******Official Rangers v Young Boys Thread********

1 minute ago, Sweettartangirl said:

No I don't think I am. But thanks

I like your posts (generally).....but be honest. From where we have been recently...to last 32.....and you don't see ANY positives?

Really?       

I'm not saying we were Barca tonight...far from it. 

But last 32 in Europa. Would you not have been over the moon at that 6 months ago?

Think you're being harsh....but entitled to your opinion.

Me? I'm delighted we have European footy to look forward to after Christmas..........and have a merry one STG

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've really got to start believing in ourselves or were going nowhere this season.

Ffs we played those manky bastards off the pitch at the weekend and have qualified through 4 qualifying rounds for two seasons and almost topped this group.

C'mon lads grow a set of balls and wake up.

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Against a dominant team I’d understand it but YB are woeful and we could have score 3 or 4 in the first half.

To drop deep and try and defend for half an hour at home to that was howling.

Great to be through but our game management simply has to improve 

Hard to not defend deep when they are launching 60 yard long balls for 30mins

Just now, bluenoz said:

We just lost a wad of money and finished in second when first was right in front of us. If you are not frustrated by that then I don't know what to say.

A little frustrated.  Not sure there's that much difference in prize money between topping the group and coming in 2nd.  From what I can find it looks like both 1st and 2nd both get half a mil for making the group stages.

The only thing that matters tonight is we are in the last 32. Agree that we invited the pressure for the last 30 mins which was frustrating but YB needed to score two so naturally they are going to start dominating as they are not going to roll over and just let us qualify without a fight. I get the frustration about losing the goal etc etc but for a team from the first qualifying round and qualified in pot 4 to qualify and represent ourselves well in in our European games is something to be extremely proud of. 

If you have seen the Porto goals tonight you will see the terrible goals that won them the game. We are just not getting the breaks at the moment in the past few games which has cost us at times. I do agree that we need to be more resilient and need to have stronger characters in our team but I am going to celebrate our achievements tonight and enjoy the significant progress from 18 months ago. 

WATP

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Greg Stewart came on v Hearts and scored 2. Since then? Not a single minute yet that fucking Ojo still gets a game. 

Gerrard cannot show favouritism like that. It’s not healthy. 

Our most difficult period of the season has seen us win only one of our last 5 games. We need to stop the slack shite and stop it now. 

Away to Motherwell, Hibs and the bheasts before the month is out. 

Euro football after the new year is so good though but it’s a distant second to the league.

We are through but the same poor performances letting the others down 

If we get a hard draw ,we only have ourselves to blame 

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

A little frustrated.  Not sure there's that much difference in prize money between topping the group and coming in 2nd.  From what I can find it looks like both 1st and 2nd both get half a mil for making the group stages.

Every cunt would have took that at the start its hard to complain about anything tonight.

Group match victory - €570,000

Group match draw - €190,000

Group winners - €1,000,000

Group runners-up - €500,000

Capture.thumb.PNG.20fdc8bfb50d50ec3afa549b5128b651.PNG

800 k is the difference in that late goal. As someone else said, that's a January signing.

That's a 45 minutes of football that they need to sit down and look at what when wrong from the first to the second half.

Even when we were through in the last minute Morelos is on Tavs right ideally placed to hold the ball up but no he goes for the pass to Ojo a mean fucking Ojo even if it gets to him he's doing nothing with it. Two seconds later they romping up the park on the counter. 

Just now, bluenoz said:

800 k is the difference in that late goal. As someone else said, that's a January signing.

If you think 800k is buying us (tbh even loaning us) someone of real quality then your deluded. Only way we are buying decent is if we sell some lesser names or let one big player go.

Archived