Losers mentality , no composure and gutless selfishness

eejay the dj

2 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

So it's Gerrard's fault Morelos missed enough chances to win 3 games, aye, makes sense!

The manager needs to set the mentality for the team. Yes, Morelos’ finishing was absolutely awful, but the fact that they went down to ten men and we weren’t able to capitalise is the managers fault. He brought on Brandon Barker, who wouldn’t have even been good enough for Rangers when we were in the championship,  when he could’ve brought on Greg Stewart, who has been in good form. That’s his fault. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We couldnt do anymore today, boys were class from start to finish, defended well aswell, just a goalkeeper in top form stopped us today, nothing else not because of mentality.  We stood up to the test and were just unlucky!

1 positive is they now know what its like to get beat in a final and wont want to feel that way again.

1 minute ago, Strathaven_Loyal said:

The manager needs to set the mentality for the team. Yes, Morelos’ finishing was absolutely awful, but the fact that they went down to ten men and we weren’t able to capitalise is the managers fault. He brought on Brandon Barker, who wouldn’t have even been good enough for Rangers when we were in the championship,  when he could’ve brought on Greg Stewart, who has been in good form. That’s his fault. 

Defoe was already on, as was Morelos. 

And you wanted Stewart as well?  Do you know anything about getting the ball to this whole team of strikers if you had your way?

Give over ffs, today was not Gerrard's fault, Morelos alone, alone, had enough chances to win 3 games.

Our main man had an off day maybe caught up in the occasion and also came up against a top keeper in top form. As much as losing is painful I’m proud of our team tonight. They gave it everything and should have won the game. They need to use this to push them on for the rest of the season. Let’s not make it out to be some kind of winning mentality they have. They didn’t grind out a result they got incredibly lucky.

5 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I'd be shocked if we beat them even once this season. Genuinely shocked. 

Mate we completely bossed it today, nightmare result and the more we missed the more likely it looked like they get one breakaway and score, which obviously they  fuckn did. Today proved we are more than capable of fuckin them, on another day that would have been a slaughtering. I know we’re fucked and flat as a witches tit but 

Keep Believing.

13 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

We didn’t shat it, we missed chances, hit the woodwork had another two penalties refused, got tore into tackles then lost to an offside goal that was against  the run of play.  We played well today and the boys gave everything.

Missed that, when was that?

1 hour ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

We fucking hammered them. We lost 1-0 to an offside goal. It’s a fucking sickener but shite like this is just overreacting to the extreme. We will scud them at the end of the month, they are shite. 

Such bravado doesn't make us winners bud

Just now, GWR1979 said:

Aye we were, offside is offside and Collum is a cheat simple as that. 

You're fucking clueless. 

That would have been the linesman, not Collum.

Morelos could have been sent off easily today, 2 yellows or a straight red. So was he cheating the taigs as well then?

We lost because we missed enough chances to win 3 games.

Nothing to do with the Ref ffs

1 minute ago, They Gnu said:

Mate we completely bossed it today, nightmare result and the more we missed the more likely it looked like they get one breakaway and score, which obviously they  fuckn did. Today proved we are more than capable of fuckin them, on another day that would have been a slaughtering. I know we’re fucked and flat as a witches tit but 

Keep Believing.

Things like today are only going to make the mentality in our team even worse the next time we play them though, sadly. Could be a massive turning point in our season for all the wrong reasons. 

1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

Things like today are only going to make the mentality in our team even worse the next time we play them though, sadly. Could be a massive turning point in our season for all the wrong reasons. 

Normally I’d agree but the way that game played out the team will know we are capable of beating them.

8 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Our main man had an off day maybe caught up in the occasion and also came up against a top keeper in top form. As much as losing is painful I’m proud of our team tonight. They gave it everything and should have won the game. They need to use this to push them on for the rest of the season. Let’s not make it out to be some kind of winning mentality they have. They didn’t grind out a result they got incredibly lucky.

Too many people buy into that way of thinking unfortunately.  They 100% for lucky. We should be using that performance to galvanize the rest of the season for us.

There’s clearly something psychologically wrong at the club, but digging out individuals, including the manager, isn’t the answer imo. I think SG got it spot on, apart from Barker. Our much maligned captain was excellent on the whole. Morelos was brilliant, in the most part. I’ve no idea what the answer is.

3 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Irrelevant. We created enough chances to destroy them. We could have absolutely pumped them 5 or 6 nil. 

Very relevant their goal was offside. And we should have scored from the penalty we should have had when brown fauled morellos. Don't mind losing finals when we were well beaten but we weren't. To turn round and say we are losers is so off the mark, If we finnish behind them in the league then you might be right but a lot of Football still to be played. 

As for them I would be more worried that their Keeper and Collum won them the Cup. As we played them off the park and they scored an offside goal which wouldn't have counted in any other final in the world. 

18 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Defoe was already on, as was Morelos. 

And you wanted Stewart as well?  Do you know anything about getting the ball to this whole team of strikers if you had your way?

Give over ffs, today was not Gerrard's fault, Morelos alone, alone, had enough chances to win 3 games.

And I reckon only 2 of them he could have done better (penalty aside). A lesser player wouldn’t have been in a position to get all those chances. It’s gutting that he can’t score against them but it’s no reflection on his overall ability 

13 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

You're fucking clueless. 

That would have been the linesman, not Collum.

Morelos could have been sent off easily today, 2 yellows or a straight red. So was he cheating the taigs as well then?

We lost because we missed enough chances to win 3 games.

Nothing to do with the Ref ffs

Aye fuck you clueless. 

Robbed by the officials your the one that's clueless Morellos should have been off keep telling yourself that. 

We missed chances but if you hate the team that much that you blame them then your the one that's clueless. 

Archived