We are the celtic of the 90's

Mor3los_1

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Ref can call it mate but VAR can’t anymore after the women’s World Cup I’m sure.

Yeah I read that so thought it was for the players running in but if you watch it the ref is staring at the edge of the box and doesn't blow up , then does the var box sign and orders the retake so i would guess it's for the keeper 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Smile said:

How when your in a final with a chance of winning a Cup is it not a must win game?

Because when the depression of the day passes,  it doesn't mean much in the big picture.  I don't think it will have a bearing on the league. Now I would say the next game against timmy is a must not loose.

8 minutes ago, jamess said:

Because when the depression of the day passes,  it doesn't mean much in the big picture.  I don't think it will have a bearing on the league. Now I would say the next game against timmy is a must not loose.

No cup for us so was a must win game.

They have beat us twice this season once at home 2-0  and once with ten men for thirty minutes and no striker for 59 minutes winning 1-0, we have not even scored against them and it does not mean much in the big picture.

Seriously think the posters on here are just having a laugh now or happy to be losers.

13 minutes ago, jamess said:

Jesus fuck mate.

Chance to stop them winning 10 trophies in a row, chance to show that we’ve got what it takes to win trophies and our first in 8 years and it isn’t must win?

8 hours ago, jamess said:

It will mean something if they do another treble mate .The league or SC cup has to be won  this season or it’s failure .Simple as that 

I don’t think it’s even up for comparison.  
Even though we lost I saw enough to know that this team as it is can end celtics dominance. They just have to believe in themselves as we have the quality right through the side and bad finishing along with good goalkeeping is what stopped us lifting the league cup.

i was really downbeat on Sunday-even described the feeling as someone dying to my wife!!  But having slept on it and reviewing the whole game again I have every confidence going forward that A We’ll qualify on Thursday and B that the league title for us is only a matter of time.

On another day it’s 5-0 that game and each time we’ve bossed celtic we have deserved to win by a lot more than the end score line.  To me that shows were on the correct path and that sooner or later we are going to win things.  You could see the after match interviews and I doubt the players ever want that to feel as bad as that again.

On 09/12/2019 at 00:39, tm91 said:

It was eerily like games in the 90s where we would manage the win despite being outplayed or dominated or having a man sent off. 

And the exact same excuses are being made by some bears that we used to mock. 'Aye but we were the much better team and they didn't deserve it.'

Offside goal or not, they know how to win. We don't. As soon as that penalty was missed we were fucked, the heart was gone and we looked like we didn't know how to get past them. We play good football and have made clear signs of progress but ultimately we are not doing it when the pressure is on, we're only beating them when it really doesn't matter and we're dominating the rest but betting beat by them in key games even when they play awful. The Tommy Burns celtic analogy is depressingly apt - we've seen a team like this before. 

To be honest I think the 90s are being remembered wrongly by a lot of people. In a lot of the games in the early 90s celtic were just bad, later on under Tommy Burns they did play well in  a lot of the games but they never really battered us, Yes goram made some great saves but if you look at the games we usually made at least as many chance as them in them. The only game where they had us under the cosh was where Robertson got sent off in the semi where we played for 80 minutes or something with 10 men. On sunday there we did batter them, bad finishing, bad luck and bad officiating cost us simple as that. Its not some psychological hoodoo.

21 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

Yes we need to start winning against them when it counts but to say the players bottled it is bullshit.

Very true. On another day with luck on our side we easily win that 3-0. We were very unlucky. 

Having had time to reflect on the game.  I think we showed we can not only compete but dominate them.  A few tweaks in the players picked and we should start putting them in their place.

I'm fully confident that we will win the league games and at the end of the season they'll be the games that mattered.  I'd rather win the league than the cups.

16 hours ago, jamess said:

Cup finals are always must win games, the fact some even think they aren't tells me everything about how much not winning anything for eight years has affected their mindset.

The day when Cup finals aren't must win are the days we become a Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen

2 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

Cup finals are always must win games, the fact some even think they aren't tells me everything about how much not winning anything for eight years has affected their mindset.

The day when Cup finals aren't must win are the days we become a Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen

Nah.  The reason I have argued  against this 'must win' label for the final is that this label should mean some dire consequences if you don't win.  I don't think this has happened??.  After this 'must win' we are still well in the hunt for the  league.  From now to May most of our games are must win, because not doing this will have serious consequences, which back up the label 'must win' for most league games.  If we don't win the league, the Scottish cup will become a must win.

51 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Didn’t celtic of the 90s stop us doing 10 in a row? Couldn’t be bothered trawling all the way through the thread. Someone must have pointed that out.

So we will win the league next season then lol

8 hours ago, Vanoli said:

Don’t think we bottled it. But my fear is the team breaking bad and falling apart in the same way as Murty’s did after the 3-2 game. 

I don't think this current squad will do that, That hurt on Sunday but we have the best chance in years of challenging them, Murty was a kids coach who was put in an impossible position which wasn't too much of a disaster the first time but his second stint was a car crash. 

We are in a much better situation all we need is a level playing field and we have a real chance if decisions continue from Dodgy officials then we have no chance. 

Never get the big calls in big games and the refs have been the same since division 3 can remember countless tackles that would have been sending off at Rugby waved away as competitive man up or this guys a part time painter so we give them the benefit of the doubt. 

Archived