Panic Merchants

Its only the very start of what is a long tough period for us and thats 2 points dropped from a 2 goal cruising position.

Dont feel in the slightest bit confident for sunday with that defence and if anything im MORE pissed off this morning.

Horrible horrible night lastnight.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Because they consistently win games like that when the chips are down. Our two biggest tests domestically this season, the OF at Ibrox and last night we’ve shat the bed. Pretty obvious comparison. 

But its battered over their heads like there's something they could be doing in training to sort it, or that the manager should sort in the transfer windows? If we could sign 11-18 match winners we would have. If there were training drills that instilled match winning mentality we would be doing them.

I mean, if we get to the winter break and we've won the League cup, we've won the OF game and we're sitting 1 point ahead of them, are these players suddenly winners?

People are talking about it as if we've went 10 points behind. I get the frustration at the performance leading to the result, I just don't get given everything this group has done so far, the panic.

Sunday will define our season. These games can go either way, but if we don’t turn up and we lose the game then I think that’s that for the season. The manner of the result last night is had to take.  

If we want the league and cups we need to beat teams like them and the other mob. Playing well for 35-40mins isn’t going to cut it.

The league isn’t won or lost yet, but psychologically we have missed an opportunity to emphasise our intent and determination.

We now have to prove this again on Sunday.  

5 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Because they consistently win games like that when the chips are down. Our two biggest tests domestically this season, the OF at Ibrox and last night we’ve shat the bed. Pretty obvious comparison. 

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They've always scored late goals, previously they won the league due to picking up so many late points. Finding the way to get the win regardless of anything isnt luck, its a quality that winners need. That we need to be winners.

We have both done it once this season in the league if I recall? Surely that means our team of 'losers' have the same mentality to their team of 'world conquering winners'.

We have lost one game in the league this season and drawn two.

They have lost one and drawn one.

The difference we so far have drawn a game away from home against the 3rd best team in Scotland, during a run of games considered to be our hardest of the season.

It is not great, but the for cunts to be throwing in the towel just scream of overreaction.

14 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

They were warriors, heroes, legends in the making from Thurday and through the weekend :lol:

I don't take either the hero talk or the shite bag talk seriously.

These are the same people that wanted a player sent back to Liverpool only to celebrate 12 months later when we spent 7 million quid on him. Bi polar clowns.

The heroes of Rotterdam and the conquerors of Porto, now heartless and bottle jobs without leadership or direction, because we dropped points against Aberdeen in what is their biggest game of the season.

The timing of the Aberdeen goals gave them a massive lift and although we didn't play well enough in the 2nd half, we were unlucky with a few decisions (the penalty, Cosgrove committed 11 fouls - 6 after being booked) and just couldn't find that killer pass.

Their goals were a shambles as well, especially the 2nd.

Its frustrating and last night I was going mad but the reaction of far too many has been ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Del said:

The heroes of Rotterdam and the conquerors of Porto, now heartless and bottle jobs without leadership or direction, because we dropped points against Aberdeen in what is their biggest game of the season.

The timing of the Aberdeen goals gave them a massive lift and although we didn't play well enough in the 2nd half, we were unlucky with a few decisions (the penalty, Cosgrove committed 11 fouls - 6 after being booked) and just couldn't find that killer pass.

Its frustrating and last night I was going mad but the reaction of far too many has been ridiculous.

Last night was unprofessional as fuck imo. It got so easy 20 minutes in that I think come players minds wandered to Sunday. That's not good enough but as you say its a completely different issue from them being shite bags.

14 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Being called a leader and actually being one is a different matter.

For want of an outfield player, McGregor is the only clear leader we have.

Katic has the potential, but as the best of of the four CD's he can't even get a fucking start.

Leadership starts at the top and is Gerrard and he showed none of it when he called out his so called leaders on the park, far less his team selections and there's Tav ffs! HE was at fault and when he can't show just wtf does he expect from the players?!

As I said in my post, a number of different managers have seen these guys every day in training, how they carry themselves, how they drive teammates on, set the example etc so I would say they are far better placed to decide if someone is a leader or not.

As for the rest of your post, how on earth is McGregor a leader? Because he screams and shouts and throws his arms about in a strop? Hes an experienced player that wants to win every game but as the "only clear leader" why wasnt he leading the team last night?

As for Katic, I mean, how exactly has he shown potential to be captain? In the 40odd games that hes played for us he has had done ok, but hes also had some howlers and I've seen nothing that would have him labelled as a captain, he also gets better the longer he doesnt play, the best of our four CB's  😂

52 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Think people on here have to temper their expectations a bit.

Yes, we drew at Aberdeen away, what will always be o e of our hardest games of the season.

Yea there was some bad defending, but we were denied a stonewaller as well.

celtic needed a injury time winner against the mighty Hamilton at celtic park.

You can talk about match winning mentality all you like, but I consider luck to be as big or bigger influence.

The league is going to be close this year. Neither of us have dropped many points yet, but it will happen to us both throughout the season.

We just have to try what we can to drop less and take anything we can from the head to heads.

No chance we’ll win at parkheed so theres really 5 points in it , drop anything else up until then I can’t see a way back after the break 

6 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

We have both done it once this season in the league if I recall? Surely that means our team of 'losers' have the same mentality to their team of 'world conquering winners'.

We have lost one game in the league this season and drawn two.

They have lost one and drawn one.

The difference we so far have drawn a game away from home against the 3rd best team in Scotland, during a run of games considered to be our hardest of the season.

It is not great, but the for cunts to be throwing in the towel just scream of overreaction.

There has been some major panic and overreaction today. 

It's an awful result last night and questions do need to be asked after throwing away a 2 goal lead. 

But seeing comments writing us off in the cup final and handing them the league is ridiculous.

Dust ourselves down, move on and get into them on sunday 

Its not the fact we drew 2-2 at Pittodrie, in previous years that would be a decent result, especially on a freezing cold Wednesday night before a cup final.

It was the manner that the players just completely fell apart yet again, they absolutely shit themselves as soon as Aberdeen scored and we never looked like winning from then on. 

This is the same squad of players that had a chance back at the start of the year to cement themselves as title challengers following the international break...instead we went to Kille and got beat & the taigs then went on and ran away with the title.

Our mentality is fucking shocking and can guarantee we'll be nervous on Sunday now, especially passing out from the back after what happened again and again last night. 

13 minutes ago, Del said:

I don't blame the referee at all , losing 2 points was down to us shooting ourselves in the foot , however if any of our players had committed the amount of fouls that Cosgrove did then we would have certainly had a man sent off,  I couldn't believe how long the ref spoke to Cosgrove about the simulation without giving a second yellow. 

35 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

You notice the wee caveat you stuck in there making sure when it does happen that unless its against Aberdeen or the likes it doesn't count :lol:

It doesn’t count if it is against a diddy team that we should be hammering. I would have thought that would be obvious?

if we nick a last minute winner against Alloa it’s lucky, not a winning mentality. If we get a last minute winner against the scum on Sunday it is mental strength. 

when the going got tough last night Gerrard looked at his subs and those on the park and made the decision to send on a loan player who has not looked interested or arsed with playing for us.  That was how he intended us to change the game that was slipping away from us.  I'm not saying the bench was amazing last night but Ojo?  FFS that decision did not help us get back in contention for the 3 points.

Thats not luck or drive or anything of that nature.  IT was a bad decision that we cant repeat in a similar situation.  

I’ll try and be positive on the day, but our defence being as light weight against the scum might only lead to a heavy defeat. 

Confidence is gone in defence, I think Gerrard has to be brave and put in Katic and Edmundson. Otherwise we’re giving the Scum exactly what they want - Goldson and Helander chuckle brothers.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Think people on here have to temper their expectations a bit.

Yes, we drew at Aberdeen away, what will always be o e of our hardest games of the season.

Yea there was some bad defending, but we were denied a stonewaller as well.

celtic needed a injury time winner against the mighty Hamilton at celtic park.

You can talk about match winning mentality all you like, but I consider luck to be as big or bigger influence.

The league is going to be close this year. Neither of us have dropped many points yet, but it will happen to us both throughout the season.

We just have to try what we can to drop less and take anything we can from the head to heads.

Fuck off with this Patronising shite 

15 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

I don't blame the referee at all , losing 2 points was down to us shooting ourselves in the foot , however if any of our players had committed the amount of fouls that Cosgrove did then we would have certainly had a man sent off,  I couldn't believe how long the ref spoke to Cosgrove about the simulation without giving a second yellow. 

So you dont blame the referee at all but if it had been one our players that committed the fouls Cosgrove did then you think he would have been sent off? So the ref was to blame then 😉

I agree in part though, we should have won that game regardless, but as you said they should have been down to 10 men and we have been denied a penalty.

When you dont play as well as you can, not getting obvious decisions like that just make it worse!

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Last night’s game was completely winnable. 

if only we had the correct players on the park at the start, the subs and timing of them were different and certain players realised what the fuck a draw actually means to us. 

What would your starting 11 have been? 

I dont believe for a second that anyone in the starting 11 didnt realise what a draw means to us either!!

1 minute ago, Del said:

So you dont blame the referee at all but if it had been one our players that committed the fouls Cosgrove did then you think he would have been sent off? So the ref was to blame then 😉

I agree in part though, we should have won that game regardless, but as you said they should have been down to 10 men and we have been denied a penalty.

When you dont play as well as you can, not getting obvious decisions like that just make it worse!

The penalty was a close call and difficult to blame referee without var so I have no issue with that, we lost 2 points due  to ourselves and should have had the game won by half time. Despite any faults the referee was NOT why we drew the match. We were crap in second half there is no disputing that.

😂😂 This is an Aberdeen team we knocked 5 past at Ibrox and didn’t give them a kick of the ball for 40mins going 2 up. But suddenly they are the 3rd best team in the league and it’s a really hard game up there. 
Give it a rest and just call it as it was, our defence once again fucked up and the collective arse feel out of the rest of the team. 

16 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

I’ll try and be positive on the day, but our defence being as light weight against the scum might only lead to a heavy defeat. 

Confidence is gone in defence, I think Gerrard has to be brave and put in Katic and Edmundson. Otherwise we’re giving the Scum exactly what they want - Goldson and Helander chuckle brothers.

Starting Katic and Edmundson wouldn't be brave, it would be ridiculous!

Katic was very poor against celtic at Ibrox in September and Edmundson has only played 6 games for us all season. Goldson and Helander have to start for me, but with Barasic at LB and Davis Jack and Kamara in midfield.

1 minute ago, glasgow argyle said:

The penalty was a close call and difficult to blame referee without var so I have no issue with that, we lost 2 points due  to ourselves and should have had the game won by half time. Despite any faults the referee was NOT why we drew the match. We were crap in second half there is no disputing that.

The Ref got a lot more wrong than a close call penalty. Playing against 9 men Aberdeen should’ve been a given. 

Archived