Sign in to follow this  
mitre_mouldmaster

Panic Merchants

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Think people on here have to temper their expectations a bit.

Yes, we drew at Aberdeen away, what will always be o e of our hardest games of the season.

Yea there was some bad defending, but we were denied a stonewaller as well.

celtic needed a injury time winner against the mighty Hamilton at celtic park.

You can talk about match winning mentality all you like, but I consider luck to be as big or bigger influence.

The league is going to be close this year. Neither of us have dropped many points yet, but it will happen to us both throughout the season.

We just have to try what we can to drop less and take anything we can from the head to heads.

Don’t expect this to go well.

we were absolutely dominant in the first 35 minutes last night. Imperious. The gap in ability between the two teams was as big as I have seen. Then at 2-0 up we switched off and when they got their goal our bottle totally crashed. 

I am befuddled at anyone that doesn’t see dramatic cause for concern at the unfolding of last nights train wreck 

The issue isnt luck at all. It's not tactics. It's not ability really either. 

It is character and it is undeniable that this side do not have it. There isnt a strong personality or leader in the side. They are a bunch of followers without anyone to lead on the park.

Unlike luck, Unlike tactics, Unlike ability, character can not be taught. You either have it or you dont. Rangers dont have it.

The manager has said a number of times that we havent played at our best for 90mins yet, he also said that it is rare for teams to do so, but that we arent good enough yet to decide when to take our foot on and off the gas!

How many games has it been 0-0 or 1-0 at HT and we come flying out at the second half becuase hes given them a rocket? Last night was the opposite of that! Very good first half, in the main, but just took our foot off the gas and gave Aberdeen the bit between their teeth.

Too many werent good enough after they scored their first and some of our players just went into their shells, which is the worrying part for me.

There HAS to be a reaction on Sunday, no standing off and letting them play like we did at Ibrox, trying long balls in behind, we need to be up for it and in their faces for 90mins.

4 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

The issue isnt luck at all. It's not tactics. It's not ability really either. 

It is character and it is undeniable that this side do not have it. There isnt a strong personality or leader in the side. They are a bunch of followers without anyone to lead on the park.

Unlike luck, Unlike tactics, Unlike ability, character can not be taught. You either have it or you dont. Rangers dont have it.

I've seen this a few times and I just dont get it...

When Tav was going through a rough spell, there were an awful lot of people saying he shouldn't be captain and rhyming off 3-4 others in the team that would do a better job, now we have NO leaders or strong personalities in the side?

Steve Davis has been our club captain previously and is the captain of his country...Scottt Arfield has been captain of his previous clubs a number of times and is also the captain of his Country...Connor Goldson has captained his previous club sides a number of times...Ryan Jack was his previous clubs captain for a number of years...Allan MacGregor has been captain of his clubs and possibly Rangers previously...Fil Helander has been captain of his previous clubs...Jermain Defoe has been club captain for at least one of his previous clubs...

The team is full of leaders and strong personalities!

3 minutes ago, five stars said:

If we win our next 2 games then we'll be flying again.

Yesterday provided a reality check for the players, how we respond to it will show us what players are fit to wear the jersey.

And if we lose then drop points our season could be over by the New Year

Just now, Del said:

When Tav was going through a rough spell, there were an awful lot of people saying he shouldn't be captain and rhyming off 3-4 others in the team that would do a better job, now we have NO leaders or strong personalities in the side?

Steve Davis has been our club captain previously and is the captain of his country...Scottt Arfield has been captain of his previous clubs a number of times and is also the captain of his Country...Connor Goldson has captained his previous club sides a number of times...Ryan Jack was his previous clubs captain for a number of years...Allan MacGregor has been captain of his clubs and possibly Rangers previously...Fil Helander has been captain of his previous clubs...Jermain Defoe has been club captain for at least one of his previous clubs...

Davis is too quiet and reserved but as close as a leader as there is.

Goldson showed last night with his claiming for fouls when play is ongoing that he hasn't got the brains to be a captain. Constantly looking to absolve himself of responsibility.

McGregor too quick to shout and castigated, no inspirational quality. Not am example of an individual that young ones should aspire to either.

Have you hear Helander speak? He would send you to sleep.

Theres a difference between leading Jack's previous club and being a big fish in a wee pond and leading Rangers. He doeant have it.

Bakbear likes this

Just now, Getstiffed said:

Canny wait til we get a 93rd minute winner and certain people come on the match thread saying that was lucky :lol:

I look forward to the day we get a 93rd minute winner against strong opposition in a must win game. That will make me start believing we have something about us. 

4 minutes ago, Del said:

They were warriors, heroes, legends in the making from Thurday and through the weekend :lol:

I don't take either the hero talk or the shite bag talk seriously.

These are the same people that wanted a player sent back to Liverpool only to celebrate 12 months later when we spent 7 million quid on him. Bi polar clowns.

The negatives from last night have been well documented. The concerns they cause for Sunday and the rest of the season are clear.

But I do think folk are forgetting how dominant and excellent we were for the bulk of the 1st half. The talent and ability IS there, its the mindset in adversity and mistakes that hurt us.

I'm still raging about last night but I've got to believe it can be used as a jolt to the players the way an easy win wouldn't.  I also hope the CBs get a fucking rocket (we know they wont be dropped) and any notion of dropping Borna for JF is binned.

I'm desperate for us to win on Sunday. If we do, I think thecscum will spend more on Jan but so be it. If we lose, it may work in our favour overvtgecseason if they think they are superior and invest less. What will be will be. Sunday will come down to the team that plays to their strengths, wants to win individual battles more, and makes least mistakes. Could go either way and will give the victor momentum but it isnt season defining.

2 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

I look forward to the day we get a 93rd minute winner against strong opposition in a must win game. That will make me start believing we have something about us. 

You notice the wee caveat you stuck in there making sure when it does happen that unless its against Aberdeen or the likes it doesn't count :lol:

1 minute ago, Getstiffed said:

Canny wait til we get a 93rd minute winner and certain people come on the match thread saying that was lucky :lol:

When we did it against Kilmarnock earlier in the season plenty of folk said we got away with one and were lucky.

At the end of the day, we have had one more draw than them so far this season. That's it.

That extra draw came in an away game to Aberdeen, who are probably the 3rd best team in the league (although still not very good), who absolutely fucking hate us.

They should have had men sent off and we should have had a penalty.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The negatives from last night have been well documented. The concerns they cause for Sunday and the rest of the season are clear.

But I do think folk are forgetting how dominant and excellent we were for the bulk of the 1st half. The talent and ability IS there, its the mindset in adversity and mistakes that hurt us.

I'm still raging about last night but I've got to believe it can be used as a jolt to the players the way an easy win wouldn't.  I also hope the CBs get a fucking rocket (we know they wont be dropped) and any notion of dropping Borna for JF is binned.

I'm desperate for us to win on Sunday. If we do, I think thecscum will spend more on Jan but so be it. If we lose, it may work in our favour overvtgecseason if they think they are superior and invest less. What will be will be. Sunday will come down to the team that plays to their strengths, wants to win individual battles more, and makes least mistakes. Could go either way and will give the victor momentum but it isnt season defining.

Put it this way, Andy Walker couldn't shut up about how shocked he was that we were so dominant. Fuck knows where the players heads went but the MF decided to arse about for some reason.

It's the manner of the draw, agree totally it's normally an ok result but not considering how it happened. Hopefully it will galvanise us and give the players extra fire for Sunday. Half full Loyal...

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

When we did it against Kilmarnock earlier in the season plenty of folk said we got away with one and were lucky.

At the end of the day, we have had one more draw than them so far this season. That's it.

That extra draw came in an away game to Aberdeen, who are probably the 3rd best team in the league (although still not very good), who absolutely fucking hate us.

They should have had men sent off and we should have had a penalty.

:lol:

Guaranteed the same folk telling you its not luck :lol:

You're wasting your time mate.

The result isn’t what people are angry about. I said before the game that at the end of the season, a draw up there might not be a bad result. It’s the manner in which the result came about. We were completely and utterly dominant until yet another defence lapse, and our heads went down. Guys like Goldson, Tav, Ojo,  Flanagan don’t have the required winners mentality. I’m a fan of Tavernier the players when he’s on form, but the guy has serious issues with confidence.  

Compare us last night to the yahoos. They lose a goal in 90 minutes and immediately go up the park and score. They’re not a particularly good side, but they’ve got a winners mentality. I honestly think we’ll get battered on Sunday now. 

5 minutes ago, Del said:

Being called a leader and actually being one is a different matter.

For want of an outfield player, McGregor is the only clear leader we have.

Katic has the potential, but as the best of of the four CD's he can't even get a fucking start.

Leadership starts at the top and is Gerrard and he showed none of it when he called out his so called leaders on the park, far less his team selections and there's Tav ffs! HE was at fault and when he can't show just wtf does he expect from the players?!

Just now, SPWF said:

The result isn’t what people are angry about. I said before the game that at the end of the season, a draw up there might not be a bad result. It’s the manner in which the result came about. We were completely and utterly dominant until yet another defence lapse, and our heads went down. Guys like Goldson, Tav, Ojo,  Flanagan don’t have the required winners mentality. I’m a fan of Tavernier the players when he’s on form, but the guy has serious issues with confidence.  

Compare us last night to the yahoos. They lose a goal in 90 minutes and immediately go up the park and score. They’re not a particularly good side, but they’ve got a winner mentality. I honestly think we’ll get battered on Sunday now. 

Why is the fact they have a winning mentality almost used as a stick to beat our team with? They've matched them game for game pretty much all season, even tough games after playing decent opposition on Thursday night.

Last night was a steel toed kick in the balls but the whole fucking team carries the responsibility for it. We're under no pressure after 20 minutes, we're 2 up then the MF and front 3 decide to take a break from stringing 2 passes together. Why weren't Aberdeen put to the fucking sword by Kent, Morelos, Aribo?

Amokachi likes this

1 minute ago, SPWF said:

Compare us last night to the yahoos. They lose a goal in 90 minutes and immediately go up the park and score. They’re not a particularly good side, but they’ve got a winner mentality. I honestly think we’ll get battered on Sunday now. 

That is absolutely luck.

Unless you are telling me that if celtic so choose, they can score a goal in any or all minutes they choose to do so?

celtic and ourselves have the quality to beat teams in Scotland the majority of the time over 90 minutes.

Occasionally that winner will come in the very dying moments of the game, like us at Kilmarnock or them last night.

Just now, Getstiffed said:

Why is the fact they have a winning mentality almost used as a stick to beat our team with? They've matched them game for game pretty much all season, even tough games after playing decent opposition on Thursday night.

Last night was a steel toed kick in the balls but the whole fucking team carries the responsibility for it. We're under no pressure after 20 minutes, we're 2 up then the MF and front 3 decide to take a break from stringing 2 passes together. Why weren't Aberdeen put to the fucking sword by Kent, Morelos, Aribo?

Because they consistently win games like that when the chips are down. Our two biggest tests domestically this season, the OF at Ibrox and last night we’ve shat the bed. Pretty obvious comparison.