Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mitre_mouldmaster

Panic Merchants

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

That is absolutely luck.

Unless you are telling me that if celtic so choose, they can score a goal in any or all minutes they choose to do so?

celtic and ourselves have the quality to beat teams in Scotland the majority of the time over 90 minutes.

Occasionally that winner will come in the very dying moments of the game, like us at Kilmarnock or them last night.

They've always scored late goals, previously they won the league due to picking up so many late points. Finding the way to get the win regardless of anything isnt luck, its a quality that winners need. That we need to be winners.

Blue Avenger, Blueteeth and dee9 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Davis is too quiet and reserved but as close as a leader as there is.

Goldson showed last night with his claiming for fouls when play is ongoing that he hasn't got the brains to be a captain. Constantly looking to absolve himself of responsibility.

McGregor too quick to shout and castigated, no inspirational quality. Not am example of an individual that young ones should aspire to either.

Have you hear Helander speak? He would send you to sleep.

Theres a difference between leading Jack's previous club and being a big fish in a wee pond and leading Rangers. He doeant have it.

It doesnt matter what you or I think mate, these guys have all been chosen by a number of different managers because they have been recognised as a leader.

People criticise Davis and Tav for being quiet and not shouting enough but if you actually watch them, they never stop talking, just because they dont throw strops, scream, or jump up and down like others, doesnt mean that arent leading the team!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its only the very start of what is a long tough period for us and thats 2 points dropped from a 2 goal cruising position.

 

Dont feel in the slightest bit confident for sunday with that defence and if anything im MORE pissed off this morning.

Horrible horrible night lastnight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Because they consistently win games like that when the chips are down. Our two biggest tests domestically this season, the OF at Ibrox and last night we’ve shat the bed. Pretty obvious comparison. 

But its battered over their heads like there's something they could be doing in training to sort it, or that the manager should sort in the transfer windows? If we could sign 11-18 match winners we would have. If there were training drills that instilled match winning mentality we would be doing them.

I mean, if we get to the winter break and we've won the League cup, we've won the OF game and we're sitting 1 point ahead of them, are these players suddenly winners?

People are talking about it as if we've went 10 points behind. I get the frustration at the performance leading to the result, I just don't get given everything this group has done so far, the panic.

scottyc06 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday will define our season. These games can go either way, but if we don’t turn up and we lose the game then I think that’s that for the season. The manner of the result last night is had to take.  

If we want the league and cups we need to beat teams like them and the other mob. Playing well for 35-40mins isn’t going to cut it.

The league isn’t won or lost yet, but psychologically we have missed an opportunity to emphasise our intent and determination.

We now have to prove this again on Sunday.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Because they consistently win games like that when the chips are down. Our two biggest tests domestically this season, the OF at Ibrox and last night we’ve shat the bed. Pretty obvious comparison. 

 

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They've always scored late goals, previously they won the league due to picking up so many late points. Finding the way to get the win regardless of anything isnt luck, its a quality that winners need. That we need to be winners.

We have both done it once this season in the league if I recall? Surely that means our team of 'losers' have the same mentality to their team of 'world conquering winners'.

We have lost one game in the league this season and drawn two.

They have lost one and drawn one.

The difference we so far have drawn a game away from home against the 3rd best team in Scotland, during a run of games considered to be our hardest of the season.

It is not great, but the for cunts to be throwing in the towel just scream of overreaction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

They were warriors, heroes, legends in the making from Thurday and through the weekend :lol:

I don't take either the hero talk or the shite bag talk seriously.

These are the same people that wanted a player sent back to Liverpool only to celebrate 12 months later when we spent 7 million quid on him. Bi polar clowns.

The heroes of Rotterdam and the conquerors of Porto, now heartless and bottle jobs without leadership or direction, because we dropped points against Aberdeen in what is their biggest game of the season.

The timing of the Aberdeen goals gave them a massive lift and although we didn't play well enough in the 2nd half, we were unlucky with a few decisions (the penalty, Cosgrove committed 11 fouls - 6 after being booked) and just couldn't find that killer pass.

 Their goals were a shambles as well, especially the 2nd.

Its frustrating and last night I was going mad but the reaction of far too many has been ridiculous.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Del said:

The heroes of Rotterdam and the conquerors of Porto, now heartless and bottle jobs without leadership or direction, because we dropped points against Aberdeen in what is their biggest game of the season.

The timing of the Aberdeen goals gave them a massive lift and although we didn't play well enough in the 2nd half, we were unlucky with a few decisions (the penalty, Cosgrove committed 11 fouls - 6 after being booked) and just couldn't find that killer pass.

 Their goals were a shambles as well, especially the 2nd.

Its frustrating and last night I was going mad but the reaction of far too many has been ridiculous.

 

Last night was unprofessional as fuck imo. It got so easy 20 minutes in that I think come players minds wandered to Sunday. That's not good enough but as you say its a completely different issue from them being shite bags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nevermind 93rd minute goals anyway, what about that chance Morelos had they tried to play offside and he couldn't control the ball on the run? None of those players covered themselves in glory last night at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Being called a leader and actually being one is a different matter.

For want of an outfield player, McGregor is the only clear leader we have.

Katic has the potential, but as the best of of the four CD's he can't even get a fucking start.

Leadership starts at the top and is Gerrard and he showed none of it when he called out his so called leaders on the park, far less his team selections and there's Tav ffs! HE was at fault and when he can't show just wtf does he expect from the players?!

As I said in my post, a number of different managers have seen these guys every day in training, how they carry themselves, how they drive teammates on, set the example etc so I would say they are far better placed to decide if someone is a leader or not.

As for the rest of your post, how on earth is McGregor a leader? Because he screams and shouts and throws his arms about in a strop? Hes an experienced player that wants to win every game but as the "only clear leader" why wasnt he leading the team last night?

As for Katic, I mean, how exactly has he shown potential to be captain? In the 40odd games that hes played for us he has had done ok, but hes also had some howlers and I've seen nothing that would have him labelled as a captain, he also gets better the longer he doesnt play, the best of our four CB's  😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Think people on here have to temper their expectations a bit.

Yes, we drew at Aberdeen away, what will always be o e of our hardest games of the season.

Yea there was some bad defending, but we were denied a stonewaller as well.

celtic needed a injury time winner against the mighty Hamilton at celtic park.

You can talk about match winning mentality all you like, but I consider luck to be as big or bigger influence.

The league is going to be close this year. Neither of us have dropped many points yet, but it will happen to us both throughout the season.

We just have to try what we can to drop less and take anything we can from the head to heads.

No chance we’ll win at parkheed so theres really 5 points in it , drop anything else up until then I can’t see a way back after the break 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

 

We have both done it once this season in the league if I recall? Surely that means our team of 'losers' have the same mentality to their team of 'world conquering winners'.

We have lost one game in the league this season and drawn two.

They have lost one and drawn one.

The difference we so far have drawn a game away from home against the 3rd best team in Scotland, during a run of games considered to be our hardest of the season.

It is not great, but the for cunts to be throwing in the towel just scream of overreaction.

There has been some major panic and overreaction today. 

It's an awful result last night and questions do need to be asked after throwing away a 2 goal lead. 

But seeing comments writing us off in the cup final and handing them the league is ridiculous.

Dust ourselves down, move on and get into them on sunday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not the fact we drew 2-2 at Pittodrie, in previous years that would be a decent result, especially on a freezing cold Wednesday night before a cup final.

It was the manner that the players just completely fell apart yet again, they absolutely shit themselves as soon as Aberdeen scored and we never looked like winning from then on. 

This is the same squad of players that had a chance back at the start of the year to cement themselves as title challengers following the international break...instead we went to Kille and got beat & the taigs then went on and ran away with the title.

Our mentality is fucking shocking and can guarantee we'll be nervous on Sunday now, especially passing out from the back after what happened again and again last night. 

DiamondDan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Del said:

The heroes of Rotterdam and the conquerors of Porto, now heartless and bottle jobs without leadership or direction, because we dropped points against Aberdeen in what is their biggest game of the season.

The timing of the Aberdeen goals gave them a massive lift and although we didn't play well enough in the 2nd half, we were unlucky with a few decisions (the penalty, Cosgrove committed 11 fouls - 6 after being booked) and just couldn't find that killer pass.

 Their goals were a shambles as well, especially the 2nd.

Its frustrating and last night I was going mad but the reaction of far too many has been ridiculous.

 

I don't blame the referee at all , losing 2 points was down to us shooting ourselves in the foot , however if any of our players had committed the amount of fouls that Cosgrove did then we would have certainly had a man sent off,  I couldn't believe how long the ref spoke to Cosgrove about the simulation without giving a second yellow. 

 

Gascoigne8 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

You notice the wee caveat you stuck in there making sure when it does happen that unless its against Aberdeen or the likes it doesn't count :lol:

It doesn’t count if it is against a diddy team that we should be hammering. I would have thought that would be obvious?

if we nick a last minute winner against Alloa it’s lucky, not a winning mentality. If we get a last minute winner against the scum on Sunday it is mental strength. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when the going got tough last night Gerrard looked at his subs and those on the park and made the decision to send on a loan player who has not looked interested or arsed with playing for us.  That was how he intended us to change the game that was slipping away from us.  I'm not saying the bench was amazing last night but Ojo?  FFS that decision did not help us get back in contention for the 3 points.

 

Thats not luck or drive or anything of that nature.  IT was a bad decision that we cant repeat in a similar situation.  

Del and eejay the dj like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll try and be positive on the day, but our defence being as light weight against the scum might only lead to a heavy defeat. 

Confidence is gone in defence, I think Gerrard has to be brave and put in Katic and Edmundson. Otherwise we’re giving the Scum exactly what they want - Goldson and Helander chuckle brothers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Think people on here have to temper their expectations a bit.

Yes, we drew at Aberdeen away, what will always be o e of our hardest games of the season.

Yea there was some bad defending, but we were denied a stonewaller as well.

celtic needed a injury time winner against the mighty Hamilton at celtic park.

You can talk about match winning mentality all you like, but I consider luck to be as big or bigger influence.

The league is going to be close this year. Neither of us have dropped many points yet, but it will happen to us both throughout the season.

We just have to try what we can to drop less and take anything we can from the head to heads.

Fuck off with this Patronising shite 

sassaaaa likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night’s game was completely winnable. 
 

if only we had the correct players on the park at the start, the subs and timing of them were different and certain players realised what the fuck a draw actually means to us. 
 

 

Blue Avenger likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

I don't blame the referee at all , losing 2 points was down to us shooting ourselves in the foot , however if any of our players had committed the amount of fouls that Cosgrove did then we would have certainly had a man sent off,  I couldn't believe how long the ref spoke to Cosgrove about the simulation without giving a second yellow. 

 

So you dont blame the referee at all but if it had been one our players that committed the fouls Cosgrove did then you think he would have been sent off? So the ref was to blame then 😉

I agree in part though, we should have won that game regardless, but as you said they should have been down to 10 men and we have been denied a penalty.

When you dont play as well as you can, not getting obvious decisions like that just make it worse!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Last night’s game was completely winnable. 
 

if only we had the correct players on the park at the start, the subs and timing of them were different and certain players realised what the fuck a draw actually means to us. 
 

 

What would your starting 11 have been? 

I dont believe for a second that anyone in the starting 11 didnt realise what a draw means to us either!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Del said:

So you dont blame the referee at all but if it had been one our players that committed the fouls Cosgrove did then you think he would have been sent off? So the ref was to blame then 😉

I agree in part though, we should have won that game regardless, but as you said they should have been down to 10 men and we have been denied a penalty.

When you dont play as well as you can, not getting obvious decisions like that just make it worse!

The penalty was a close call and difficult to blame referee without var so I have no issue with that, we lost 2 points due  to ourselves and should have had the game won by half time. Despite any faults the referee was NOT why we drew the match. We were crap in second half there is no disputing that.

eejay the dj likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...