Priorities in January

NorthernLights

I think this game showed what it is we need to go from a good team to a great team. 

We badly need a right winger because nobody in the squad can play there whether you’re pushing Arfield or Aribo out or whether you’re trying to force Ojo to be good enough. Barker plays mainly on the left but has no positive attributes at all. Can’t dribble, pass, cross, shoot and is weak as piss. I don’t have the answer but we need somebody who is at least competent because the only time we create chances down the right is when Tav is doing it and he’s been a mixed bag. 

I also think that we need a proper attacking midfielder. Don’t know why we bothered bringing King in but both Arfield and Aribo wait for things to happen in front of them and when teams sit back they don’t have the creativity to unlock them. When we are playing well they can definitely be assets but they’re both a little one-paced. 

I actually think the rest of the squad is pretty much set even if they didn’t quite get it right today. Depth at most positions but we are front runners who work hard and keep going. Sometimes you need something a bit different. 

What would you be focusing on in order to bring the league home?

6 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

If Jones wasn't so stupid and got himself injured we would have had a better option with him on the left and Kent on the right.

Even if he was fit though I still think we should be hoping for better than Jones. He’s what we’re using Barker as. Come on late and try to give a spark. Shouldn’t be starting every week. 

7 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

I felt like Stewart instead of Barker would have been more sensible.  We needed someone with a bit of smarts,  they were never going to leave enough space for Barker to use his pace.

I would have put Stewart on before Aribo, Aribo is clueless and never seems to know where he should be or what his role in the team is.

16 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I think this game showed what it is we need to go from a good team to a great team. 

We badly need a right winger because nobody in the squad can play there whether you’re pushing Arfield or Aribo out or whether you’re trying to force Ojo to be good enough. Barker plays mainly on the left but has no positive attributes at all. Can’t dribble, pass, cross, shoot and is weak as piss. I don’t have the answer but we need somebody who is at least competent because the only time we create chances down the right is when Tav is doing it and he’s been a mixed bag. 

I also think that we need a proper attacking midfielder. Don’t know why we bothered bringing King in but both Arfield and Aribo wait for things to happen in front of them and when teams sit back they don’t have the creativity to unlock them. When we are playing well they can definitely be assets but they’re both a little one-paced. 

I actually think the rest of the squad is pretty much set even if they didn’t quite get it right today. Depth at most positions but we are front runners who work hard and keep going. Sometimes you need something a bit different. 

What would you be focusing on in order to bring the league home?

We need full backs to give us an option, having one choice in either position limits us. We should have people challenging for every position.

A domineering CH . 

We lack a presence at the back and when you consider the amount of corners we get , not just today , who actually believes one of our CH's will come up and score from one , because I don't . 

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

A domineering CH . 

We lack a presence at the back and when you consider the amount of corners we get , not just today , who actually believes one of our CH's will come up and score from one , because I don't . 

We have one, he just sits on the bench every week.

A right sided attacker and a quality attacking midfielder. Today's a tough one to take obviously but we aren't far away. 

It might be a player or 2 that takes us to the next level and if we can take that step we'll be fine. 

I don't want to turn this into another Tav argument, but I'd love to see us sign a real leader for this team aswell, a winner, a driving force that I feel like we are missing. Clearly they aren't easy to find and won't be cheap but it could make a massive difference to us moving forward. 

A quality right winger who can score goals is the highest priority.  We lack a cutting edge from that side of the pitch.  Brown man marked Ryan Kent today and they’ll get away with that if we don’t have a threat from the other side.  The manager has obviously given up with Ojo and Arfield our there and is now shoehorning Aribo in.  Aribo needs to be played in central midfield where he belongs.  Ojo can go back to Liverpool.

Just now, KingKaiJohansen said:

Good response, you've really changed my mind. 

Eduoard would have been sitting on the bench laughing at his performance.

Aye so we should sell our leading goal scorer when the league is far from over. Fucking genius, and who gives a fuck about the French cunt.

Archived