Tavernier

Essandoh

Just now, bluenoz said:

If you compare our two full backs today, one is taking on men down the wing and putting in countless crosses, the other is just not doing a whole lot. I wouldn't say he was poor today but he is not putting in performances of two years ago. He has been average for far too long now. Great athlete, bang average football player.

Yes he got an assist but his first corner went out for a goal kick. If you take enough corners you are bound to get a few assists. Glad to see he has been removed from direct free kicks. Iannis or Borna from here on.

That's the important part for me. Youre right, he isn't and if anything he is a victim of his own success. But he is bursting his arse out there. He was defending as well as getting into the box to support strikers and supported the midfield.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

That's the important part for me. Youre right, he isn't and if anything he is a victim of his own success. But he is bursting his arse out there. He was defending as well as getting into the box to support strikers and supported the midfield.

As a person, I like him and would love nothing more than to see him raise a trophy above his head. He certainly divides our support and frustrates me at times.

(btw mate, I though Jack played well today - a different thread)

Just now, bluenoz said:

As a person, I like him and would love nothing more than to see him raise a trophy above his head. He certainly divides our support and frustrates me at times.

(btw mate, I though Jack played well today - a different thread)

I thought Jack was ok. Similar to Tav, not as good as last season but definitely not poor and definitely not worthy of people saying he is shite etc. Still think Tav could do with a lot fewer responsibilities, off pens and set pieces etc but he never misses a game and always bursts his arse. 

16 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Him and his big pal Goldson are the absolute fear, Goldson more so today. 

Goldson has that in him, but I think he has been brilliant since we returned. Think he gets a lot of stick, sometimes rightly so, but he does the basics defending very well and is our most comfortable defender coming forward with the ball.

12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If you compare our two full backs today, one is taking on men down the wing and putting in countless crosses, the other is just not doing a whole lot. I wouldn't say he was poor today but he is not putting in performances of two years ago. He has been average for far too long now. Great athlete, bang average football player.

Yes he got an assist but his first corner went out for a goal kick. If you take enough corners you are bound to get a few assists. Glad to see he has been removed from direct free kicks. Iannis or Borna from here on.

Borna all the way for free kicks.

21 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Him and his big pal Goldson are the absolute fear, Goldson more so today. 

What the fuck are you watching? Goldson hasn't put a foot wrong all year and has brought the best out in three different defensive partners.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

What the fuck are you watching? Goldson hasn't put a foot wrong all year and has brought the best out in three different defensive partners.

Had another one of his famous brainfarts in the 2nd half, thinking he's Maldini trying to turn cunts. 

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Had another one of his famous brainfarts in the 2nd half, thinking he's Maldini trying to turn cunts. 

He just can't help himself sometimes. Compare with Balogun who has played one slightly slack pass over 2 games and has looked completely composed and strolled through both games. I don't think he's even comitted a foul yet. 

11 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Goldson has that in him, but I think he has been brilliant since we returned. Think he gets a lot of stick, sometimes rightly so, but he does the basics defending very well and is our most comfortable defender coming forward with the ball.

Each to their own mate. 

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Goldson has been doing well recently. 

We've conceded like 1 goal in maybe half a 6/7 games including high profile friendlies with him a lynchpin at the back - that's exceptional.

Noticed the usual posters posting the usual anti Tav nonsense.

Played well today, 

0 goals lost in 2 games , so we cannot blame him for that, so he now cannot attack or cross so going forward hes poor.

This place is embarrassing as a Rangers fans site at times.

You got to love this place sometimes .We win convincingly today with as good a win as we’ve seen for some time .The scum drop points .And still some arguing the toss over something or other from today 😂

I just had a glass of dead mans fingers to celebrate a great week .

1 minute ago, KBOO72 said:

He just can't help himself sometimes. Compare with Balogun who has played one slightly slack pass over 2 games and has looked completely composed and strolled through both games. I don't think he's even comitted a foul yet. 

The big man  is a terrific defender and reader of the game but he had at least 2 moments, one in each half, where he was fannying about with posession that could have cost us. Can't use that as a stick to beat Goldson with  he was dodgy for it himself. 

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You guys are tough on him.

Not really. Balogun bailed him and Tav out in the first half then Obika took the ball off him almost on the edge of the box in the second half. A more intelligent quicker striker is in our box within a couple of seconds due to constant dilly dallying and being well out of position 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You guys are tough on him.

If he cut out fannying about on the ball I wouldn't have a problem with him tbh. 

He makes absolutely braindead decisions at least once every couple of games and it's going to cost us eventually. 

Archived