Tav : Cup Final Press Conference

Virtuoso

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

The captains are required to do it for the final

Ah , got you. 👍

2 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

I always thought the opposite mate

So did I, what brought it to my attention was someone on here saying ( cant remember who ) is starting , because he did the interview before a game , but whoever it was didnt , and since then it's happened a few times including Barisic before the sheep game . 

Probably never happen again now I've mentioned it :lol:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Ah , got you. 👍

So did I, what brought it to my attention was someone on here saying ( cant remember who ) is starting , because he did the interview before a game , but whoever it was didnt , and since then it's happened a few times including Barisic before the sheep game . 

Probably never happen again now I've mentioned it :lol:

We’ll see :lol:

Not exactly on a par with Martin Luther King in regard to public speaking,  but I found very little fault in the content,  press conferences don't matter a jot, its whether we as a team perform on the day we need  6 or 7 players to be 7 or 8 out of 10 & a couple of 9,should do the trick. 

3 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

They say that if you haven't got anything good to say then say nothing.

But that was probably the most boring, deflating interview I have witnessed, by anyone... 

That's not a positive review, should have kept it to yourself mate 😂

He answered every question the same way with the word 'obviously' twice in every sentence. I really can't wait to see him hoist the trophy over his head but fuck me, that was uninspiring. He is never a captain in his demeanour nor by example in performances this season. However, I still think we win on Sunday.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He answered every question the same way with the word 'obviously' twice in every sentence. I really can't wait to see him hoist the trophy over his head but fuck me, that was uninspiring. He is never a captain in his demeanour nor by example in performances this season. However, I still think we win on Sunday.

👍

Hugely lacking in whats required of a Rangers captain, we are sadly missing the born and bred Ranger, not even davis or jack, i mean Barry Ferguson type, who was the last proper bear to captain the team.  Even Lee wallace represented us better.

As aid before, if gerrard starts aribo or ojo, even both then its game over, both them were rabbits in headlights at Ibrox in September, Gerrard only gets to make mistakes a few times, dont want another season of whats ifs....

Missing a modern day Ian Ferguson, say it how it is, fuck the tarriers, fk there support and fk the pope too for good measure, changes days and modern fitba wi teams full of players who dont get it,  Id take a walter smith performance anyday for victory

4 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Hugely lacking in whats required of a Rangers captain, we are sadly missing the born and bred Ranger, not even davis or jack, i mean Barry Ferguson type, who was the last proper bear to captain the team.  Even Lee wallace represented us better.

As aid before, if gerrard starts aribo or ojo, even both then its game over, both them were rabbits in headlights at Ibrox in September, Gerrard only gets to make mistakes a few times, dont want another season of whats ifs....

Missing a modern day Ian Ferguson, say it how it is, fuck the tarriers, fk there support and fk the pope too for good measure, changes days and modern fitba wi teams full of players who dont get it,  Id take a walter smith performance anyday for victory

Gerrard needs to man up here. Ojo is a man down, he's actually worse than a man short as you expect him to participate.

8 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Gerrard needs to man up here. Ojo is a man down, he's actually worse than a man short as you expect him to participate.

Gerrard needs to tell the truth first, suprised the media have not grilled him over ojo, when its all over the www or social media for the media to pick up on what the Rangers support think of his inclusion and being shoe horned into matchday 18 or even worse first 11s

Most footballers are shite at press conferences. Big names like Kane, Beckham, Terry, Rooney etc come across quite awkward and timid too at times. Even the tarrier cunt speaks like a wee boy when he's getting interviewed. Press conferences are always difficult. Also say something positive like Ojo for example has done in the past (saying we are better than them) and he gets slagged,  say nothing, get slagged, look defeated get slagged. All that matters is what happens on the pitch.

It's not just footballers either, politicians, actors, tv presenters etc find it difficult to do public speaking. Even doing it in work is a bit of a ball ache. However, how players act in front of the camera and how they act behind the scenes are generally two different things.

I get it's not overly inspiring but all that matters is we win on Sunday.

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Most footballers are shite at press conferences. Big names like Kane, Beckham, Terry, Rooney etc come across quite awkward and timid too at times. Even the tarrier cunt speaks like a wee boy when he's getting interviewed. Press conferences are always difficult. Also say something positive like Ojo for example has done in the past (saying we are better them) and he gets slagged,  say nothing, get slagged, look defeated get slagged. All that matters is what happens on the pitch.

It's not just footballers either, politicians, actors, tv presenters etc find it difficult to do public speaking. Even doing it in work is a bit of a ball ache. However, how players act in front of the camera and how they act behind the scenes are generally two different things.

I get it's not overly inspiring but all that matters is we win on Sunday.

:tu:

Well said mate ..... and had he managed to clear his lines on Wednesday he would be a fucking hero today ..... emotional hangovers are what we are seeing in this thread ..... and that is understandable ...... but most ranting  against Tav are historical ones when it comes to him personally.

I hope Tav plays a blinder on Sunday and lifts the trophy for us  .... and gets a bit of praise instead of being ridiculed for not being a star at press conferences .... or having the ability to "inspire" posters to believe we will win on Sunday.

For all his perceived "faults" ....  he is still the Captain of The Rangers .... and you can have your entitled opinion on him for his on field performances .... but he is still our Captain and should not be ridiculed on a personal basis.

🇬🇧

Archived