Loans v SPL Experience

tannerall

With the notable exception of Kent, we've seen a lot of loan players come and go over the last few years, especially from English clubs, many have failed to impress consistently.

I think it i is essential in the short term we bring in a couple of solid permanent back up players in January, who have already done a consistent job in the SPL. Particularly the ones who get stuck in to us, would rather that passion was in our team, rather than in the opponents.  I have a few in mind, but am interested in our more knowledgeable posters suggestions.

No need for the flair players like Aribo and Ojo in the mayhem of the SPL and dodgy referees,  just good solid experienced SPL players who won't disappear during the tougher games. 

So looking toward the January window, are there a few players we could bring in from the SPL to add a bit of muscle and consistency toward 55 ?

The problem with most of these players that come up from England on loan is that they are inexperienced players with next to know first team experience and we aren’t a club where a young player can really develop and thrive because of the demands and expectations. 

You can go out to a Hull or Wigan, have one good game in three and do some skill that lands you on the Soccer AM Showboat and that is considered successful because those clubs don’t expect to win every week but it doesn’t wash here. You have to willing to graft and you have to get the job done.

I want us to let the likes of Halliday, Ojo, Flanagan go when contracts expire, move on Grezda and Murphy, sell Docherty. Rossiter will be off the wage bill. Then promote the best in the development/ youths ie Mayo, Patterson, Maxwell who have done well in and around the 1st team squad.  And spend any money we have on permanent players who will improve the 1st team.

Top top end loans like Wilson wont come here, too many of those who will wont improve us.

Most of the players in scotland are shite out with ourselves and the tims. 

We want to progress in Europe's and the hammer throwers up here won't get us there. As always with loans, some will workout, some won't. 

Defoe has done well with the game time he has had. Ojo has no desire or heart , and can't remember who else we have on loan.

30 minutes ago, tannerall said:

With the notable exception of Kent, we've seen a lot of loan players come and go over the last few years, especially from English clubs, many have failed to impress consistently.

I think it i is essential in the short term we bring in a couple of solid permanent back up players in January, who have already done a consistent job in the SPL. Particularly the ones who get stuck in to us, would rather that passion was in our team, rather than in the opponents.  I have a few in mind, but am interested in our more knowledgeable posters suggestions.

No need for the flair players like Aribo and Ojo in the mayhem of the SPL and dodgy referees,  just good solid experienced SPL players who won't disappear during the tougher games. 

So looking toward the January window, are there a few players we could bring in from the SPL to add a bit of muscle and consistency toward 55 ?

I dont think its loan players that are the problem, but the calibre of player we are loaning in the first place.

Without praising celtic, they have brought in guys like Patrick Roberts (had done well at a decent level with Fulham) and more recently Benkovic and the boy from Southampton Elyounoussi, they are all £15m+ players where as we are loaning the likes of Sean Goss, Declan John, Ejaria, Worral, Ojo, Kent etc and of them all Kent is the only one that has shown he could cut it.

As for Aribo, he has shown he will be a top player for me, in 25 games for us he has scored 5 and assisted 5, and he will take some time to settle and adjust to the SPFL. Lets not forget that in one of his first games he got his head burst open by one of the hammer throwers.

Ojo is awful though, I dont like being critical of players too often, but hes one of the worst players I've seen.

The reason they get loaned out is because they are not good enough for the club they are at . We do it too , the ones we loan out are never playing for the club in the future , probably 1 in every hundred bucks the trend.

This will be Ojos 5th loan spell , the guy is a serial failure and will find his level at a lower club when Liverpool find a mug to buy him.........

I honestly don’t get why we don’t use our own young players. I’m very confident we have youth wingers better than ojo and barker, a centre mid that can thrive working with the first team instead off king. I’m not saying start all these young boys but introduce them to the bench, let them want it more and more, because ojo looks like he doesn’t give a shit. 

44 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Most of the players in scotland are shite out with ourselves and the tims. 

We want to progress in Europe's and the hammer throwers up here won't get us there. As always with loans, some will workout, some won't. 

Defoe has done well with the game time he has had. Ojo has no desire or heart , and can't remember who else we have on loan.

If we have to bring in loans it should be in the same bracket as Defoe, experienced footballers coming to the end of their career that have proved over the years they are solid professionals and then they should be as cover only or to let you rotate and rest the first team picks. 

54 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I want us to let the likes of Halliday, Ojo, Flanagan go when contracts expire, move on Grezda and Murphy, sell Docherty. Rossiter will be off the wage bill. Then promote the best in the development/ youths ie Mayo, Patterson, Maxwell who have done well in and around the 1st team squad.  And spend any money we have on permanent players who will improve the 1st team.

Top top end loans like Wilson wont come here, too many of those who will wont improve us.

Development Squad and U18’s are sweeping all before them but for some reason they aren’t good enough to play against the dross of Scottish Football. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Development Squad and U18’s are sweeping all before them but for some reason they aren’t good enough to play against the dross of Scottish Football. 

Must be demoralising desperate for a chance but the likes of Flanagan, Ojo, etc keeping you out the squad let alone team.

2 hours ago, Duncn said:

For me Jamie Murphy is being criminally under used I know he's traditionally a left sided player but should be given a run on the right 

Why do you think he's not?

It's surely impossible that a Jamie Murphy who is standing out in training or bounce games showing he's better than who's ahead of him is not being given a chance. 

We can't afford to give a player ten games to find his fitness and form i.e. Davis and Defoe coming in way off the pace (Davis in particular compared to Defoe) arguably fucked the title challenge last season.

12 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Why do you think he's not?

It's surely impossible that a Jamie Murphy who is standing out in training or bounce games showing he's better than who's ahead of him is not being given a chance. 

We can't afford to give a player ten games to find his fitness and form i.e. Davis and Defoe coming in way off the pace (Davis in particular compared to Defoe) arguably fucked the title challenge last season.

I’d take Murphy on one leg over than useless wank Ojo and Barker

On the subject of young players if the unthinkable happens and we are not in touching distance of them by February then I would start to bed in Nathan Paterson. By all accounts and the little ive seen myself then he is the long term solution for right back. celtic were in a no lose situation for playing young players over the last few years, for example Tierney. They were under no pressure whatsoever in the league, they could afford to lose the odd game here and there and still canter to the title. Youll notice they don't do it now so much and that unfortunately is why it is hard for us to it also.

1 hour ago, MurrayWilson said:

There is no way Murphy is a worse player or would contribute less than ojo. Absolutely no way.

Why's he not playing then? I understand all the speculation around it being in the loan deal that Ojo must play a certain percentage of games but is that confirmed anywhere?

Folk said the same shite about Lee Wallace last season when Barisic was in and out of the team. "He's the best left back at the club etc." when the truth was he was finished. 

Murphy's not standing out in training as being better than those ahead of him otherwise he'd be getting an opportunity surely to fuck.

I want to see us end our Liverpool connection in regards to loans. (it won't happen as long as the gaffer is here) It is clear as day that Ojo has it in his contract he must play X amount of games or else we face a substantial fine. There is no other rational explanation behind it. When Gerrard leaves Defoe, his ex England teammate on the bench when we were chasing a goal last night or Stewart who had everything to prove against an old team or experienced players like Murphy in the stands then it becomes quite obvious as to why because Gerrard knows too much about the game for it to be anything else.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I want to see us end our Liverpool connection in regards to loans. (it won't happen as long as the gaffer is here) It is clear as day that Ojo has it in his contract he must play X amount of games or else we face a substantial fine. There is no other rational explanation behind it. When Gerrard leaves Defoe, his ex England teammate on the bench when we were chasing a goal last night or Stewart who had everything to prove against an old team or experienced players like Murphy in the stands then it becomes quite obvious as to why because Gerrard knows too much about the game for it to be anything else.

Stewart was definitely the sub for me ahead of Ojo for multiple reasons, but has anyone put the question about Ojo's loan deal to Gerrard? He's been asked some ridiculous questions at times in the press conferences you'd think some cunt would want to stir things by asking this 

11 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Why's he not playing then? I understand all the speculation around it being in the loan deal that Ojo must play a certain percentage of games but is that confirmed anywhere?

Folk said the same shite about Lee Wallace last season when Barisic was in and out of the team. "He's the best left back at the club etc." when the truth was he was finished. 

Murphy's not standing out in training as being better than those ahead of him otherwise he'd be getting an opportunity surely to fuck.

I reckon its got be more than speculation about ojos loan deal, it wont be confirmed anywhere cos the club would never own up to it. 

Using the loan market is fine and it can work 

However we cannot afford to have silly clauses where certain players need to play. Ojo couldn’t lace anyone in our youth teams boots yet he’s featuring in every game for the first team 

Another lesson Gerrard hasn’t learned from last years Worrall episode 

7 hours ago, Del said:

I dont think its loan players that are the problem, but the calibre of player we are loaning in the first place.

Without praising celtic, they have brought in guys like Patrick Roberts (had done well at a decent level with Fulham) and more recently Benkovic and the boy from Southampton Elyounoussi, they are all £15m+ players where as we are loaning the likes of Sean Goss, Declan John, Ejaria, Worral, Ojo, Kent etc and of them all Kent is the only one that has shown he could cut it.

As for Aribo, he has shown he will be a top player for me, in 25 games for us he has scored 5 and assisted 5, and he will take some time to settle and adjust to the SPFL. Lets not forget that in one of his first games he got his head burst open by one of the hammer throwers.

Ojo is awful though, I dont like being critical of players too often, but hes one of the worst players I've seen.

Aribo and Ojo have virtually the same stats this season yet Ojo gets fucking slated.

4 minutes ago, fernando0606 said:

Aribo and Ojo have virtually the same stats this season yet Ojo gets fucking slated.

Aribo was instrumental in Arfield's goal last night yet he won't get on the stat sheet. Try watching games instead of reading about them.

Archived