Have we been sussed

They Gnu

4 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Panic merchants my arse , that game last night could have cost us the league. They dont look like dropping points to anybody , we had to win every game.

Its the same pricks that cost us every time and this manager is doing fuck all about it.........

Sass everyone was saying the same thing after the old firm. They won't drop points to anybody, we will need to win ever game etc. Then they dropped points to hibs and livi. 

I'm not buying they won't drop more points. One off day all it takes. 

I agree but that repeat culprits like tav and goldson have been costing us and need dropped. 

Katic or Edmundson could come in and do a better job for goldson. Right back however it's either Polster or Flanagan. After last night I couldn't have flanagan further away. Polster is barely ever in the squad which shows how rated he is.

I think this can only be fixed with a new signing in January.  Ideally a RB than can defend first and foremost. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were playing our possession game and playing it well for most of the first half. 

The most worrying thing is that when we get knocked off our stride as happened last night we find it hard to get back to that mindset.

It's not the first time that's happened this season.

People complain when teams park the bus against us.  Now people are complaining that they’re sitting too high up the pitch.  They can play how they like Rangers need to adapt to it.  If anything, our style works better when teams open up and try to play.  That.’s why it’s been so effective in Europe.

11 hours ago, DBBTB said:

You are missing my point completely.

It’s unquestionably a shite result that could have a massive baring on the title, no cunt is denying that, but we didn’t drop points last night because teams have sussed us out or because every player in our team has turned into a fucking shite player overnight and that’s the type of stuff you read on here time and time again after any poor result. After every poor result people come on here and act like they want to throw the baby out with the bathwater and it’s a fucking nonsense.

Last night we completely fucked it for ourselves by becoming complacent when we thought we had the game won after half an hour and that complacency leading to lazy mistakes. It was nothing to do with Aberdeen “sussing us out”.

Spot on imo. Far too many view everything being at one extreme or the other. We're either going to win 55 or finish a million points behind celtic. The over-reaction to every mis-step is fucking embarrassing at times. From folk suggesting giving 16-year-old defenders their debut last night to bringing in a boy who was playing at Carlisle last season to start an Old Firm cup final because he's looked ok in the few games he's played in so far.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

For as shite as our defence apparently is now, we've conceded a whopping one goal more than all-conquering celtic in the league.

Aye, but they win honours, we don't.

Outwith the scum, we play against dross and based on our spend and wage bill, no one outwith the scum should get near us. 

We could even concede less than them and they could still run out winnng the honours.

Being first is everything. Being second only makes you a loser.

We need players who can be first past the post.

13 hours ago, They Gnu said:

When we last played the Bheasts they kicked for touch rugby style fromKO, then played a high pressing game right in our face. We didn’t like it and struggled to get into any rhythm. Feyenoord did the same and second half last night saw the sheep do the same. 

If we had kept up the tempo we had in the first 35 minutes, they wouldn't have got close enough to us to pressurise us. At 2-0 we got over confident, dropped our standards  and lost a goal. I genuinely thought provided we got to half time at 2-1 we would regroup and go on to win the game. Losing a goal so early in the second have gave them something to fight for and we never got our composure back. As others have said it was mentality that was the problem. 

21 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

When your backline plays as badly as that it saps the confidence out of the rest of the team , we were flying last night till the 2 big lassies fucked up , again.

Gerrard if partly to blame here , he is never going to drop 3/4 of this squad no matter how bad they play , where as others have 1 bad game and are not seen for months.

We dont stand a chance at the weekend with that backline but will go into the game with the same 3/4 players in the team. We have 2 otherCBs who for whatever reason are not even given a chance by this manager , why the fuck was he allowed to buy Edmondson ?

The taigs score early and it could be a romp because this gutless shower are never going to be up for the fight...........

I would say Gerrard takes the bggest part of the blame.

There are four players who are consistently dug shite and they never get dropped.

Therein lies the heart of the problem, as disappointing as that is.

Gerrard needs to get ruthless, or we win nothing.

8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Aye, but they win honours, we don't.

Outwith the scum, we play against dross and based on our spend and wage bill, no one outwith the scum should get near us. 

We could even concede less than them and they could still run out winnng the honours.

Being first is everything. Being second only makes you a loser.

We need players who can be first past the post.

It's December, nobody has won anything yet.

Based on our spend and wagebill compared to celtic's they should be streets ahead of us.

We could very well concede less and still win nothing. We could also lose the next three league games and still win the league.

Being first absolutely is everything. At the end of the season. Nobody won the league with a two-point lead in December.

I've every faith we have players who will be first past the post. We're two points behind in December, on the brink of reaching the EL last 32 and LC final to come. If I'd offered you that in July you'd have likely taken it. 

If we beat them at the end of the month then we're a point clear. That's all the margins that are in it. One game.

Everyone needs to chill the fuck out a bit.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Has that not been the case for the past 30 years though? 

Yes we won honours then but there has always been bad results and performances regardless of how much more we are spending than everybody else does. 

Perhaps the reaction to these sort of games are being amplified because we aren’t winning the trophies like we did then to make up for the bad performances and results, and the lack of honours is becoming an issue and concern, but we can’t just act like poor results didn’t happen even when we were an all conquering side because they did.

2 hours ago, The Beast said:

We were playing our possession game and playing it well for most of the first half. 

The most worrying thing is that when we get knocked off our stride as happened last night we find it hard to get back to that mindset.

It's not the first time that's happened this season.

We have a few players who look great when our tails are up but struggle when the going gets tough. I don’t need to name them because I think we all know we they are.

These are not the only 2 teams to have pressed us high and we've had a great season so far. We coped admirably away to Porto and passed the ball about in some tight areas. 

I think our draw against the sheep coincided with a few things, Morelos didn't have the best of games, Jack's passing was fairly slack, flannagan was a jittering bombscare and our cbs didn't impose themselves on the game when we were under pressure.  These games happen from time to time and if we look through the archives we'll see that even our most successful seasons had a few blips. 

It could be a blessing in disguise and we go out fired up on Sunday and hopefully smash these manky smelly peado bastards. 

I cant get over the fact we hound them with a high press and want it more on the 1-0 & 2-0 games at Ibrox but don’t keep that formula for this year’s OF @ Home then the second we try something different and be “compact” we’re fucked - if it’s not broke don’t fix it. 

Gerrard did go on about rotation, but I've yet to see it. 

If Ojo had't been so embarassingly bad, he would still be a starter, but sadly still hanging around the bench like a bad smell and still being used. 

Those consistently under performing are some of the same who  start pretty much every game. Tav, Goldson, Helander. Throw in Ojo, Arfield  and we have a full house.

These players are doing pretty much two games a week. Aside from playing dug shite, maybe needing rested as performances show? Not a chance!

Then we have Defoe, a class act, who's cameo appearances are becoming a rarity. Is he now just a mascot? It was obvious on Wednesday Alfie was toiling, so why no Defoe?!

Very decent players in Katic and Edmundson who for some reason are just not considered ahead of dug shite.

Our defensive frailties are rather obvious most games, but no change. We persist and push our luck and at the sheep it ran out.

So what about the promised rotation? What about keeping the team fresh and on it's toes? 

Stevie didn't stick to the plan and is playing favourites and it will cost us.

We can be heroes on Sunday and our season gets back on track, so let's hope to fuck  Stevie knows wtf he is doing!

6 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

These are not the only 2 teams to have pressed us high and we've had a great season so far. We coped admirably away to Porto and passed the ball about in some tight areas. 

I think our draw against the sheep coincided with a few things, Morelos didn't have the best of games, Jack's passing was fairly slack, flannagan was a jittering bombscare and our cbs didn't impose themselves on the game when we were under pressure.  These games happen from time to time and if we look through the archives we'll see that even our most successful seasons had a few blips. 

It could be a blessing in disguise and we go out fired up on Sunday and hopefully smash these manky smelly peado bastards. 

I was going to post exactly the same. We have the technical ability to cope with high presses against teams that are far better than Aberdeen or the filth. The result on Wednesday was down to poor mentality and poor individual performances. 

Archived