******Official Rangers v Young Boys Thread********

A win tonight will give the team a huge confidence boost and give us more money to spend in the transfer market.

A huge game for us. I am confident we will get through. We must cut out individual errors witch cost us the first leg though. 

Playing on our superior pitch  with our support behind us should make a huge difference. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

McGregor

Goldson Katic Flanagan

Tav Jack Kamara Arfield Barisic

Kent Morelos

Let's change it up a bit, getting a bit stagnant.

Changing our whole system for one of our biggest games of the season after having an excellent EL stage so far would be nothing short of unforgivable. 

1 minute ago, RDB14 said:

Changing our whole system for one of our biggest games of the season after having an excellent EL stage so far would be nothing short of unforgivable. 

It's not a whole different system when you look at it. Basically you're giving Tav and Barasic more freedom to get forward and allowing Kent to support Morelos more and roam about the pitch. Apart from that it's roughly the same backline, midfield 3 and striker as the taigs game.

2 hours ago, ChampionsAgain said:

McGregor 

Tav Goldson Katic Flanagan 

Kamara Arfield Aribo 

Barker Morelos Kent 

Not what I would want it to be but that’s what I think Gerrard will put out. 

Nervy 1-1

No Barasic or Jack? Obviously it won't be what Gerrard puts out.

Just now, esquire8 said:

It's not a whole different system when you look at it. Basically you're giving Tav and Barasic more freedom to get forward and allowing Kent to support Morelos more and roam about the pitch. Apart from that it's roughly the same backline, midfield 3 and striker as the taigs game.

We usually play a 4-3-3.  This is a 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 depending on how you look at it.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

I'd maybe be up for trying 3-5-2 again against Hamilton or some other shite at home but not to qualify from our Europa League group.

We tried 3-5-2 last year and it was dreadful.

1 minute ago, pollok-bear said:

Lol sorry what do u mean by depending  on how you look at it?

Well with the following line up:

McGregor

Goldson Katic Flanagan

Kent Morelos

You could argue that Tav and Barisic are part of a back 5 who push forward as full backs (their natural position) or you could argue they are the sides of a 5 man midfield as RMF and LMF (unnatural positions).   Hence it could be a 3-5-2 or a 5-3-2...

5 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

Well with the following line up:

McGregor

Goldson Katic Flanagan

Kent Morelos

You could argue that Tav and Barisic are part of a back 5 who push forward as full backs (their natural position) or you could argue they are the sides of a 5 man midfield as RMF and LMF (unnatural positions).   Hence it could be a 3-5-2 or a 5-3-2...

Tav and Barisic get forward enough as it is. All this has done is put on another defender at the expense of a more attack minded player ie Stewart or Aribo.

1 hour ago, ShanksRFC said:

I'd maybe be up for trying 3-5-2 again against Hamilton or some other shite at home but not to qualify from our Europa League group.

We tried 3-5-2 last year and it was dreadful.

Flanagan at centre back was great to see though.

58 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Think we will take these cunts to the cleaners tonight 😉👍

# Our Day Will Come 🇬🇧

Can we stop saying that please?

4 hours ago, ChampionsAgain said:

McGregor 

Tav Goldson Katic Flanagan 

Kamara Arfield Aribo 

Barker Morelos Kent 

Not what I would want it to be but that’s what I think Gerrard will put out. 

Nervy 1-1

Did you see flanagan against the sheep???? He was a jittering mess. I can almost guarantee he'll not drop barisic in 1 of our most important games of the season for Flanagan. 

Also not sure why Jack would be dropped also considering he's been our best midfielder this season. 

13 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

No thanks. Any team that involves Flanagan tonight can simply fuck off

Behave .Flanagan has done nothing wrong .It amazes me with the amount of losers over a long period of time .He takes the rap for fuck all 

Still only played in 2 defeats since he arrived 

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Behave .Flanagan has done nothing wrong .It amazes me with the amount of losers over a long period of time .He takes the rap for fuck all 

Still only played in 2 defeats since he arrived 

He was horrible at the Sheep dome tho, that'll be at the forefront of people's minds

Archived