If we don't qualify on Thursday

King Jela

2 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Think they must have included all the time wasting at goal kicks, free kicks and throw ins, that is worth 20 minutes alone.

On that note, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a keeper go down within cramp!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Think they must have included all the time wasting at goal kicks, free kicks and throw ins, that is worth 20 minutes alone.

Don't forget sitting on their arse or rolling about on the ground for 5 mins.

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

We don't want a champs league drop out, so winning at Ibrox is very important if we want to give ourselfs a real chance of getting to the last  16.  

Can still get a champions league drop out by finishing top. 8 teams drop out, 4 that drop out with the highest points total are seeded. Other 4 are not. All the europa league group winners are seeded and the second place teams are not. Win our group on Thursday and it means we’re at home in the second leg. 

1 minute ago, SK RFC said:

Can still get a champions league drop out by finishing top. 8 teams drop out, 4 that drop out with the highest points total are seeded. Other 4 are not. All the europa league group winners are seeded and the second place teams are not. Win our group on Thursday and it means we’re at home in the second leg. 

I think so , but to much info this time in the morning 👍

5 minutes ago, SK RFC said:

Nothing can just be simple with UEFA man

No. Although you get the feeling that a few folks want to see the Gers fail so they can say I told you so.

well make light work of young boy’s on Thursday. And the season has got a long way to go yet. celtic can’t get away with playing that bad and still winning on a regular basis and we just have to be ready to take advantage

Enough of the negativity, I think we will win on Thursday to top a group containing some cracking European names. Just get to the next celtic game with the gap at 2 (or 5 allowing for their extra game) and have the chance to strike back. If we play like yesterday we can win that match.  Even a draw would be decent because the tough fixtures flip to them in Jan 

7 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

We're at ibrox, we'll qualify no problem 

there's absolutely no way we'll get 6 points from hibs and Motherwell away

There's a very decent chance we will. And of we do we will be in a great position to take advantage when they hit Jan and have a load of away matches 

It’s a funny one. Lots of people have said Europe is a sideshow, a distraction, but I’m pretty sure they’d be very angry if we went out.

I don’t know - if going out means we have a better  chance of winning the league then it isn’t such a bad thing, but I want to win everything we are in, so hope we can get at least the point we need. However, I think Gerrard really has to start rotating the squad more, at least in Europe.

We have three majors chances to atone for yesterday, the cup, the league and the Europe run. Let’s hope we can pick ourselves up and kick on.

9 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Considering we’ve not won a real trophy in 8 year it’s massive

You're correct mate however anyone referencing 8 years is a little silly. There's not very much we could have done about it for a large period of that time.

It's the same with those calling Tav a loser and a failure. Technically correct but how many chances has he and the team really had and how many times have our squad been good enough? 

We have failed recently though and it hurts like fuck but I do think we're as close as we've ever been. We need to win something. It's the only resolution.

38 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We will score of that I'm confident. What I'm not confident in, is our error prone defence. Barisic excepted of course.

The defence play better in Europe where the game is slower and more technical. We’ve only conceded one goal in six games at home in europe this season.

24 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

You're correct mate however anyone referencing 8 years is a little silly. There's not very much we could have done about it for a large period of that time.

It's the same with those calling Tav a loser and a failure. Technically correct but how many chances has he and the team really had and how many times have our squad been good enough? 

We have failed recently though and it hurts like fuck but I do think we're as close as we've ever been. We need to win something. It's the only resolution.

Mate, I agree but it’s still been a long time, regardless of circumstances.

19 hours ago, gogzy said:

Aye and no.  It is the least important cup but it's still important.  It often sets the tone for the rest of the season.  Winning it settles a bunch of nerves and we go into the xmas run with serious confidence.

I wouldn't be calling it a mickey mouse cup if we had won it today. 

When we owned it, it was a micky mouse trophy.

I'm just looking forward to a good performance on Thursday night play like we did yesterday and we should be home free.

Archived