******Official Rangers v Young Boys Thread********

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Absolute disgrace of a last 30 mins 

100% mate,couldn't make 2 passes ffs. Kick this game management shite into touch.All over them in the 1st half then sit back from the hour mark.Once again seeing the result of not taking our 1st half chances.Glad we've qualified but we should have won and topped the group.These sort of games ain't good for the aul ticker.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange one. We played some superb football tonight, but by fuck did we finish the game badly. 

I agree the sub was horrendous, but I'm not a fan of ojo and he has to get sent back down the road ASAP. I don't think that was a second yellow for Jack but its European football so expect a bit stricter reffing. 

The mixed emotions all over the place I understand. Not nice to watch us shrink back into our own half as the game progressed but Im not going to tantrum about it. 

These players have not been here before. Most of them have won nothing or very little of note. In the last week they didn't deliver a cup, after doing nearly everything right on the day, and here they find themselves touching distance of delivering ko European football. The mindset changed from we're doing this to we need to do this then ultimately you could see it was fuck we better do this.

Back at start of the first round we were in I don't think I was alone in saying a good group stage would be great. Well we've had a good group. And we're out of it now. Qualified. A long road but we've got into those pots on Monday. 

We played very well again first half. as annoying as it is to not win the group, the players deserve huge credit for qualifying considering the quality of the opposition- two Champions League regulars plus Feyenoord. It was a long road to even get into the group.

On our day we are superb and are playing some fantastic stuff. I think we'll genuinely give anyone we're drawn against a decent game.

Fingers crossed for the draw now that we avoid any of the heavyweights. 

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Seriously?  The first half was the best we have played all season and we just got into the last 32 of Europe for the first time in a long long time.

I think I'm going to give this place a miss tonight.   

Agreed... Last 32 from pot 4 of qualifying with a manager 2nd season in to the job, guarantee anyone would have bit your hand off at the start of qualifying to be where we are now (especially with the teams in this group). Yes disappointed and yes performance levels dropped, maybe after the exertions of Sunday? I understand the frustration with the subs, thought Stewart should have been on before Ojo, plus at least 1 other. Again disappointed not to have won tonight and disappointed not to have topped the group but proud to be back at the sharp end of European football...

15 minutes ago, bazza010 said:

THAT WAS FUCKING SHOCKING 2ND HALF,DIABOLICAL TACTICS FROM GERRARD

Idiot. Stop shouting.

14 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

I really want to be happy, but this lot better get themselves in the correct mentality now cause tonight was utter garbage....

Can't take much positivity from this tonight. 

Aye, no positives about Europe after Christmas....

10 minutes ago, SURRENDERNO said:

You’ve took that the wrong way mate 

Most people are going to say you take it the wrong way.

1 minute ago, stevemac said:

If you think 800k is buying us (tbh even loaning us) someone of real quality then your deluded. Only way we are buying decent is if we sell some lesser names or let one big player go.

If you think 800k is chump change then you are deluded. Three games in a row we should have won and won none of them!

Just now, Amato said:

We played very well again first half. as annoying as it is to not win the group, the players deserve huge credit for qualifying from that group. It was a long road to even get into the group.

On our day we are superb and are playing some fantastic stuff. I think we'll genuinely give anyone we're drawn against a decent game.

Fingers crossed for the draw now that we avoid any of the heavyweights. 

Fuck that , i would prefer any of the big hitters that are still in it........

Few players miles away from last seasons performances, if they can’t find it again they are no good to us

small margins between getting what we’ve got in this group to  winning every game, we have played so well in all the games but we have a horrendous habit of fucking it up or struggling over the line.

Not in the way that champions do, as in struggle over the line by winning games when we have been poor, I’m talking about struggling over the line in games we should win! 

dunno what the cause is, either the players need to step up to the plate when the pressure is on or they can’t step up, in which case we need better players than them. 

but we’re through which is the main thing, we’d have but yer hand off for that in this group but we should have had the nerve to win the group

No Matter who we draw in the next round, I am sure the atmosphere at Ibrox will be amazing and it's another opportunity for Rangers supporters to show other teams in Europe that we have an amazing Club with amazing support and that the hard times are behind us.

Yeah we may not have one the group tonight, however how amazing will it be if we take the scalp of a bigger team in the next round.

Never forget WATP

2 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Agreed... Last 32 from pot 4 of qualifying with a manager 2nd season in to the job, guarantee anyone would have bit your hand off at the start of qualifying to be where we are now (especially with the teams in this group). Yes disappointed and yes performance levels dropped, maybe after the exertions of Sunday? I understand the frustration with the subs, thought Stewart should have been on before Ojo, plus at least 1 other. Again disappointed not to have won tonight and disappointed not to have topped the group but proud to be back at the sharp end of European football...

Exactly. A bit of luck in the draw and we can still progress

Barisic and big Katic were immense tonight. Pissed off we didn't win the group but will take qualifying for knockout stages. 

We should have won every game in this group. Frustrating we can't finish teams off but I believe it will come.

Also ref was a total cock.

Being disappointed at finishing second, from pot 4....after starting in the 4th round of qualifiers. Just shows you how far we've come. 

Gerrard could have helped alleviate some of the pressure by taking Alfredo off and putting Defoe on. Fresher legs to run at that defence was exactly what we needed. 

However, they came with one game plan.....let us run our cunts in for an hour hope to be level or just a goal down and hit us. IT nearly worked for them. I'm sure if they played the whole game the way they did the last half hour we would have beaten them.

Onwards and upwards!! :UK: 

The Facts.

1st Qualifying Round           image.png.64cf897c712c3d7901dfd78b08e03b12.png

2nd Qualifying Round         image.png.0532d955990436940583627fa229336b.png

3rd Qualifying Round          image.png.fb68e3d2f2338ebf528f51497c7b4262.png

Play-Off Round                        image.png.b7b05469a7cd3bc86f4de211d5d0ceb7.png

Group Stages                             image.png.b2ca9dcc47c8e74ec351fb63fe35431b.png

Round of 32                                image.png.b52dd64fe2459a6d237a341c0d96823b.png

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

Yaaaaassssss......

We go through but yet only Rangers fans can turn it into a fucking funeral.....

So true. Can't believe some of the stuff on here tonight.

European football after Xmas is a great result.

1 minute ago, MarzM said:

Were you watching the fucking game? They had enough chances to sink us and we were fucking shocking in the 2nd half!

Oh Fuck off they did... How many chances did we create? 
We go through and your default position is fucking rage....

I’m disappointed we didn’t win the group and concerned about the 2nd half, but tonight is a positive night. 

Archived