If we play that well for the rest of the season - we win the league

TopCat

3 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

So you are cherry picking games where we dropped points to question our mentality? I guess the games we didn’t drop points in weren’t deemed important enough?

Our best league start in how long?

This season has gone fine apart from the last two games, and frankly the Aberdeen match was the most concerning. 
I hope we get a result against YB, otherwise you’ll probably want Gerrard sacked.

No i chose games where the expectation was higher, the pressure on the team was greater 

Hearts away, we had went top of the league, oir chance to stay there, we blew it

Sheep away, start of a massive week in the season, we blew it

Tarriers at home, chance to lay down a marker, show that we are better than them, we blew it

Today game...... 

Do you see a pattern forming here, scudding the worst hearts team in a decade at ibrox is one thing, and the team have played well for most of the season, however to me it feels like everytime a game has more than normal pressure in it, we choke

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No i chose games where the expectation was higher, the pressure on the team was greater 

Hearts away, we had went top of the league, oir chance to stay there, we blew it

Sheep away, start of a massive week in the season, we blew it

Tarriers at home, chance to lay down a marker, show that we are better than them, we blew it

Today game...... 

Do you see a pattern forming here, scudding the worst hearts team in a decade at ibrox is one thing, and the team have played well for most of the season, however to me it feels like everytime a game has more than normal pressure in it, we choke

Taigs 1-0 at new year is the only high pressure game we’ve won

34 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Taigs 1-0 at new year is the only high pressure game we’ve won

We've won other big games, it just seems like when its a big game that we need to win or are expected to win, we choke, and its fucking soul destroying knowing that its a mental thing as the ability is there

14 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We've won other big games, it just seems like when its a big game that we need to win or are expected to win, we choke, and its fucking soul destroying knowing that its a mental thing as the ability is there

I’m not including Europe in that statement. Domestically we have been well under par imo 

25 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Was we expected to win that game yesterday?

Bookies had the papes clear favourites as did this forum on Wednesday night (myself included based on the same CB pairings playing again) we were in a final against the team who had domestically won the last 9 trophies on the bounce.....where exactly in all that were we expected to win this game?

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

Bookies had the papes clear favourites as did this forum on Wednesday night (myself included based on the same CB pairings playing again) we were in a final against the team who had domestically won the last 9 trophies on the bounce.....where exactly in all that were we expected to win this game?

He said ‘a big game that we need to win’ as well as ones we are expected to win. Yesterday clearly comes under the heading of need to win. 

11 hours ago, bam74 said:

plus they might actually play with a recognised striker from the start at Parkhead.  Don't kid yourself that they will be that shite again.  We blew a golden opportunity today

Their star players didn't do fuck all at Ibrox or yesterday. 

So we dominated yesterday, so what? We’ve always agreed that the result is all that matters. 
If anything good comes from yesterday it will be the biggest reaction we have ever managed - to get through on Thursday and go on a sustained run of wins including the Dec 29th game until we go top of the league again AND stay there. 

Lose at their dump in December and we build up the psychological barrier we broke down last season. 

The big problem with the game on the 29th will be the scum potentially being 5 points clear going into it as they will play an extra game before it. Therefore we will be going into that game knowing a defeat leaves us 8 points behind and for me that would be the league all but over. We say we dont handle the pressure domestically.....if that scenario isnt pressure I dont know what is.

Yes indeed.

We lost but our total  outfield dominance and general attitude   surprised and delighted me personally.

Yes there are issues we need to look at.

For example ,we had so many corners that we failed to make anything out of as well as numerous scoring opportunities albeit defied by  their keeper who was Goramesque.

Disappointed with yesterdays result....YUP!!!
Disheartened with our play...NO WAY!!!
We won the battle against a team with the "knew" messi and worth 100's of millions according to a team of pinochios in the press,and we showed them up as a team of chancers.
A rerun of yesterdays match on the 28th and the desired outcome,then heads will roll at the paedo dome.
The way we bossed that match yesterday will give the tramps food for thought,and will have to change things at home,which could be to their detriment and come out in our favour.

9 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Julien strolled it at Ibrox, and scored yesterday, regardless of how it happened. Their best player scored at Ibrox.

None of their players strolled it.  Morelos had umpteen chances to score and their goal was well offside.

8 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Not expected, but needed to, especially given the run of games coming, the dropped points last wed, and the tarriers run of trophies

We badly needed to win yesterday 

Interesting to see what reaction people would have had if we had won 1-0 with our only shot on target but had been comprehensively outplayed for much of the game.   

Sure we would have the moaning brigade doing the result down and saying it was a fluke result and we have no chance of winning the league.

Shit happens but we move on.

I don't think its a case of we don't have the right mentality, yesterday was just a case of they had a gk who had the game of his life. Its fine margins, he could quite easily have dived the other way for Morelos' penalty and we'd be saying what a great penalty it was and how Morelos coped with the pressure. It does add abit more pressure going into the game at the piggery, that's a must win i think.

2 hours ago, bluebell82 said:

I don't think its a case of we don't have the right mentality, yesterday was just a case of they had a gk who had the game of his life. Its fine margins, he could quite easily have dived the other way for Morelos' penalty and we'd be saying what a great penalty it was and how Morelos coped with the pressure. It does add abit more pressure going into the game at the piggery, that's a must win i think.

Its to do with the fact that against ten men we were honking, worse than that, i honestly wish they didnt go down to ten men because there would have been less expectations on the team and they might have done something, instead for the last half an hour most of the players on the park shat the bed

Archived