Panic Merchants

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Think people on here have to temper their expectations a bit.

Yes, we drew at Aberdeen away, what will always be o e of our hardest games of the season.

Yea there was some bad defending, but we were denied a stonewaller as well.

celtic needed a injury time winner against the mighty Hamilton at celtic park.

You can talk about match winning mentality all you like, but I consider luck to be as big or bigger influence.

The league is going to be close this year. Neither of us have dropped many points yet, but it will happen to us both throughout the season.

We just have to try what we can to drop less and take anything we can from the head to heads.

2-0 up and drawing a game is unforgivable, regardless of the fixture. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

There is luck in football to an extent. 

Conceding in the 90th minute and scoring 70 seconds later isn’t luck though, that’s drive and determination to keep at it until the last whistle. 

That’s something we’re totally devoid of across the board. We had 40 minutes to find the winning goal last night and had like 2 shots on target in that time. 

We need to find determination and fight from somewhere otherwise it’ll be another very long, trophyless season

I agree about the luck but I'm sure we lead the table with most goals scored in the last 15 mins, we just played the 2nd half like amateurs.

1 minute ago, Del said:

Starting Katic and Edmundson wouldn't be brave, it would be ridiculous!

Katic was very poor against celtic at Ibrox in September and Edmundson has only played 6 games for us all season. Goldson and Helander have to start for me, but with Barasic at LB and Davis Jack and Kamara in midfield.

So Katic has one bad game and Edmundson a player that has never put a foot wrong shouldn’t be given their chance over a couple of players continually fucking up game after game. 
That makes perfect sense. 

1 minute ago, glasgow argyle said:

The penalty was a close call and difficult to blame referee without var so I have no issue with that, we lost 2 points due  to ourselves and should have had the game won by half time. Despite any faults the referee was NOT why we drew the match. We were crap in second half there is no disputing that.

It wasnt a close call, it was the wrong call, it should have been a penalty and the referee has apologised for getting it wrong.

I've said 3 times now that I dont blame the ref for us dropping points, I haven't seen anyone say that to be fair, but what I did say was that we were unlucky with some of the decisions given, which we were. When you are having a bad day, those decisions going against you just compound it, and if the ref has given them it would have helped us!

4 minutes ago, Del said:

What would your starting 11 have been? 

I dont believe for a second that anyone in the starting 11 didnt realise what a draw means to us either!!

I’m making the point that there’s no decent backup for injuries etc. 

I’m also making the point Stewart should have came on for Arfield to stretch that midfield instead of Ojo

I get that last night was frustrating but the fine line between a good season and our season being over is pretty outrageous. We dropped points in a place where some of our greatest teams have dropped points and all of a sudden we're dog shite with poor mentality. Granted, we should've been out of sight at half time but people really need to compose themselves after poor results. 

30 minutes ago, crabbit247 said:

when the going got tough last night Gerrard looked at his subs and those on the park and made the decision to send on a loan player who has not looked interested or arsed with playing for us.  That was how he intended us to change the game that was slipping away from us.  I'm not saying the bench was amazing last night but Ojo?  FFS that decision did not help us get back in contention for the 3 points.

Thats not luck or drive or anything of that nature.  IT was a bad decision that we cant repeat in a similar situation.  

Great post 

55 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

We have both done it once this season in the league if I recall? Surely that means our team of 'losers' have the same mentality to their team of 'world conquering winners'.

We have lost one game in the league this season and drawn two.

They have lost one and drawn one.

The difference we so far have drawn a game away from home against the 3rd best team in Scotland, during a run of games considered to be our hardest of the season.

It is not great, but the for cunts to be throwing in the towel just scream of overreaction.

Losers v world conquerors is ridiculous.

3 games in europe plus last night they've snatched point/ wins from last minute goals. They had a good few last season, Killie away springs to mind. We've had 2 I can think of, Killie and Legia in August.

I think 4 times we've dropped points from a winning position plus capitulation v the scum. Pretty sure they're less than that, Cluj springs to mind from winning position, Livingston defeat they were down to 10 men  quite early, away, I think after Europe.

Dont have them down as world beaters, far from throwing in any towel. But they absolutely do seem to deal with adversity better than us imho. 

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Yes, we drew at Aberdeen away, what will always be o e of our hardest games of the season.

You can talk about match winning mentality all you like, but I consider luck to be as big or bigger influence.

The league is going to be close this year. Neither of us have dropped many points yet, but it will happen to us both throughout the season.

We just have to try what we can to drop less and take anything we can from the head to heads.

Good post, apart from luck being as big or a bigger influence than mentality. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So Katic has one bad game and Edmundson a player that has never put a foot wrong shouldn’t be given their chance over a couple of players continually fucking up game after game. 

Neither Katic  & Edmundson have played together yet. Are you saying it makes sense to throw an untried partnership into our biggest game of the season.

Manager would be getting completely slaughtered on here if it goes wrong. 

If a change is made it will likely be katic and goldson at the back. 

1 minute ago, left winger said:

Good post, apart from luck being as big or a bigger influence than mentality. 

Mentality is obviously important.

Mentality will get you possession and pressure you need to get that one lucky break in the final minute. The luck is in the ball finding its way into the net in that minute. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

It makes far more sense than throwing them in against celtic in a cup final for fuck sake 😂

Two players that have never played with each other before, neither of them having played for weeks but aye lets start them both in the biggest game of the season so far.

As for Goldson and Helander fucking up game after game, they arent though are they? Before last night we had conceded 3 goals in 9 leagues games, where Goldson and Helander has started together, and I would argue that of those 3 goals they weren't at fault for any of them. In Europe we have conceded 5 goals in 5 games and although they had a nightmare for the 2nd goal against Feyenoord, again I dont think you can solely blame them for any of the other goals. 

People want Katic to play and I can see that to an extent, I dont think that defensively Katic is any worse than them, but for me Goldson and Helander are much better on the ball than Katic and thats why I would have them playing on Sunday, even though they were poor last night.

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Neither Katic  & Edmundson have played together yet. Are you saying it makes sense to throw an untried partnership into our biggest game of the season.

Manager would be getting completely slaughtered on here if it goes wrong. 

If a change is made it will likely be katic and goldson at the back. 

Aye or would you rather watch Goldson and Helander comedy show for 90 mins again. 
Goldson is going to cost us any chance of 55   

Stevie is getting slaughtered already for not seeing what is right in front of his face, his 2 first pick CB’s are piss poor. 

1 minute ago, Del said:

It makes far more sense than throwing them in against celtic in a cup final for fuck sake 😂

Two players that have never played with each other before, neither of them having played for weeks but aye lets start them both in the biggest game of the season so far.

As for Goldson and Helander fucking up game after game, they arent though are they? Before last night we had conceded 3 goals in 9 leagues games, where Goldson and Helander has started together, and I would argue that of those 3 goals they weren't at fault for any of them. In Europe we have conceded 5 goals in 5 games and although they had a nightmare for the 2nd goal against Feyenoord, again I dont think you can solely blame them for any of the other goals. 

People want Katic to play and I can see that to an extent, I dont think that defensively Katic is any worse than them, but for me Goldson and Helander are much better on the ball than Katic and thats why I would have them playing on Sunday, even though they were poor last night.

Yes they fuck up game after game but they get away with it 90% of the time in Scottish football. 
On the ball isn’t the problem although Goldson has the first touch of a bag of cement and thinks he can pass a ball more than 10 yards, 

13 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’m making the point that there’s no decent backup for injuries etc. 

I’m also making the point Stewart should have came on for Arfield to stretch that midfield instead of Ojo

I agree with that to an extent but I you said, 

"if only we had the correct players on the park at the start, the subs and timing of them were different and certain players realised what the fuck a draw actually means to us."

What players weren't correct at the start?

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

You don't fling away a two goal and expect cunts to be happy.

I honestly think the league will be decided on our performances against them. we win the league games against them and it will make up for the odd dropped point here and there. We've still only lost once in the league, aye it hurts we arent right behind them still but theres still time for that to change. dust ourselves off and win the cup on sunday and it could be a completely different story.

36 minutes ago, Del said:

Starting Katic and Edmundson wouldn't be brave, it would be ridiculous!

Katic was very poor against celtic at Ibrox in September and Edmundson has only played 6 games for us all season. Goldson and Helander have to start for me, but with Barasic at LB and Davis Jack and Kamara in midfield.

Well mate, I think it's ridiculous doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. Can they really be any worse than the performance of Goldson and Helander last night?

They're trying to be too smart and end up putting themselves under severe pressure, Katic and Edmundson will just blast the ball out of defense - exactly what we need at this moment in time. Goldson and Helander's performance put the shits right through the entire team - that was the turning point for me. They were so poor, and I don't think Barasic would have made much of a difference given how badly they performed.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Obviously not, but I dont expect cunts to be throwing in the towel either.

A bit of rationality needs to be applied.

The only cunts throwing in the towel were the players last night, fucking shocking throwing away a 2-0 lead when we were absolutely dominant against the mighty sheep.

1 hour ago, Getstiffed said:

Nevermind 93rd minute goals anyway, what about that chance Morelos had they tried to play offside and he couldn't control the ball on the run? None of those players covered themselves in glory last night at all.

Aye or Flanagan's "clearance" that resulted in a header on target for aberdeen, schoolboy stuff

Archived