Back Gerrard

Boyd9her

10 hours ago, DBBTB said:

The referee might as well have blown the whistle and finished the game when we missed the penalty because we were never scoring after that. It killed us.

I thought the game had the feeling of them winning one nil with a sucker punch after the first couple of saves Forster made. I said to my Dad at half time we were going to lose this. We could still be playing now and the outcome would be the same. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I thought the game had the feeling of them winning one nil with a sucker punch after the first couple of saves Forster made. I said to my Dad at half time we were going to lose this. We could still be playing now and the outcome would be the same. 

We have become the Tommy Burns side who have all the play and everyone states how brilliant they are but never win the games that matter against them.

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

We have become the Tommy Burns side who have all the play and everyone states how brilliant they are but never win the games that matter against them.

Their keeper had a worldie. It was the game of his life and he'll never play like that again across 90 minutes, but we should have had enough to get a single goal. 

I'm a negative mess at the moment to be fair. I know I'm not objective of rational right now. It's still as raw now as it was at 5pm last night.

4 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Their keeper had a worldie. It was the game of his life and he'll never play like that again across 90 minutes, but we should have had enough to get a single goal. 

I'm a negative mess at the moment to be fair. I know I'm not objective of rational right now. It's still as raw now as it was at 5pm last night.

I think first instincts are usually correct I knew when we blew it time after time they would win, I hate seeing posters stating we were the better team what does that matter when we walk away losers again.

13 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah missing the penalty didn’t help but we went into the shell of how we play against teams who defend in banks of five and four or four and five. Sideways and slow, no real width.

Its continually disappointing. Need to stretch play, get them running, proper movement. It just didn’t happen.

Agree with you to some extent but not sure about the stretching the play bit.  We are at our most ineffective when we allow teams to consistently get us to play out to the wings and have the fullbacks cross the ball in.   Gerrard bringing on Barker just made that worse, Barisic could do everything that he offered.  Thought Stewart was the man to go to in the last quarter of an hour to try and get some play through the centre of their defence.

22 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think first instincts are usually correct I knew when we blew it time after time they would win, I hate seeing posters stating we were the better team what does that matter when we walk away losers again.

We were the better team and by a country mile, but ultimately it doesn't matter. I cant remember the last time I took a loss this badly.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

It matters because they didn't pull off some tactical Wattenaccio masterclass. They didn't choose to sit back and sucker us.

We made them look poor, overpowered them and done almost everything right. Make no mistake if we stay close to them they will be worried because their keeper and a couple of scandalous decisions cost us and that isn't likely to happen again. 

The league is what matters and we are bang in it and just sowed some doubt in their minds. If we get to the next OF with a small margin they will be nervous as hell. 

34 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

It matters because they didn't pull off some tactical Wattenaccio masterclass. They didn't choose to sit back and sucker us.

We made them look poor, overpowered them and done almost everything right. Make no mistake if we stay close to them they will be worried because their keeper and a couple of scandalous decisions cost us and that isn't likely to happen again. 

The league is what matters and we are bang in it and just sowed some doubt in their minds. If we get to the next OF with a small margin they will be nervous as hell. 

They played without a striker till sixty minutes they also played with ten men with 30 minutes to go, we got a penalty and we still could not beat them, dress this up any way you like we just made a cunt of it yesterday.

None of this we played better shite makes me feel any better it's pish you will hear from scum supporters as the laugh behind your back.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

They played without a striker till sixty minutes they also played with ten men with 30 minutes to go, we got a penalty and we still could not beat them, dress this up any way you like we just made a cunt of it yesterday.

None of this we played better shite makes me feel any better it's pish you will hear from scum supporters as the laugh behind your back.

I'm not dressing anything up. We were miles better than them when they had 11 men. There is no fear of them. They should be worried 

Just now, trueblueal said:

I'm not dressing anything up. We were miles better than them when they had 11 men. There is no fear of them. They should be worried 

But still lost, I can remember the scum coming out with this during the Tommy Burns era and it was laughable pish then as it is now. 

You win or nothing else counts.

Far more consistent in the league, Progressed further in the cup, bossed the final and lost by the smallest of margins, hopefully take us a step further in Europe..... If this continues all the rewards will start to show very shortly. 

Get him signed up. 

39 minutes ago, Smile said:

But still lost, I can remember the scum coming out with this during the Tommy Burns era and it was laughable pish then as it is now. 

You win or nothing else counts.

It's one trophy out of 3 available. We are closer then ever to them. It's coming have faith in Gerrard to get us there.

Just now, trueblueal said:

It's one trophy out of 3 available. We are closer then ever to them. It's coming have faith in Gerrard to get us there.

I back Gerrard but his subs for me are awful plus he does keep players on who are just not doing anything at all, Kent was an example of this yesterday.

Well hopefully we are now at a stage of 2-3 higher end players each window and guys like Kent feel like they need to fight for a place.  Trim down the numbers and up the quality. Let youth players take the place of Polster, Firth and the likes 

Just seen this thread, I have no problem backing Stevie until the end of the season, nothing would make me happier than for him to win 55.

My only concern is his blindness for certain players and his substitutions, I hope that is not going to be something that comes back to bite him.  

We surely must get in someone for the right wing in Jan, it is a major problem at the moment.

I have also changed my mind on keeping Defoe, I think it would be a waste of money, get a younger much bigger forward who can put another option to our attack 

If we end the season with no silverware, God forbid, then I have no idea what happens and I do not want to think about it at the moment. 

I also read a huge number of posts yesterday saying how we will go to the piggery in three weeks time and beat them, well I hope that is true but I am far from sure that will be the case. Yesterday was certainly a day when the officials played a huge part in us not winning the cup, but I cannot see them so poor again at home in the league, I do hope I am wrong. 

4 hours ago, Mcloy_72 said:

I have better things to do than rack up high post counts on here and acting like a big shot.For example i actaully go to most of the games and support the team.

You have been outed as a bheast in here the type of cunt that only shows up when Rangers get beat.

Fuck off.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

Yes we did make a cunt of it, too late now, move on. The manager and players can look at themselves and remember what happened for the next time, bitching from us is not going to change things.

2 hours ago, trueblueal said:

Yet look at the way they are behaving in the media and their fans.  They're not worried because all we showed yesterday was that us playing miles better than them and them playing terribly still results in a win for them.  Like people keep saying it's similar to what we used to do when beating Tommy Burns' teams.

We don't need a new manager but we do need a culture change.  I hope Gerrard is stressing this to the team that winning is everything.

29 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Yes we did make a cunt of it, too late now, move on. The manager and players can look at themselves and remember what happened for the next time, bitching from us is not going to change things.

I'm hoping the anger the players must be feeling atm will be used in our favour for the up and coming fixtures.

Archived