******Official Rangers v Young Boys Thread********

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

As hard as it is people need to put Sunday behind them and realise that if we manage to get European football after Christmas it'll be a fantastic achievement, if we manage to top a group where nobody gave us a chance of progressing even better. 

Massive night ahead and I'm fully confident that we'll get the job done. 

Young Boys never looked up to much in Switzerland and I’m still stunned we never won. Obviously it’s down to their performance across the group games as a whole but Feyenoord and Porto look far better teams based on our games so far.

Still gutted about Sunday but it’s done and in the past now 

Win on Thursday and we’re through top, what an achievement and gives us half a chance of drawing a lesser team and progressing further

We need to get up for it and not let the disappointment of Sunday dampen the atmosphere on one of the clubs biggest nights since 2012 

9 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Win on Thursday and we’re through top, what an achievement and gives us half a chance of drawing a lesser team and progressing further

We need to get up for it and not let the disappointment of Sunday dampen the atmosphere on one of the clubs biggest nights since 2012 

Good positive post 👌

9 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

It’ll be pish atmosphere wise as usual, let’s be honest. UB will be the only ones singing for the vast majority.

29 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Young Boys never looked up to much in Switzerland and I’m still stunned we never won. Obviously it’s down to their performance across the group games as a whole but Feyenoord and Porto look far better teams based on our games so far.

I hope we don’t underestimate them .We have to show desire and be clinical 

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

Penalty to go through who takes it?

Barisic for me.

Think these are daft to speculate about. Barasic seems to be the fashionable shout at the moment for some unknown reason. 

Borna hit 6 for Osiejk and missed his last 2. Would he want to hit them? Good player, but not sure he’s that mentally strong.

Think it has to be someone that wants it and has bottle, rather than technique. Any pro football can stick a penalty in the postage stamp in training, during a pressure situation it’s a different matter. 

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Keep thinking if we had done that at weekend .We could have absolutely hammered the bheasts 

Bar Sheep game .We score first .It’s usually always good result 

I'm worried about this game. I said before match day 1 that YB's would be the best side. I know we should have won in Berne but this will not be as straight-forward as some people have suggested. 

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I'm worried about this game. I said before match day 1 that YB's would be the best side. I know we should have won in Berne but this will not be as straight-forward as some people have suggested. 

I agree .Could me a tricky game .Especially if this weather continues 

9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Think these are daft to speculate about. Barasic seems to be the fashionable shout at the moment for some unknown reason. 

Borna hit 6 for Osiejk and missed his last 2. Would he want to hit them? Good player, but not sure he’s that mentally strong.

Think it has to be someone that wants it and has bottle, rather than technique. Any pro football can stick a penalty in the postage stamp in training, during a pressure situation it’s a different matter. 

Not really we speculate about everything else in a match if you do not want to discuss it fine, but then you did.

10 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Rangers beat Brentford 4-0 today and Stewart scored a penalty. Ha!

Couldn't give a flying fuck about Sunday now it's done and dusted. let's get right in about the Swiss win the game and top the group. Look forward not back the way and some of you stop being so fucking negative we support the gers win lose or draw we move on its the only way.

Archived