Captain

falkirkNS

Are we so blind that we cannot see......unfathomable why people can't see that Tav isn't a leader.......he was reasonable today but has let us down defensively repeatedly. I honestly think people are blinded by the way he got everything his own way in championship. It's different now.....he has to do more defensively.

in any case we have many areas on the park we can improve on and Mayo Barjonas Dickson Kelly and Edmundson should be filtered into the team as I believe they are better than those currently in front of them.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Spencer65 said:

Are we so blind that we cannot see......unfathomable why people can't see that Tav isn't a leader.......he was reasonable today but has let us down defensively repeatedly. I honestly think people are blinded by the way he got everything his own way in championship. It's different now.....he has to do more defensively.

in any case we have many areas on the park we can improve on and Mayo Barjonas Dickson Kelly and Edmundson should be filtered into the team as I believe they are better than those currently in front of them.

:lol:

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

:lol:

You will not be saying that when we win the caramel wafer cup😀 But seriously I watch most of the development games and I honestly beleve they are better than what's on show...btw I missed out the right back I think it's patterson.

personally I would rather play these guys who are regular winners than the limited players we have in first team. Then again some on here didn't think Barry ferguson shouldnt been given a chance.

26 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Why the fuck do people repeatedly want to destabilize the club but changing captains midway through a season? Absolute mind-boggingly moronic.

Ask the players if they want to change the captain - can't imagine there'd be many takers.

You can have multiple leaders in a dressing room who lead in similar or different ways - no need to be Julius Caesaring cunts left right and centre.

What’s “mind-boggingly moronic“ is how tav was given the fucking armband in the first place.

Just now, Spencer65 said:

You will not be saying that when we win the caramel wafer cup😀 But seriously I watch most of the development games and I honestly beleve they are better than what's on show...btw I missed out the right back I think it's patterson.

personally I would rather play these guys who are regular winners than the limited players we have in first team. Then again some on here didn't think Barry ferguson shouldnt been given a chance.

Was the internet even a thing when Barry Ferguson got a chance? 😂

I’m sorry but blaming solely Tav is a bit of a joke here. He had a solid game and has clearly been dropped from penalty taking duties after missing 3 or so this season. 

I’m by no means a big fan of his, but he’s one of several leaders we have that could’ve made the call on that penalty. Not 1 of Jack, Arfield, Barisic etc even asked for the ball or looked keen for it. If I was a senior playing in that dressing room, I’m straight over there to give Tav another option than let Alfie take it when we know his heads gone

29 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

See if Jack (or anyone) isn’t already leading the team then they’re not captain material. 

You don’t need the armband to be a leader. 

You don’t gain superleader powers by wearing it either.

Every game we lose our right back gets the blame, as if we shift a bit of elastic to another mans arm we’d suddenly transform. 

Spot on.

2 minutes ago, Spencer65 said:

Who would the 5 players you mentioned replace in our current first team out of interest?

Also, Barry Ferguson was probably a 1 in a generation, sadly. That said, we do have a lot of young talent coming through. Hopefully they prove to be good enough. If we even get one player though i'll be delighted.

2 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

I’m sorry but blaming solely Tav is a bit of a joke here. He had a solid game and has clearly been dropped from penalty taking duties after missing 3 or so this season. 

I’m by no means a big fan of his, but he’s one of several leaders we have that could’ve made the call on that penalty. Not 1 of Jack, Arfield, Barisic etc even asked for the ball or looked keen for it. If I was a senior playing in that dressing room, I’m straight over there to give Tav another option than let Alfie take it when we know his heads gone

People are blaming tav because he shat it big time against them any passionate captain would want to put them to the sword.

I love Tav,  but to hand the penalty to anyone on that pitch, when you're meant to be number one is brutal. 

Tav played well, everyone did from where I was sitting, but in the last 20 mins, especially with the taigs down to ten, we did not look like we wanted it. 

6 minutes ago, Jasper said:

What’s “mind-boggingly moronic“ is how tav was given the fucking armband in the first place.

Why's that then? Many if not most on here wanted Jack shipped on never mind having the team built round him. Tav was one of the first names if not the first on the teamsheet.

Time and again when players are interviewed they point towards Tav being the man on the pitch and behind the scenes who leads them. If he wasn't seen as a leader in the group he wouldn't be captain it's that fucking simple.

@graeme_4 has said all that needs to be said on this, you don't need the fucking armband to be a leader and team can and should have multiple leaders.

6 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

People are blaming tav because he shat it big time against them any passionate captain would want to put them to the sword.

He never “shat it”.  Tavernier was one of the best players on the pitch.  Probably thee best from the wide areas.  Done his defensive duties well and was our main attacking force driving us forward on the right.  Morelos was the designated penalty taker which is what most on here wanted.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Why's that then? Many if not most on here wanted Jack shipped on never mind having the team built round him. Tav was one of the first names if not the first on the teamsheet.

Time and again when players are interviewed they point towards Tav being the man on the pitch and behind the scenes who leads them. If he wasn't seen as a leader in the group he wouldn't be captain it's that fucking simple.

@graeme_4 has said all that needs to be said on this, you don't need the fucking armband to be a leader and team can and should have multiple leaders.

👏🏻 👏🏻 👏🏻 

13 minutes ago, Ayrblue1 said:

Was the internet even a thing when Barry Ferguson got a chance? 😂

No fair play but my general theme is we don't give youth a chance when we have limited players in the first team. The worst example was when McCoist played john Daly etc in bottom division and didn't give any youngsters a chance.

46 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

How long do we wait until jacko is Captain?

It may just rejuvenate tavernier?

FB_IMG_1575830123654.jpg

Ye saw Barry Ferguson and Richard Gough etc greeting into Walters shoulder like that all the time eh 

Just now, Spencer65 said:

No fair play but my general theme is we don't give youth a chance when we have limited players in the first team. The worst example was when McCoist played john Daly etc in bottom division and didn't give any youngsters a chance.

Naw I know mate a wasn’t haven’t a dig at ye buddy

Just now, TMB said:

He never “shat it”.  Tavernier was one of the best players on the pitch.  Probably thee best from the wide areas.  Done his defensive duties well and was our main attacking force driving us forward on the right.  Morelos was the designated penalty taker which is what most on here wanted.

Wrong he shat it any captain from any great era from Rangers would have said "I'M FUCKING TAKING IT"  1-0 down call on leaders to win the game  

1 minute ago, sRcFoCt said:

Wrong he shat it any captain from any great era from Rangers would have said "I'M FUCKING TAKING IT"  1-0 down call on leaders to win the game  

But it was decided prior to the match that Morelos was the designated penalty taker.  You’re desperately trying to blame Tavernier for something when in fact he wasn’t at fault and had a very good game.

Archived