Probably the worst I’ve ever felt following Rangers

GOAT

32 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Not the worst - 2012 was the worst. But I had high expectations today, which we should have come through.

May 2020 is not far away - the timmigrants will realise soon enough we played them off the park without our strongest team for 90%of that game. 

When you're down you need lifted, not kicked. 

Let's be honest mate. They won't give a fuck we played them off the park, as they have another trophy in the bag. 

I'm looking at this two ways now. Either the pain of today spurs the side on to deliver the title or our season falls apart.

I honestly hope it's the first one.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We performed well today but profligate finishing chiefly Morelos cost us. Yes keeper made some good saves but we should have been burying chances not giving him a prayer of saving at least a couple.

Main anger is at cheating lino and a spineless Collum. Shame Gerrard didnt call them out more strongly IMO. Free hit when the winner has 3 Tarriers standing offside. Gollum let them away with murder as regards to time wasting and feigning injuries.

Completely gutted, particularly since we should have won the game by a mile. Not looking forward to going to work tomorrow, but I said after the Aberdeen debacle that the league game against them is fa more important than this one. My main concern is that I don't know what else we could have done today to beat them.

3 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

I’m saying that a straightforward spanking would be easier to process than being by far the better team and losing. I found the 5-0 easier to deal with than this. Anyone who doesn’t need their own carer understands this

No chance, one of our worst results ever that.

Worst I’ve felt after a game in many a year.

We have gone eight years without a trophy now and we need that monkey off our back. After 30 minutes today I thought today was going to be that day. At the start of the second half I was certain it was because it felt like a matter of when we would score not if and yet it didn’t.

In the short term it would have stopped their run which has seen them win ten trophies on the spin, but it could also have been the launching pad for the rest of the season and beyond.

Instead we are now all sitting here dejected wondering what we have to do after losing to a team who put in one of the worst cup final performances I’ve seen in a long time.

On the contrary.  Perhaps the Best I’ve felt after losing a final. Why?

because we dominated them and we were better than them in every position. We haven’t done that for a long time.  

Rhe players know they have it in them.  

I don’t feel good.  But I am hopeful.  

If we were shit and got beat I’d be worried but we weren’t.  

3 minutes ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

On the contrary.  Perhaps the Best I’ve felt after losing a final. Why?

because we dominated them and we were better than them in every position. We haven’t done that for a long time.  

Rhe players know they have it in them.  

I don’t feel good.  But I am hopeful.  

If we were shit and got beat I’d be worried but we weren’t.  

We are probably the better footballing team but at the end of the day they’ve won another trophy which will likely spur them onto another treble.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aye but easier to deal with is right, getting pumped off the better team is way better on the heart than smashing them all over the park and watching them steal the cup

If it never won them the league then maybe, but a 5-0 pumping against a team that genuinely never looked like they gave a fuck is just as hard to me.

Same for me cant get shake the awful feeling from today. Their keeper wont have a better game and a dodgy goal as well.  This is hard to take but the league is all that matters.  We could beat bern on Thursday and qaulify but if we play shit and drop points on the next game then the europa result doesnt matter. We have the big team mentality of your only as good as your next game and winning this league and stopping 10 in a row is all that matters

5 minutes ago, djwyc14 said:

We performed well today but profligate finishing chiefly Morelos cost us. Yes keeper made some good saves but we should have been burying chances not giving him a prayer of saving at least a couple.

Main anger is at cheating lino and a spineless Collum. Shame Gerrard didnt call them out more strongly IMO. Free hit when the winner has 3 Tarriers standing offside. Gollum let them away with murder as regards to time wasting and feigning injuries.

Correct, line of three all closer to Shagger than any of our players.

Make no bones about it, this was our biggest game in years and realistically our best chance at stopping those horrible bastards winning another treble........we failed and while I felt we were better than them that's where u have the problem.

They can not and will not be as ineffective against us again, they can't be as riding your luck won't win you trophies. We are in real danger here of suffering more than just losing this cup final here. So many difficult games coming up and I have to question the mentality of our players.

Wish I could see things differently but I can only see problems ahead as the ramifications in losing this final was more than just one trophy.......wish they could make me eat my words but I doubt it.

Archived