Who would be your captain?

wearethepeople1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

What’s the fucking obsession with this , take a Velcro strap off someone’s arm and put it on another and we’ll become world beaters , fucking nonsense 

I disagree with you here mate. We have only had 22 captains. It's a big responsibility and a wee bit more than a piece of velcro. Today I haven't bashed Tav because I truly felt sorry for him because he was robbed of hoisting a trophy as captain of Rangers but he ain't no Caldow, Grieg, Butcher, Gough or Fergie when it comes to that role.

The only thing that would force a change of captaincy is injury.  Even if Tavernier had an injury that kept him out for the rest of the season Goldson would get the armband because he’s vice captain.  

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Surely it's whoever entertains cunts the most at press conferences going by recent opinion on here.

Absolute abomination of a thread.

You need to press conference well.

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I disagree with you here mate. We have only had 22 captains. It's a big responsibility and a wee bit more than a piece of velcro. Today I haven't bashed Tav because I truly felt sorry for him because he was robbed of hoisting a trophy as captain of Rangers but he ain't no Caldow, Grieg, Butcher, Gough or Fergie when it comes to that role.

So if one of the other 10 on the pitch today , Aberdeen , celtic at home were captain what would have changed in the outcome of the game ? 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

So if one of the other 10 on the pitch today , Aberdeen , celtic at home were captain what would have changed in the outcome of the game ? 

mibee, not today mate cos I thought Tav was decent today but in the long-term, a captain CAN make a difference. Not sure he is the right candidate. It's a moot point really cos Gerrard has his back.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Naive is thinking an armband makes a difference.

Good teams have leaders all over the park. The captaincy is nothing more than a footballing tradition nowadays.

I do not believe this to be true.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Shut the fuck up

Sorry that you’re upset, but let’s be honest Sutton is spot on. Not just based in today but he is not a Rangers captain, never in a million fucking years. He is a serial loser.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Good teams have leaders all over the park. The captaincy is nothing more than a footballing tradition nowadays.

What a fucking cop out.  you know nothing about teamwork . It is not just a group of 11 individuals u know. It is not simply an armband. It is much more than that. So u saying a captain is not needed and has no function? That it?

Just now, Bluenose-11 said:

Sorry that you’re upset, but let’s be honest Sutton is spot on. Not just based in today but he is not a Rangers captain, never in a million fucking years. He is a serial loser.

I'm not his biggest fan, I never have been but that serial loser patter is fucking nonsense.

6 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

And i hate to say it but it is no surprise that it was brown that got that last minute winner against accies. 

4 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

What a fucking cop out.  you know nothing about teamwork . It is not just a group of 11 individuals u know. It is not simply an armband. It is much more than that. So u saying a captain is not needed and has no function? That it?

I'm saying that you don't need to wear an armband to be a leader so whoever wears the armband is irrelevant. It's not really a difficult thing to understand.

You can have multiple leaders in a team. If you think the only person that leads a team out on the pitch is the one wearing a bit of elastic on their arm then you've not got a clue.

I'm saying that you don't need to wear an armband to be a leader so whoever wears the armband is irrelevant. It's not really a difficult thing to understand.

You can have multiple leaders in a team. If you think the only person that leads a team out on the pitch is the one wearing a big of elastic on their arm then you've not got a clue.

You are talking pish. You are confusing leadership with trying hard. When things not going well in a game and doubt creeps in it is the captain that picks them up.

Is Arfield a serial loser? Ryan Jack? Morelos? Because they've all won less for this club than Tavernier.

I don’t consider the championship and the ramsdens cup as achievements but fair play if you do. It explains your acceptance of mediocre shite in fairness. 

Archived