Captain

falkirkNS

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ayrblue1 said:

Naw I know mate a wasn’t haven’t a dig at ye buddy

No surrender...taigs  are not brilliant....just think if we brought in some young hungry players to boost squad instead of airborne Ono barker it might tip things in our favour

Just now, TMB said:

But it was decided prior to the match that Morelos was the designated penalty taker.  You’re desperately trying to blame Tavernier for something when in fact he wasn’t at fault and had a very good game.

Fuck sake you know anything about football at the start of every season they have a designated player to take penalties then a 2nd 3rd choice I never said tav had a bad game but I will say that at the most important time tav went missing 

Just now, Spencer65 said:

No surrender...taigs  are not brilliant....just think if we brought in some young hungry players to boost squad instead of airborne Ono barker it might tip things in our favour

Aye 100% mate Middleton on loan when imo he’s better than barker.  Would love to see some of our youth come through. 

4 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

Fuck sake you know anything about football at the start of every season they have a designated player to take penalties then a 2nd 3rd choice I never said tav had a bad game but I will say that at the most important time tav went missing 

Tavernier was the designated penalty taker at the start of the season, that’s true.  He.’s missed three so far this season and was off penalties prior to today’s match.  It was decided before kickoff that Morelos was to take it should we get a penalty.  Gerrard has confirmed this.

Jack is a possible future Greig.  Will probably become our captain one day.  But he is in the team now influencing others and leading by example.  Tav has been a very good servant of the club and earns his start every week.  What did Advocaat say about Rangers last week - class.  Stripping a good servant of the club the captaincy mid way through a season when they are still in the team is just low and lacking in class. And not the way to motivate.

I think the captaincy discussion is a red herring. I don't think it would make Jack a better player or personality for having it. I also don't think it would make Tav any more or less of player.

Gough, Ferguson or JG could have been the captain today and we still wouldn't have won IMO. It's absolutely shite but today was just an utter cunt.

10 minutes ago, jamess said:

Jack is a possible future Greig.  Will probably become our captain one day.  But he is in the team now influencing others and leading by example.  Tav has been a very good servant of the club and earns his start every week.  What did Advocaat say about Rangers last week - class.  Stripping a good servant of the club the captaincy mid way through a season when they are still in the team is just low and lacking in class. And not the way to motivate.

Did advocaat not do it to Barry Ferguson?

i don’t think he should be stripped of the captaincy midway through a season for what it’s worth, although in the summer I would like to see jack captain. He embodies everything a great Rangers captain is meant to have imo

Archived