Captain

falkirkNS

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why the fuck do people repeatedly want to destabilize the club by changing captains midway through a season? Absolutely mind-boggingly moronic.

Ask the players if they want to change the captain - can't imagine there'd be many takers.

You can have multiple leaders in a dressing room who lead in similar or different ways - no need to be Julius Caesaring cunts left right and centre.

See if Jack (or anyone) isn’t already leading the team then they’re not captain material. 

You don’t need the armband to be a leader. 

You don’t gain superleader powers by wearing it either.

Every game we lose our right back gets the blame, as if we shift a bit of elastic to another mans arm we’d suddenly transform. 

Being a captain is easy, or certainly easier when you are playing with great, or better players.

Ferguson and Amo had the De Boers, Mols, Klos, Arveladze, Lovenkrands, Gio, Ricksen, Numan, themselves etc. Gough had McCoist, Hateley, Brown, Goram, Laudrup, Gazza etc. Even then we had some howlers during their periods but ultimately those teams were primarily successful because we had great players.

Tav for the most part of his career hasn't had much quality around him. Jack becoming captain wouldn't change our results/performances IMO, and I fucking love Ryan Jack.

1 minute ago, middli said:

It's a no brainer for me that Jack should quietly take over the captaincy after the winter break but if i went on the emotion  of today I would strip the armband off Tav straightaway for bottling the penalty.

Gerrard confirmed Morelos was the designated penalty taker. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

See if Jack (or anyone) isn’t already leading the team then they’re not captain material. 

You don’t need the armband to be a leader. 

You don’t gain superleader powers by wearing it either.

Every game we lose our right back gets the blame, as if we shift a bit of elastic to another mans arm we’d suddenly transform. 

Has to be easy to blame tavernier many times this season, not today however.

Winning mentality is lacking and guile!

Barker, ojo and aribo as such wont win us nothing.

9 minutes ago, middli said:

It's a no brainer for me that Jack should quietly take over the captaincy after the winter break but if i went on the emotion  of today I would strip the armband off Tav straightaway for bottling the penalty.

👍why wait? Tav is no Rangers captain. Fucking clueless. 

I like the picture to be fair. It shows how much it means to him. Every player and fan should feel the same. The hurt and pain should push everyone on to never feel like that again. Obviously there is only one way to never feel like this again. The players need to channel this and do everything they can to get in that winners circle. I don't think we can take much more adversity!

13 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

How long do we wait until jacko is Captain?

It may just rejuvenate tavernier?

FB_IMG_1575830123654.jpg

When we signed him. I told everyone I knew, that he would be a Rangers captain. I have been ripped to bits for that. Until this season, Jack has relaxed into his jersey. To all intents and purposes he is the captain of our team.

Ffs Gerrard gives him the armband, it underlines what he does.

Believe it or not I like tav as a player but he has not and never will be a captain in the way 90% of his fans and players see one. 

Archived