Tavernier

Essandoh

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

So you're calling the manager a liar?

Yeah, apparently after the game Gerrard got them all in the dressing room and everyone agreed to make up a lie that Morelos was on the penalties.  Non-disclosure agreements handed out to the first-team which they all had to sign in order to suppress the truth from ever coming out.  Maybe a few acting classes squeezed in before the post match press conferences to ensure they we’re convincing when talking to the press.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, gogzy said:

So you're calling the manager a liar?

I'm saying he protected Tav if you want to call him a liar that's up to you but a bit childish. I have watched the interviews on RTV and it was still Tavs choice.

There was never any time when it was stated pre-match or in interviews I have seen that said Tav was off Penalties and Morelos was the penalty kick taker. 

If you have some stating that pre match post them up.

16 minutes ago, Smile said:

I'm saying he protected Tav if you want to call him a liar that's up to you but a bit childish. I have watched the interviews on RTV and it was still Tavs choice.

There was never any time when it was stated pre-match or in interviews I have seen that said Tav was off Penalties and Morelos was the penalty kick taker. 

Gerrard was quoted weeks ago saying he wouldn't reveal who his penalty taker was.

There are plenty of things to blame for yesterday. Poor finishing, stinking luck and the four blind bastards that were officiating. The one person who wasn’t to blame is James Tavernier. In my opinion he had a great game ,and you could see at his after match interview that he was gutted. I’ve criticised him in the past but he gave his all yesterday’. And another thing, they are fucking shite and we should at least realise that from yesterday. There’s fuck all to fear there and I hope we remember that at the end of the month. Fuck the lot of them. 

Never took a penalty in my life in a competitive game and defo wouldn't have volunteered to take that one yesterday but it's something we need sorted and quickly.

Having talked to keepers over the years,the consensus seems to be that keepers hate lefties taking pens???

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Some of his open play crosses were excellent, corners were good deliveries on the whole too. And no issues with his defending. He did well.

100%. Hope he keeps t up & gets cunts like me off his back.

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Some of his open play crosses were excellent, corners were good deliveries on the whole too. And no issues with his defending. He did well.

You and me had an argument about Tav the other day idk if you remember.

Just wanted to say I agree with what youve said here, I think he had a good game overall and proved me wrong in some ways.

My biggest criticism was that there wasnt enough variation with the corners and we should be scoring from atleast one of them (dont know if its Tav or management whos more to blame for that tho).

14 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

3 or 4 balsl he flashed in to their front post and the only player in the box was Morelos.

40 minutes ago, Smile said:

No, fuck that, you won't play that game with me smile.

By "protecting Tav" he had to be lying, so you are calling him a liar.

Don't try and spin that shit onto me, that pish doesn't work with me.

11 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I think he is doing what any good manager would do in that situation and protecting the player, this is only my opinion agreements optional.

I think Tav seeing Morelos struggling in front of goal wanted to give him a lift it didn't work out, Gerrard knew how it would pan out for Tav doing this and did what any decent manager would.

This is my opinion. Why are posters so pretend offended by this point I don't get it.

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The scum keeper leathered the ball to fuck. It or a replacement one was spotted over at the far touchline. Tav retrieved it and brought it to Morelos who was waiting on the spot whilst their player slowly trudged off.

There was no obvious discussion/ debate / argument that would suggest anything other than it being pre arranged for Morelos as taker. TV pics didnt show much of this.

I just found it strange that he basically went all the way to the penalty spot rather than throw the ball to him if it was pre arranged. Was it just coincidence that Tav got the ball or was it that he was getting it coz he planned on initially taking it?? 

As I said there was part of me that wanted morelos to hit the penalty but looking back maybe changing penalty takers on such a big occasion against our biggest rivals wasn't the best idea. 

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

I agree with you, but you'll need calm doon ffs.

It's becoming obvious I'm the only voice of reason on here.

:innocent:

:mutley:

14 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I just found it strange that he basically went all the way to the penalty spot rather than throw the ball to him if it was pre arranged. Was it just coincidence that Tav got the ball or was it that he was getting it coz he planned on initially taking it?? 

As I said there was part of me that wanted morelos to hit the penalty but looking back maybe changing penalty takers on such a big occasion against our biggest rivals wasn't the best idea. 

Hands him the ball and says "hit the fucking target"? Its what I'd do.

This isn't purely down to yesterday, but I think this would just be a better solution for everyone.

Tav needs replaced as Captain. 

Gerrard needs to make that call, he isn't a leader and doesn't inspire. 

Ryan Jack all day long for me.

39 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

It was.  I think he just hit and hoped.   Needs to add a bit of composure to his game.

I said weeks ago when people on here were wanting Tav taken off pens and them given to Morelos that there’s nothing to suggest he’s a penalty taker and yesterday proved it. Taking a penalty is as much about mentality as ability and as much as I love Alfredo I don’t think he’ll ever be that type of player to take a pen in a big game, he’s emotional and that makes him the player he is but certainly not a penalty taker.

The real question is who’s the man to take them, Tav has shown he doesn’t have the confidence at the moment, maybe Barasic or Jack?

7 hours ago, jbm26896 said:

Tav was up against a winger that cost around 12million and didnt give him a kick.

Not seeing much praise for him on here.

He was one of our best players in the game.

If the man tav was up against was any good he wouldnt be loaned out to the tarriers ffs

Tav played well, but lets not pretend he kept messi quiet lol

4 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

I said weeks ago when people on here were wanting Tav taken off pens and them given to Morelos that there’s nothing to suggest he’s a penalty taker and yesterday proved it. Taking a penalty is as much about mentality as ability and as much as I love Alfredo I don’t think he’ll ever be that type of player to take a pen in a big game, he’s emotional and that makes him the player he is but certainly not a penalty taker.

The real question is who’s the man to take them, Tav has shown he doesn’t have the confidence at the moment, maybe Barasic or Jack?

I'm not convinced Barisic has the bottle. My decision would be Arfield.

7 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Cant believe tav is getting criticism 

Some folk just have an agenda against him. 

They claim ‘I’ll be delighted if he proves me wrong’, but they won’t. 

Even when he plays really well folk just make up pish, like the penalty yesterday. They’d rather believe Gerrard and Tav both quickly got together and sorted out this imaginary lie to protect Tav, in the aftermath of the game yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Some folk just have an agenda against him. 

They claim ‘I’ll be delighted if he proves me wrong’, but they won’t. 

Even when he plays really well folk just make up pish, like the penalty yesterday. They’d rather believe Gerrard and Tav both quickly got together and sorted out this imaginary lie to protect Tav, in the aftermath of the game yesterday. 

Morelos immediately went to the penalty spot as he was expecting to get the ball.

Archived