Defeatists

Stunels

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stunels said:

Seen a lot of people moaning about the manner of our Draw last night.  Granted we did shit the bed and give away a 2 goal lead, a frustrating way to drop 2 points.

But people are attacking our team's character, ability, drive etc without mercy.  A shitty result on a shitty night in Pittrodrie doesn't define the team.  

I'm not saying I'm not pissed off about the result, and there are certain individuals who I hold responsible for the lack of effort in the second half.  But Rangers aren't a heartless, defeated side like some of you seem to think.

We are most likely going to qualify for Europa after a very hard string of games.  We are still pushing for the league big time.  We have a cup final at the weekend.  

Stop acting like the world is ending after one shitty result and grow up.  This cup final is well within our ability, and acting like a bunch of defeatists isn't going to do anything to help us win it.

/rant

That performancd is not new and we all know the repeat offenders, including the gaffer.

Defeatist most certainly and they are all in the team!

58 minutes ago, Stunels said:

Seen a lot of people moaning about the manner of our Draw last night.  Granted we did shit the bed and give away a 2 goal lead, a frustrating way to drop 2 points.

But people are attacking our team's character, ability, drive etc without mercy.  A shitty result on a shitty night in Pittrodrie doesn't define the team.  

I'm not saying I'm not pissed off about the result, and there are certain individuals who I hold responsible for the lack of effort in the second half.  But Rangers aren't a heartless, defeated side like some of you seem to think.

We are most likely going to qualify for Europa after a very hard string of games.  We are still pushing for the league big time.  We have a cup final at the weekend.  

Stop acting like the world is ending after one shitty result and grow up.  This cup final is well within our ability, and acting like a bunch of defeatists isn't going to do anything to help us win it.

/rant

Fuck off. You said it yourself we completely shat it. Our own manager has said it looked like we struggled to handle the pressure. That's a damming thing to say about any Rangers squad.

We ain't win anything in a long time Sunday is huge for everyone connected with the club.

Failure isn't a option at Rangers ever.

As many have said it makes Sunday all the more crucial.

Beat the scum and win the first top flight trophy since 2011 and prove that the team can handle the pressure and do have what it takes to win.

Lose and the players start to accept it which of course is not acceptable.

Its weird saying it about a league cup final but it really is make or break time.

5 minutes ago, JC10 said:

We are quick enough to praise them after good results, don't see why we can't criticise them for giving away a 2 goal lead to a dire Aberdeen side.

Maybe I'm always middle of the road but I don't tend to go crazy after good results either - a result like yesterday is always around the corner to make you look like an idiot...

I watched the Steven Gerrard doc on Netflix and he said he started to worry that he was going to be the captain that never won anything (major).

I have that same fear with Tav but I hope he proves me badly wrong this season and that starts on Sunday.

58 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

People are allowed to be angry and upset about the result the team switched  off no doubt if we get beat on Sunday the party line will be 

"Ah well at least we got a day oot at hampden"

We lose on Sunday any cunt coming out with that shite needs plugged. 

Fuck off. we were shite and if this is the way we play then it's simply not good enough.

could've closed the goal difference down and went top of the table. could've ended with the same points and same goal difference.

now we're 2 points behind. the team + gerrard deserve all they get. 

34 minutes ago, JC10 said:

We are quick enough to praise them after good results, don't see why we can't criticise them for giving away a 2 goal lead to a dire Aberdeen side.

I agree mate the side deserves criticism when they play as badly as last night. Dropping 2 goal lead is unacceptable. 

I draw the line but at folks throwing in the towel before a ball is kicked in the cup final and handing over the league. 

Really hoping last night is a boot up the arse leading to a big performance at the weekend. 

I love your optimism @Stunelsbut they were the two worst goals conceded this year and the signs were there that they were coming. If that trend continues on Sunday & next Thursday then my world has ended.

In saying that, I do believe we step up and win on Sunday but if we do, it will have to be an error-free performance by everyone.

11 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I agree mate the side deserves criticism when they play as badly as last night. Dropping 2 goal lead is unacceptable. 

I draw the line but at folks throwing in the towel before a ball is kicked in the cup final and handing over the league. 

Really hoping last night is a boot up the arse leading to a big performance at the weekend. 

Criticism is absolutely fine when it’s warranted, and after last night it is, but when that criticism goes over the top and ventures into the ridiculous then it’s hard to take the people doing it seriously.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I love your optimism @Stunelsbut they were the two worst goals conceded this year and the signs were there that they were coming. If that trend continues on Sunday & next Thursday then my world has ended.

In saying that, I do believe we step up and win on Sunday but if we do, it will have to be an error-free performance by everyone.

I agree, I was never making excuses for how we played last night - the goals we lost were shambolic.  

My main point was that universal negativity is a horrific way to enter an old firm.  I reckon we have it in us to win as well, although defensive mistakes have been costing us all season in the tougher games.

It will be interesting to see if Gerrard makes any changes to the centre back and admits that Goldson/Helander were poor or if he sticks with them and tries to brush last night off as a one off fuck up.

2 minutes ago, Stunels said:

I agree, I was never making excuses for how we played last night - the goals we lost were shambolic.  

My main point was that universal negativity is a horrific way to enter an old firm.  I reckon we have it in us to win as well, although defensive mistakes have been costing us all season in the tougher games.

It will be interesting to see if Gerrard makes any changes to the centre back and admits that Goldson/Helander were poor or if he sticks with them and tries to brush last night off as a one off fuck up.

If they don't score an injury time winner last night then their forum is in a meltdown and ours is slightly less negative. It is how Glasgow rolls......

2 hours ago, Stunels said:

/rant

I think we still have a lot to prove, but I prefer to stay positive and I agree that last night does not accurately represent where we are. 

In light of your thread title "defeatists" the thing I take issue with is the amount of posts saying we're going to get beat on Sunday. Fuck that, the game is there to be won

1 hour ago, sRcFoCt said:

People are allowed to be angry and upset about the result the team switched  off no doubt if we get beat on Sunday the party line will be 

"Ah well at least we got a day oot at hampden"

“Improving because we only got to the semis last year.”

Archived