******Official Rangers v Young Boys Thread********

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, ShanksRFC said:

I'd expect the same team as Sunday except Katic in for Helander.

I'd hope not as Aribo just doesn't do anything for me. 

I'd rather Arfield was played in his more familiar central role and Stewart was played wide right. 

Obviously I'm happy Katic starts though. 

4 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I'd hope not as Aribo just doesn't do anything for me. 

I'd rather Arfield was played in his more familiar central role and Stewart was played wide right. 

Obviously I'm happy Katic starts though. 

Thought Aribo done OK on Sunday, especially first half.

Id like Stewart to be given a run too but he played for the reserves yesterday so unlikely. 

8 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Thought Aribo done OK on Sunday, especially first half.

Id like Stewart to be given a run too but he played for the reserves yesterday so unlikely. 

That's the problem with Aribo, he is just OK. I was so thrilled with him at the beginning but lately he is meh. And no, he is not a clone of Ejaria. He is a much better player than that. He has more to offer. Now is the time to show it.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

That's the problem with Aribo, he is just OK. I was so thrilled with him at the beginning but lately he is meh. And no, he is not a clone of Ejaria. He is a much better player than that. He has more to offer. Now is the time to show it.

Certainly better when played up the park like he was on Sunday. He is shite if playing any deeper.

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Think he might be like Barasic and one who will need a wee bit longer to settle. Better players than him have struggled in their first seasons and gone on to be successes. 

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Pretty innocuous challenge, think it was at a corner in their box. Limped about for a bit then made the call saying he was fucked.

I remember it happening but never seen if he landed awkwardly or if Eduoard landed on his ankle. BT never showed any replays, I don't think.

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Pretty innocuous challenge, think it was at a corner in their box. Limped about for a bit then made the call saying he was fucked.

Edouard stood on Helander's foot, no-one talks about it. Morelos stood on Ajer's foot and he raked his studs down his achilles.

4 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I agree he's not a clone of ejaria and is better than that but I still feel he slows play down too much and his movement is pretty poor. He just never seems to be in a rush to either get in the box or shut players down. 

At this moment in time he's not good enough to start for me and I'd much rather see Arfield through the middle even though he's been poor also. 

10 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I don’t think I’ve seen Aribo in any game where he’s been above average as a player.

1 hour ago, ChampionsAgain said:

McGregor 

Tav Goldson Katic Flanagan 

Kamara Arfield Aribo 

Barker Morelos Kent 

Not what I would want it to be but that’s what I think Gerrard will put out. 

Nervy 1-1

No Jack or Barisic? Unless I've missed an injury report. 

Archived