Our Day Will Come

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, gogzy said:

Really don't think it is mate.  We are as close as we have been since we got fucked in 2012.  There has been consistent improvement under Gerrard.

I don't think it's blindly optimistic at all to believe that our time is coming and that Gerrard will be the man to do it.

Yesterday was hard to take but we have gotten 10x better since Gerrard took over IMO.

A cup or league win this season or we are no closer than before really.

I'm not really arsed if we are playing good football and getting nothing at the end of it. This team has yet to show they are winners and if we are empty handed at the end of the season against Neil Lennon then that tells me all I need to know.

We have had plenty of chances to end their dominance but have shat the bed every time. I don't see that changing but I'd gladly be proven wrong.

10 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I'm not really arsed if we are playing good football and getting nothing at the end of it. This team has yet to show they are winners and if we are empty handed at the end of the season against Neil Lennon then that tells me all I need to know.

We have had plenty of chances to end their dominance but have shat the bed every time. I don't see that changing but I'd gladly be proven wrong.

I get that winning trophies is our benchmark for success, but being closer than previous seasons is obviously improvement. Suggesting otherwise is just having a whinge.

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

When???

We haven't been closer to them since we returned to the top flight. The progress since Gerard arrived is massive. We are as good, if not better, than them right now (better imo)

But for some horrendous decisions we could/should be 2 points ahead in the league and a trophy in the bag. If anybody shat the bed it's the incompetent (at best) officials who take the easy option when faced with BIG decisions against them or for us. BIG decisions - not HARD decisions . The penalty at Aberdeen, the two fouls in the build up to their winner v Hamilton, the keeper being 2 yards off his line with the linesman looking straight at it and the only job he has to do at that point............ BIG decisions and all clear and easy to call.

5 hours ago, The Godfather said:

I agree with a lot of your post but to say we are no closer because we haven't won a cup or the league yet is just silly.

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

I agree with a lot of your post but to say we are no closer because we haven't won a cup or the league yet is just silly.

Trophies are the marker for success in our environment, were undeniably a better team than at any point since 2012 but if we continue to win nothing then the club and players will be as unsuccessful as every other team we've built under various managers in the last seven years.

12 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Trophies are the marker for success in our environment, were undeniably a better team than at any point since 2012 but if we continue to win nothing then the club and players will be as unsuccessful as every other team we've built under various managers in the last seven years.

That's fair. 

Gerrard is only in the middle of his second season.  He has us winning consistently and we just dominated them for the entire game. 

Obviously silverware is how he will be judged. For me it's about progression and improvement, and we are 100% doing both under Gerrard. We are a better team than we were last year, we are performing better in the league, we got further in the cup than last year. We are one result away from topping the group in Europe and one game away from topping the league domestically.  This is all an improvement on last season.

8 minutes ago, gogzy said:

That's fair. 

Gerrard is only in the middle of his second season.  He has us winning consistently and we just dominated them for the entire game. 

Obviously silverware is how he will be judged. For me it's about progression and improvement, and we are 100% doing both under Gerrard. We are a better team than we were last year, we are performing better in the league, we got further in the cup than last year. We are one result away from topping the group in Europe and one game away from topping the league domestically.  This is all an improvement on last season.

100%

Gerard is the best thing to happen to us since Souness in terms of the effect he's had on the club. Walter was absolutely fantastic and achieved so much but Souness revolutionised the club to allow him to do so.

The change in all aspects of our club in the past 18 months under SG is night and day. We were getting annihilated and ridiculed every time we played those cunts and setting all sorts of unwanted records every other week.

Jurgen Klopp has been at Liverpool for 5 years and has won 2 trophies (albeit the Champions League and the Super Cup), Sir Alex took 4 years to win his first trophy at Man U and 7 years to win the title. Now is the time for cool heads and focused minds and I a certain SG has both.

We've all been on a long hard journey and there's still some miles to go - but when we get there it will be the biggest celebration party Scotland has ever seen

Sunday was so, so sore because we know we should have won it. 

Keep the faith WATP

8 hours ago, Creampuff said:

I get that winning trophies is our benchmark for success, but being closer than previous seasons is obviously improvement. Suggesting otherwise is just having a whinge.

So first  placed loser but by less is the way to go. 

Of course our day will come- we were a far better team last Sunday, we are still in Europe, we are only 2 points behind the jammy cunts.

It was a dreadful feeling to lose to them again and see them celebrating - but you just wait - 

I have supported this club for 60 years, been through the good times and bad times- but what I saw on Sunday, and before anyone said " our time will come " - I said " we will soon wipe the smile of your faces, as our time will come- just you wait and see.

Release the kraken !!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, the cry was no said:

When???

We haven't been closer to them since we returned to the top flight. The progress since Gerard arrived is massive. We are as good, if not better, than them right now (better imo)

But for some horrendous decisions we could/should be 2 points ahead in the league and a trophy in the bag. If anybody shat the bed it's the incompetent (at best) officials who take the easy option when faced with BIG decisions against them or for us. BIG decisions - not HARD decisions . The penalty at Aberdeen, the two fouls in the build up to their winner v Hamilton, the keeper being 2 yards off his line with the linesman looking straight at it and the only job he has to do at that point............ BIG decisions and all clear and easy to call.

Fact is we are not, no matter the reasons.

We could have, should have taken that title last season, but for some horrendous inconsistency in dropping point to utter dross.

We know the landscape and the narrative and it's up to us to overcome it, irrespective of officialdom, otherwise we win nothing.

There are several improvements to be made to that team that is obvious to see.

We do have a soft centre and of we don't address it, beating the scum will become a rarity.

Archived