New Contracts

Dan Deacon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

I don't think it's worth signing  Defoe if he's on Mega money tbh. 

Given his age and reducing game time I doubt he’ll be on much.  He.’s probably just happy to be staying and getting another year of football.  

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I don’t see the point in extending Defoe.

I think we need to start being more sensible with cash. Can't see the point in spending big on players we don't really need (let's use our youths!) and then having to sell our best players to balance the books

Just now, berkshirebear said:

If that's the case then brilliant, but I reckon we will pay him a big wage. 

Whatever it is, Gerrard will be comfortable with it within his overall budget. We'll likely never know, but it wont be near EPL levels, not for a secondary striker with no sell on value.

7 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

I think we need to start being more sensible with cash. Can't see the point in spending big on players we don't really need (let's use our youths!) and then having to sell our best players to balance the books

then when these youths dont work out and start getting pelters from the ibrox crowd  where are we than  if you look at middleton and mcpake they cannot get a game for hibs and dundee

Have all the got pass marks for the season so far? Yes

Have any shown any signs of losing their edge, fitness or age affecting them, lack of heart for the battle ahead? No

Folk negative for the sake of it, or prerry naive thinking we'll get better whilst taking chance of the new player not settling in quickly etc.

59 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

bit late - that horse bolted when we spent 11M on Helander and Kent 

Happy with a new deal for shagger, Defoe and Davis I’m not sure. Yes they’ve been good this season but we’re not even half way through yet and they’re at an age where they can’t go on much longer, will they still be able to do it at the level we require over a year from now? I hope the club have got this right because they’ll still both be on good money and I can’t help but feel that could be better spent on younger players.

Archived