******Official Rangers v Young Boys Thread********

1 minute ago, MarzM said:

However we weren't clinical and that's the issue. If you don't take your chances when you're on top. If they had got another luck bounce we could have been in trouble. Borna's last gasp tackle when they were though...I've seen us through that away before.

We didn't throw it away though.  We probably fucked ourselves in the first half.  Especially after the work we put in during the cup final on Sunday.  We got on the ropes and managed to comes through it.

We are in the last 32, you seem about as angry as I would imagine someone would be had we went out of the cup tonight.

Look on the bright side 🙂

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Lose that equaliser 5 minutes before we did and were out, they would have scored a winner.

That is what is pissing people off, from coasting we almost slit our own throats again, finding brand new ways to lose and brand new ways of basically making a cunt of it.

Hypothetical attention seeking rubbish imo

Sometimes it's a riddy to be a Rangers fan because of other cunts. Think a lot of folk forget how when the group was announced we would have taken 2nd any day. We were 4th pot and where the best team in the group, against 2 champions league dropouts. It was the only group where all 4 teams could have qualified on the last night.

We were the better team throughout, YB had chances but come on to fuck if you think a team won't have some chances against us in 90 minutes and it was a shite own goal equaliser and we got through.

We're sitting up the taigs throat in the league, dominated them in the cup, albeit a bit of shite luck to take it and now we're through to the last 32 of a European cup in almost a decade.

Some cunts just don't want to be happy 

7 minutes ago, gogzy said:

They didn't sink us though, and we utterly shagged them in the first half.  We were miles better in the first than they were in the second.

So much so they should have been walking like a cowboy. 

I know we will start to take more of our numerous chances that we create in every game and pump teams left, right and centre. 

Some of the football we play at times is a joy to watch. 

I know it's been said many times over the years but someone is going to take an utter pounding from us one day soon........2 weeks on Sunday would be a good place to start.

Our domination of games isnt being converted to what matters most.... goals.

We sail far to close to the wind, and unless it's addressed, it will be our undoing once again this season.

With regards to the draw seedings etc, sometimes it's no bad thing facing a Champions league drop out team.

Most chuck Europe after they are papped out the CL. Most arnt interested one bit in the Europa, especially if they are CL regulars.

I want a big name. Arsenal or Man Utd would be great.

5 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

We sail far to close to the wind, and unless it's addressed, it will be our undoing once again this season.

With regards to the draw seedings etc, sometimes it's no bad thing facing a Champions league drop out team.

Most chuck Europe after they are papped out the CL. Most arnt interested one bit in the Europa, especially if they are CL regulars.

In regards to Europe anyway, our domination of games has helped us progress (cause we've always a lead to lose). I will agree with Ally when he said Morelos needs to stop hitting it low and driven at the keeper and hit it up towards the keepers torso and we would convert more chances.

Porto fronted their 1st team and YB were stricken with injuries but we still faced the same teams they would use in the CL, are you suggesting we played lesser teams?

Just now, The Ibrox Derry said:

There are seeded teams we need not fear (eg celtic, Porto) and, when the next round comes along, we’ll be ready.

Don't underestimate the effect of the two previous games which we should have won but put in such a huge, frustrating effort.

Considering our domination, it is incredible that we’ve not won one of them, when we deserved to win all three and win them comfortably.

2 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Couldn't agree more re missing numerous chances when we are all over cunts. We will definitely need to start converting a higher percentage of our chances or it will cost us in the long run. It already did on Sunday :megaanguish:

I believe it will come.

3 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

If you are happy about throwing away 1st spot and an extra £1million quid, then you haven't been watching the Rangers for as long as i have. You must be relatively new at all this.

It never used to be about money so you are talking shite 

Bears and Bearettes........... lets agree the following: -

• We started our Europa journey way back in July, from pot 4.
  • We were the expected 'whipping boys' in a group that included Feyenoord and Porto
  • We got results that helped our progress, both home and away
  • We played at Ibrox tonight for a chance to qualify for the last 32 of the Europa League.
  • Some parts of of our play and game-management were better than others.
  • We have qualified for the last 32............. a scenario 100% of fans would have gladly accepted in July.
  • We have European football to look forward to going into 2020.

I'm delighted.                   (okay, you don't need to agree with that bit)

Just back from the game. 

First half we were all over them and alfie doing what he does best.

Second half just felt that equaliser was inevitable. We just seem to be dropping deeper and deeper.  

Again frustrated at the lack of subs. YB had used their 3 before we made ours. Why we only brought Ojo on I'll never know. 

End of the day but into the last 32 which is a huge accomplishment starting off from round 1. 

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Just back from the game. 

Second half just felt that equaliser was inevitable. We just seem to be dropping deeper and deeper.  

Again frustrated at the lack of subs. YB had used their 3 before we made ours. Why we only brought Ojo on I'll never know. 

End of the day but into the last 32 which is a huge accomplishment starting off from round 1. 

Gerrard and his team are still learning. I agree about the subs. Should have won the league but let’s not lose sight of this accomplishment...

12 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

So much so they should have been walking like a cowboy. 

I know we will start to take more of our numerous chances that we create in every game and pump teams left, right and centre. 

Some of the football we play at times is a joy to watch. 

I know it's been said many times over the years but someone is going to take an utter pounding from us one day soon........2 weeks on Sunday would be a good place to start.

They already have. Just ask Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts. On our day we are superb.

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Just back from the game. 

Because our squad depth is not as strong as we think it is.

Archived