Alfredo

Real Ranger

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I see SSN are having a wee giggle today using terms like liquidated, reformed, forced to start again in the bottom division and to top it off rolling out Andy fucking walker to tell everybody how haunted Alfredo will be about this fixture.  

Cunts 

Haunted .He missed the penalty but never went hiding after it. I don’t think he’ll dwell on it and will only be interested in putting a shift in on Thursday.

Wasn't to be Alfies day,and not for the want of trying.
Have seen a quote of the figures and not sure where,maybe in a subliminal message. 
16 shots on target for.
I shot on target against.
FFS....the sheep had 9 shots against us.
We are certainly up there with the mega millions team.
Take our frustration out on the hammer throwers at m/well. 

If anyone but Morelos scores and we win no one gives a fuck about Morelos not scoring. He gave them a torrid time. I personally don't care if he never scores against them as long as we are successful. If we are not successful though and he doesn't score he and the team will obviously face some criticism.

Many a shite player has scored in old firm games. It's not the be all and end all. Winning however is.

I would guess that there isn't a fan who thinks Morelos is worth less than £20million. Most will say he's worth more. There have been countless threads saying he's one of our best strikers over the past 20 years. I would agree. He's a top player. Yesterday was tough but it doesn't change how important a player Morelos is for us. Any time he leads the line for us I always believe we have a chance because he's so good.

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

It's in his head. Any other opposition he scores at least 2 yesterday.

The question is do we wait to see if it goes out of his head sometime in the future, which sticking by him arguable has already cost us silverware, or do we make Defoe the main striker for old firm games and bring Alfredo on in the latter stages?

11 games man

I know scoring isn’t purely down to the striker, but when you’re only playing one striker you’d expect a far better return from that amount of games.

Just now, Blueteeth said:

The question is do we wait to see if it goes out of his head sometime in the future, which sticking by him arguable has already cost us silverware, or do we make Defoe the main striker for old firm games and bring Alfredo on in the latter stages?

11 games man

I know scoring isn’t purely down to the striker, but when you’re only playing one striker you’d expect a far better return from that amount of games.

Defoe was garbage at Ibrox and touched the ball once I think yesterday.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Defoe was garbage at Ibrox and touched the ball once I think yesterday.

Defoe hasn’t had nearly the amount of time Alf has had. The team wasn’t set up for Defoe yesterday. It was set up for Alfredo, he didn’t do the business therefore Defoe was shoehorned in.

I wonder if the tables were turned how many games people would be willing to stick by Defoe, I bet it would be no where near 11.

Another day the 'micro breaks' go for Morelos, and go against Forster and Morelos is the one walking away with a 9/10 and the match ball.

I played as a goalie (and as a striker).... and you get days where every time you throw out a limb, the ball hits it. Same when up front, you just get days when everything you hit goes in.

I don't think Morelos did anything particularly bad yesterday. OK, the penalty wasn't great, but it wasn't an appalling effort either.

I'm sure Morelos is fully aware he hasn't scored against them and I'm sure it's fucking killing him. However I don't think it affects him as much as some think and I don't think it affected his overall performance. He played really well yesterday and most of the chances he missed IMO were unlucky. I don't think he snatched at many chances, he never went hiding and kept coming back for more. He obviously just wants it so bad.

In terms of shooting I've always thought Morelos was more a Shearer type than say an Henry. Morelos loves to go with power and hit through the laces. More often he hits it clean, hard and low and for several chances he done that. Most often they go in too. Just gutting none went in.

7 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

Just forced myself to watch yesterday’s highlights and as frustrating as Morelos finishing was, he did give the beggar defence a torrid time, they couldn’t handle his all round play.

A couple of poor attempts but overall luck deserted him on the day.

Have to agree,most of his efforts were on target,on another day he'd have had a hat-trick and more.

16 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

11 games man

Playing Defoe instead isn't the answer. We'd have no outball and in a game like that would be just stupid. We'd still need Morelos to run their defence ragged even if he isn't scoring. 

10 minutes ago, Badger said:

Another day the 'micro breaks' go for Morelos, and go against Forster and Morelos is the one walking away with a 9/10 and the match ball.

I played as a goalie (and as a striker).... and you get days where every time you throw out a limb, the ball hits it. Same when up front, you just get days when everything you hit goes in.

I don't think Morelos did anything particularly bad yesterday. OK, the penalty wasn't great, but it wasn't an appalling effort either.

More or less spot on. The penalty was piss poor, nowhere near a corner and at an easy height for the keeper if he goes the right way. 

Shit happens, any other day we would have gubbed them, normally losing is awful but I genuinely believe we have turned the corner.

Excluding the penalty miss, I though Morelos played well. He was extremely unlucky not to score. The only slight criticism would be the header at the back post. I've seen him score that many times before but he just headed it into the ground a little too much resulting in the bounce to be a comfortable height for Forster. Just one of those days...

37 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

11 games man

No, stick with Alfie. Despite the noises from them today they are shit scared of him. I don’t think we would have played nearly as well in that first 60 mins or so without Alfie there. He did just about everything except score. He just needs to learn to vary his finishes rather than go for power all the time. He could have dinked Forster yesterday but chose to smash low and hard which Forster saved with his foot. Little things like that will make all the difference.

7 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Outwith the penalty miss I don’t think he done an awful lot wrong, tbh.

Yeah brought my self to watch the highlights and agree, the big twat in goals just had one of those days, it was almost a howler he made of the one that he let slip under/through him, on another day that skiddles into the net.

7 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Better players than Alfie miss penalties, the greatest of them all, Messi, has missed more than his share.

But not in a cup final against the scum mate ..... the comparison with Messi .... although well intentioned ..... unfortunately does not relieve the pain felt by everyone at our best goal scorer missing a vital chance to change the game.

His overall play was as good as I have seen him play all season ..... again unfortunately ..... he was up against a goalkeeper who will never in a million years play better than he did yesterday ..... never.

That keeper won the game for them and probably will never have to work so hard in his life ...... most ... though not all of our team played that mob off the park ..... only he gets full marks for his efforts .... other than being off his line for the penalty .... another fuck up by the "officials" ..... along with the goal.

Alfedo's miss was hard to take .... as were some of our piss poor efforts from others at corners ..... I just hope he manages to end them in the next game .... thereby ending his duck.

No matter how many times I play over in my mind the Jack missile heading for the top corner and Alfredo's penalty .... that should have been retaken ... not to mention three of the scum being offside for their stolen goal ... it will never change the scoreline .... can't wait for Thursday to get pumped up again and to put this one behind me. 

🇬🇧

7 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

No, stick with Alfie. Despite the noises from them today they are shit scared of him. I don’t think we would have played nearly as well in that first 60 mins or so without Alfie there. He did just about everything except score. He just needs to learn to vary his finishes rather than go for power all the time. He could have dinked Forster yesterday but chose to smash low and hard which Forster saved with his foot. Little things like that will make all the difference.

He needs to be less greedy as well, there was a couple of times he could have played someone else in and didn’t. This is a big weakness to his game and surprisingly it can be a strength at times.

There was no one able to mix up their play more than Michael Mols and this unpredictability made his job easier. The goalkeeper or defenders didn’t know what was going to happen next and no doubt apart from the difficult  logistics of defending against him, it made them nervous.

Just now Alf is in the, if he gets the ball he’s going to blast it at the goal territory. Apart from headers obviously. I think he really has to learn to mix it up more, and confuse the opposition into leaving things more open for him or another attacking player. 

Just now, bluenoz said:

Sutton, Brazil and Jackson all having a dig at Morelos for different reasons. He's a cheat, a car crash and he's no Edouard. Scottish journalism really know how to get under my skin.

It's fucking scandalous mate. BT tweeted the coming together with Julien stating it as naughty. He isn't even fucking looking at the cunt. In fairness every response to the tweet is saying it's fucking nonsense.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Sutton, Brazil and Jackson all having a dig at Morelos for different reasons. He's a cheat, a car crash and he's no Edouard. Scottish journalism really know how to get under my skin.

They want us to lose him, but can’t be seen to praise him, lest he goes for big money. It is a weird place for them to be in. 

22 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

It's fucking scandalous mate. BT tweeted the coming together with Julien stating it as naughty. He isn't even fucking looking at the cunt. In fairness every response to the tweet is saying it's fucking nonsense.

David Thompson calling it out for what it is. 

Screenshot_20191209-154136_Samsung Internet.jpg

Archived