REFEREES (& LINESMEN)

WATP-FOREVER

33 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Clearly the offside was a travesty,  but don't get why folk are taking exception to this and the encroachment. Happens all the time and almost never gets called.

I'm sure I read somewhere at the start of the season that there was a new push on to ensure a goalie didn't move before the kick was taken . At the start there were a few penalty kicks retaken , it's probably slowly died a death now though . 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Badger said:

I was confused as to how there was any debate in that one. Of the 3 penalty claims, that one looked the most obvious! I don't think Brown meant it, but..... it's a clear infringement. 

Frimpongs, was a penalty, but you often see them not given, and Johnston at the end..... occasionally they get given, but more often than not they don't.

I’ve  no doubt that Colum ignored it as he was contemplating the incoming attention (all negative from the usual suspects) of awarding 2 penalties to Rangers the same game against them, however like yourself there is no excuse when you can review an incident in real time with the aid of numerous camera angles. Ridiculous incompetence or just cognitive bias, take your pick...

16 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Another subject, but the very same soft touch that we are. 

If Craig whyte would have done to paedo fc what he did to us, even overlooking admin, but the fact that he took over and paid fuck all tax, vat, corporate and/or paye - I'd suggest he would not be here today - never mind writing a fckn book. 

His head would be hanging from a bridge or hanging from a cell block , the bheasts would have killed him absolutely

59 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

VAR 

it’s the way football is going, I think if the dinosaurs at the SFA can do anything right they have to get this up and running, we haven’t even got goal line technology so  can’t see it happening.

even if it’s only used in semi final and finals it’s a step forward.

Scotland are getting left behind as per usual because the people who run the show are fuckin idiots.

put it this way if we had VAR we are top of the league with a cup in the bag.

It won't even get a mention until their 10 is done and dusted IMO . It would be much harder to cheat with it . Even although I'm not a fan .

However we are cup winners if we had it at weekend . Easily

Said it at the Hamilton and Hearts game. The gaffer should have been out asking why fucking rats like Naismith are getting away with constant fouling without any bookings?

Waiting until after we drop points makes him look like a sore loser, so come out and slaughter the officials before it gets too late and costs a big decision in a big game (tarrier goal). 

27 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I'm sure I read somewhere at the start of the season that there was a new push on to ensure a goalie didn't move before the kick was taken . At the start there were a few penalty kicks retaken , it's probably slowly died a death now though . 

only for Scottish women.

It's been this way for years cause the taigs campaign of intimidation against the refs which has totally fucked the game in this country.

We should be bringing in foreign refs for big games and finals etc cause the scottish referees are just pish.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

We are definitely on a bad spell. Big decisions are going against us. Feyenoord away (pen) Aberdeen (pen), celtic (offside). Decisions that have caused us qualification (to date), two points and a cup. 

Young Boys away we were denied a stick on penalty too.

2 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

No idea if there's a similar topic?

The point is; in the aftermath of any game, not just yesterday's, it is easier for a referee to reject or overlook a valid claim or even a 50/50 claim against Rangers than it is to award in the favour of Rangers.

Last 2 games:

A.deen 2 Rangers 2 Beaton actually apologises to Gerrard post match for not awarding a blatant penalty when he was 3 yards away. 

Rangers 0 celtic 1 - blatant three (3) celtic players offside from their goal scoring free kick. Any linesman/referee would have picked up at least one of those three.

If you don't award a valid decision in the favour of Rangers - nothing happens - it is over post match interview. The dust settles and everyone goes home. 

If we'd have scored a goal in the opposite circumstances yesterday, there would have been pandemonium - even call for foreign refs to take over - which has happened.

We're an absolute soft touch Ladies & Gents.

they got a dubious goal in Hamilton match. there was two fouls leading to their winner. 

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

We are actually and our players don't complain enough. We should be down the ref's throat.

Our management should (hopefully they have been) creating hell behind the scenes at the SFA today and pointing out why officials are making these kind of decisions, they are frightened to make a call against the scum in case they make a mistake and their families and them come to harm.

2 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

First month SG was at the club he made this point and guess what, unlike them all that was directed at the club was MSM ridicule. What’s needed is success and performance levels on a constant basis that poor officialdom does not make a difference...

While that is true we need the Club to fight fire with fire. Why do they get away with what they say and we do not. 

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

For me it goes back to the referee strike they caused. That for me was the beginning of them getting at refs. 

If we want things to change we need to fight fire with fire. Starting calling out the rotten decisions and actually stick to it. We seem to do this occasionally then we let it cool off. 

We need to heap the pressure on the higher levels of the game. 

This by 100%, but I am not sure our CEO will do it or anyone on the board. It is so fucking frustrating. 

Sutton  being negative    on Morelos?

No surprise there ,he chips away at Alfredo thoughout his commentary his asides...'he goes down too easily'...''he makes the most of situations'

It reminds me so much of Gerry Mc Nee  and his very  similar agenda against 'the No 8   of Rangers'.

Clear bias about our best player.

Institutional bias against Rangers?

You will have the media pundits reaching for their long spoons to scoff and real off endless tripe about whataboutery ,paranoia, and what goes around comes around and other lame excuses.

Never mind the evidence and sheer  incompetence which leads  to the loss of crucial games.

All we can do is keep track of what is going on and demonstrate the pattern that is emerging.

26 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

While that is true we need the Club to fight fire with fire. Why do they get away with what they say and we do not. 

The taig narrative. Their infuence accross the game and in the media in general.

The club really don't fight our corner. The best chance of anyone listening is by taking that title. Until then we are also rans making a noise and fobbed off as sour grapes.

24 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

This by 100%, but I am not sure our CEO will do it or anyone on the board. It is so fucking frustrating. 

I get that our board want to avoid being compared to them by having a go at officials. 

But we will continue to see calls like yesterday until we start to push back.

We want to see the rules being applied better and fairly for both sides.  That's our end goal. 

Forget whatever pish the MSM try and spin

6 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I get that our board want to avoid being compared to them by having a go at officials. 

But we will continue to see calls like yesterday until we start to push back.

We want to see the rules being applied better and fairly for both sides.  That's our end goal. 

Forget whatever pish the MSM try and spin

Symptomatic of the sad state of affairs in Scotland where the country is run by tim minded folk for other tim minded folk and their multiple relatives and cronies. 

Bigger picture, still way above our board, is still haunting us here. The new establishment of lefty minded SNP and and similar minded Labour people run the country and who knows what else now, 

Good honest Protestant Gers supporting folk can fight against this by not voting SNP/Labour on Thursday. 

Simples. 

2 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Caught a few sickening seconds of the slug Sutton going on about how they were cheated for years.
Abslotue horrible scabby bastards.

Some of the crap he was spouting after they went in front was ridiculous,every minute he was demanding Morelos be booked for something or other,b'tard.

30 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The taig narrative. Their infuence accross the game and in the media in general.

The club really don't fight our corner. The best chance of anyone listening is by taking that title. Until then we are also rans making a noise and fobbed off as sour grapes.

IF we could get 55 it would be fantastic B A and the tarriers would be in meltdown, whether we can with decisions like yesterday and Wed happening I do not know.

I will certainly no be giving up hope at the moment that is for sure.

Archived