Defeatists

Stunels

Seen a lot of people moaning about the manner of our Draw last night.  Granted we did shit the bed and give away a 2 goal lead, a frustrating way to drop 2 points.

But people are attacking our team's character, ability, drive etc without mercy.  A shitty result on a shitty night in Pittrodrie doesn't define the team.  

I'm not saying I'm not pissed off about the result, and there are certain individuals who I hold responsible for the lack of effort in the second half.  But Rangers aren't a heartless, defeated side like some of you seem to think.

We are most likely going to qualify for Europa after a very hard string of games.  We are still pushing for the league big time.  We have a cup final at the weekend.  

Stop acting like the world is ending after one shitty result and grow up.  This cup final is well within our ability, and acting like a bunch of defeatists isn't going to do anything to help us win it.

/rant

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once the team prove, just once that they are capable of stepping up when it really matters, the fans have every right to question the mentality. 

Acting pure blind to constant false dawns all the time doesn’t help anyone. 

1 minute ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Could have just went in 1 of the other threads 

Just now, Geo17 said:

Seen a lot of people starting the exact same thread. If you're gonny moan about cunts moaning just do it in the other thread. No point in this shite again.

Apologies for that but I wanted to say my piece and the other threads are being drowned out by folk winging and moaning.

last season a couple of bad performances at this time of year effectively killed our season, we  could have got out the uefa group stages and didn't we fell away in the league etc - it's perfectly reasonable to question the character of a team who throw away a two goal lead (which would have put us top of the league)  and get outfought by a shite aberdeen side on the eve of the biggest game for seasons!

2 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

last season a couple of bad performances at this time of year effectively killed our season, we  could have got out the uefa group stages and didn't we fell away in the league etc - it's perfectly reasonable to question the character of a team who throw away a two goal lead (which would have put us top of the league)  and get outfought by a shite aberdeen side on the eve of the biggest game for seasons!

It's reasonable to question the character, yes.  I'd say many of the comments go far beyond that.  Needlessly negative and achieving nothing but bringing all our spirits down before Sunday.  Why put ourselves through it when we all know the result was dire?

1 minute ago, Stunels said:

It's reasonable to question the character, yes.  I'd say many of the comments go far beyond that.  Needlessly negative and achieving nothing but bringing all our spirits down before Sunday.  Why put ourselves through it when we all know the result was dire?

It's kinda the point in a discussion forum?

Fine to have differing opinions discussed, the problem is, the performance last night has put serious question marks against the players before sunday, people calling that aren't bringing spirits down - the players haven't shown us enough to have high spirits going into this game imo

Call it defeatism if you want, its more likely realism. No wonder people cant trust this team. Every single time the pressure starts to build they blow it, every time without fail. Its clear that its not only lack of ability more a question of strength of character. Just for example we have a captain who does nothing in the traditional sense that a captain does. Not picking on Tav, I thought he was ok last night, but in games like last night you need youre captain to show leadership, gerrard said himself his leaders let him down. That's the problem , we have no real leaders. Say what you like about scott browns limitations as a footballer but in games like last night he stands up to the mark as a captain, and I hate saying that.

17 minutes ago, Stunels said:

Seen a lot of people moaning about the manner of our Draw last night.  Granted we did shit the bed and give away a 2 goal lead, a frustrating way to drop 2 points.

But people are attacking our team's character, ability, drive etc without mercy.  A shitty result on a shitty night in Pittrodrie doesn't define the team.  

I'm not saying I'm not pissed off about the result, and there are certain individuals who I hold responsible for the lack of effort in the second half.  But Rangers aren't a heartless, defeated side like some of you seem to think.

We are most likely going to qualify for Europa after a very hard string of games.  We are still pushing for the league big time.  We have a cup final at the weekend.  

Stop acting like the world is ending after one shitty result and grow up.  This cup final is well within our ability, and acting like a bunch of defeatists isn't going to do anything to help us win it.

/rant

We have not won anything since 2010/11 and since then the likes of St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Inverness have won silverware despite us having a budget way in excess of any of them. So until the team overcome that its right that their "bottle" or mental attitude are questioned whenever they drop points when the league is close or when their is a cup at stake.

Archived