Our Day Will Come

BridgeIsBlue

3 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

We are a far better footballing team than them and should have cuffed them easily.

Unfortunately come the 29th I don’t think they’ll be as bad as they were. They were a man down in the first half with Morgan up top. If Edouard is fit they have an outball.

Unfortunately this is true. We couldnt capitalise on them having no threat up front and outball up the park . They will be a different proposition with Edouard and their winger back up and running.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What,maybe in another couple of years we might win a league cup if we are lucky and meet a Motherwell or a Hearts in the final? After the filth have surpassed our trophy haul? (Which won't be far away now as it happens). Sick of these threads. Eight years of heartache watching that scum pick up everything is about as much as I can take. At least during barren spells in the past we still picked up the odd silverware. I have absolutely no faith in either this team or manager ever getting us over the line when it matters.

It usually takes me a few days  to recover  after a defeat to them but today I'm not too bad. I believe in this team and if we continue to play the way we do 90% of the time we will win trophies. Our time is coming. Bring on Thursday.

7 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Same posts every season since 2011 and it’s never came yet.

Blind optimism really 

Really don't think it is mate.  We are as close as we have been since we got fucked in 2012.  There has been consistent improvement under Gerrard.

I don't think it's blindly optimistic at all to believe that our time is coming and that Gerrard will be the man to do it.

Yesterday was hard to take but we have gotten 10x better since Gerrard took over IMO.

3 hours ago, MurrayWilson said:

Pish. total and utter. That was in no way a shitebag performance. Go back to the 4 nil semi where the team seemed to actually give up, that was a shitebag performance. If you honestly think that after watching yesterdays game then I really don't know what to think. You could even say last Wednesdays 2nd half was a shitebag performance but not yesterdays. If the officials get the decisions correct and we had a bit more luck then we win the cup. To not acknowledge this and look at it in purely black  and white  terms of winning or not is fuckin ridiculous.

The  performance counts for fuck all if you can’t convert it to a win. We could still be playing now and we wouldn’t have scored yet. Too many losers. 

I think we are now the better team but they still have the winning mentality which isn't really surprising given what they have won in recent years and what we have ... how we change that is difficult to say needless to say we have to win something but the last couple of games show that's easier said that done if you can't put teams away when you're on top 

3 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

You can’t make your own luck. That’s nonsense. You either get lucky or don’t. If you can make your own luck then we could all do it. 

Seriously? 

So the more you shoot does not increase the chance of a deflection that wrong foots the goalie?  Is that not luck?

The more time u spend in the opposition box does not  increase the chances of a defender fucking up and bringing u down to give a penalty? Really? 

What do u count as luck?

This team has my absolute 100% backing. 

After the dust has settled I'm delighted with that performance yesterday.....Yes I know it's all about putting the ball in the net but I'm tellin you that's changing on the 29th.

Fuckin bring it on. Big games before that one but I'm absolutely buzzing to get our hands on these cunts again.

31 minutes ago, dee9 said:

This team has my absolute 100% backing. 

After the dust has settled I'm delighted with that performance yesterday.....Yes I know it's all about putting the ball in the net but I'm tellin you that's changing on the 29th.

Fuckin bring it on. Big games before that one but I'm absolutely buzzing to get our hands on these cunts again.

You're going to be disappointed.

51 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Seriously? 

So the more you shoot does not increase the chance of a deflection that wrong foots the goalie?  Is that not luck?

The more time u spend in the opposition box does not  increase the chances of a defender fucking up and bringing u down to give a penalty? Really? 

What do u count as luck?

Luck is luck. You either get it or you don’t. Are you seriously saying you can create it? Ffs 😂😂😂

55 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Seriously? 

What do u count as luck?

We had many more shots yesterday. A few rebounds fell their way. Their goalie got lucky a couple of times. We had a penalty. The luck went with their goalie based on the probability of picking a side and guessing correctly. Like I said you either get luck or you don’t. It simply cannot be made by anything you do. They had one shot on target and the luck they got was having a blind linesman 😂

9 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

We had many more shots yesterday. A few rebounds fell their way. Their goalie got lucky a couple of times. We had a penalty. The luck went with their goalie based on the probability of picking a side and guessing correctly. Like I said you either get luck or you don’t. It simply cannot be made by anything you do. They had one shot on target and the luck they got was having a blind linesman 😂

The only luck their keeper got was our finishing being shit.

4 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

They could have easily gone 2-0 after our penalty miss I'm fairly sure and what chances did we create in the last 20 minutes which suggests we dominated?

Just had a flashback of one of them through on goal which the wee poof made a total cunt of. Completely forgot about that.

34 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Absolute fatalistic pish.  I was doubtful watching morelos on the run up. U dont think if morelos has his it more to the side he would have made the luck of avoiding the goalie? If he had been watching he may have spotted the cunt off his line and had a biy of luck getting the cunt pulled up.

So take it u agree we dobt need to improve? Just wait until we get lucky?

Archived