Sign in to follow this  
Robmc1

Willie Collum

He will have an impact in some way upon the game, with at least one controversial decision, of that I am sure.

The only question is who benefits from it. 

Heard he went to a refereeing course at the SFA when he was still at school ... I mean what sort of kid want's to be a referee! :britney:. Apparently some of the adult apprentice referees put him head first into a hedge because he was such a little squirt so I suppose some things never change :lol:

Broxi95 and Robmc1 like this

I think it's too difficult to generalise, people just react to things in different ways.

It's that difference that makes winners or losers, we'll see what we have tomorrow.

Just now, Dickie said:

He is just one of a long list of pish poor Scottish refs.

I've never bought into referees being biased, I just think like you say the standard is shite.

I wonder if there's any added difficulty refereeing our games,  a lot of them are relatively fast paced and the players tend to be well motivated and in your face. Obviously there's a lot of times when teams sit back, but when teams aren't it must be challenging seeing through the mess, It's not really a beautiful game up here.

2nd Flute likes this

13 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

I've never bought into referees being biased, I just think like you say the standard is shite.

I wonder if there's any added difficulty refereeing our games,  a lot of them are relatively fast paced and the players tend to be well motivated and in your face. Obviously there's a lot of times when teams sit back, but when teams aren't it must be challenging seeing through the mess, It's not really a beautiful game up here.

You'd think when the elbowing, and kicking starts, the training would kick in, (pardon the pun) but no, so you wonder what videos they watch while training? Muy thai boxing perhaps?

Blueteeth likes this

We win no matter how bad or biased the ref is. Play to our capability, we win.

However, I Would say we are rather timid at controversial decisions. Time we let the referee know what is coming his way if trying to cheat us AND our players start backing up our own who are being targetted by the hammer throwers.

21 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Collum isn’t biased, but he’s the best example you’ll find of a ‘guesser’ in professional refereeing. Mind when he gave Broadfoot a dodgy penalty and the replay showed he wasn’t even looking? :lol: 

That penalty when he was looking but tarriers claimed he wasnt 

Screenshot_20191207-184944_Samsung Internet.jpg

dougie76, BlueThunder and Bears like this

21 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Collum isn’t biased, but he’s the best example you’ll find of a ‘guesser’ in professional refereeing. Mind when he gave Broadfoot a dodgy penalty and the replay showed he wasn’t even looking? :lol: 

Always remember the Pen he gave against us for a foul 10 yards outside the box. 

2 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

Heard he went to a refereeing course at the SFA when he was still at school ... I mean what sort of kid want's to be a referee! :britney:. Apparently some of the adult apprentice referees put him head first into a hedge because he was such a little squirt so I suppose some things never change :lol:

I remember he was a referee in an amateur game I played in 20 years ago and he was a total cunt, he must've booked about 10 folk and sent 2 off.  Back then he was being fast tracked to the big time. 

Thermopylae likes this

Wee collum will try to influence this game make no mistake he's been taught by the vaticans stormtroopers in every dirty trick in the book, he comes under the the jesuit schooling of give us the child till he's seven and we'll give you the man. His tribe were the original asbo mhob, now they've made him acceptably respectable with a badge. We need to be on top of our game and aggressive to combat their twelve men. Funnily enough I feel confident.

Unionblue and Bobby Hume like this

33 minutes ago, JamieD said:

He's an absolute nutter but not biased, and has given some mad decisions our way over the years.

Ok, I am going fucking senile, please remind me of those decisions