Sign in to follow this  
Irn Blu

Captain Jack

For me the captain has always got to come from either the central defence of central midfield, that way you get close to the players around you.  It was the same when Wallace was captain if you are in the wide areas it's difficult to get you message across to the other side of the park.

Irn Blu likes this

7 minutes ago, Irn Blu said:

Im not debating that, what im saying is theres too many times ie 2-0 up at the sheep and team just go to shit and I dont feel like Tav is the right captain to motivate the team.

Its happened all to often now.

Yes, Morelos missed too many chances.

Yes, Kent was pretty anonymous today.

Yes, Goldson has a 50p heed.

But.....when Morelos missed the pen and we had an extra man the heads seemed to go down and we were worse, we need a captain to lift the team and drive them

I love Jack, but he was as bad as anyone against the sheep.

A leader doesn’t need the arm band. If he does he shouldn’t be captain. 

BlueboyG likes this

13 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Oh I see, he needs the armband to activate his captain super powers aye.

Like popeye and spinach or something.

So everyone just listens and agrees to do whatever anyone in the team says ahead of the captain?

Where would that leave the team with Jack telling players to do something over Tav? 

Not saying hes not got a voice at the moment, but think he should be cemented as captain to lead from the middle of the park

BigChief likes this

Rangers as a team needs a change of direction if we’re going to win the league, Jack captain would be a good start to that. The amount the team have to rely on Tav also needs to change. He doesn’t have the ability to be the main attacking threat, his crosses, corner kicks,free kicks aren’t working.
Jack captain and let him dictate the run of play centrally instead of this reliance on a lucky punt into the box from the right hand side.

Spuddy Zelda and BigChief like this

On 08/12/2019 at 20:31, Howsitgoing said:

Rangers as a team needs a change of direction if we’re going to win the league, Jack captain would be a good start to that. The amount the team have to rely on Tav also needs to change. He doesn’t have the ability to be the main attacking threat, his crosses, corner kicks,free kicks aren’t working.
Jack captain and let him dictate the run of play centrally instead of this reliance on a lucky punt into the box from the right hand side.

As great as morelos is at scoring in the air, it's all or nothing with him. That game on Sunday could've done with a tall powerful striker coming off the bench rather than defoe. And folk can say we aren't setup for that, but on a pishing down hampden sodden pitch final when you're chasing a goal it became punts into the box. 

Howsitgoing likes this

On 08/12/2019 at 17:31, Creampuff said:

The challenge where he almost blew his knee was absolutely incredible.

Looked like quite a big gash, was off for a minute and straight back on. 

Tav is not at fault for the defeat, he has had a couple of slip ups but defensively sound and always gives us options going forward. 

Ryan Jack will be Captain one day but not mid season and not as reaction to Sundays defeat where I thought Tav was immense. 

On 08/12/2019 at 17:43, Getstiffed said:

Oh I see, he needs the armband to activate his captain super powers aye.

Like popeye and spinach or something.

116991.jpg?quality=90&crop=35px,0px,561p

Aye, good Glaswegian as well.