***Europa League Last 32 Draw***

G.E.C.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said the other day I would take anyone as we have earned the right to be in the draw.

Braga though is a smashing draw. Obviously it will be a difficult tie that goes without saying however I'm quietly confident and I'm sure the gaffer and players will be aswell.

Bring it on!!!!

2 hours ago, Klos' Glove said:

Ties in reverse order of difficulty (IMO):

Malmo

Braga

Espanyol

LASK

Gent

Istanbul

Basel

Arsenal

Man United

Benfica

Sevilla

Salzburg

Inter Milan

Ajax

Any of the first 6 we can be reasonably confident, and of the last 4 not so much.

Cant argue with that :)

Feel like its one of the best draws we could of got and very hopeful of making the last 16.

26 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Some people are underestimating them massively and just looking at their league form. They won 1-0 at Wolves and drew 3-3 at home. It's certainly a winnable tie but it's not going to be easy! Won 4 out of 6 group matches(drew other two) scoring 15 goals in the process.

Yeah it’s easy to look at the name and think easy tie, but they are no mugs. Still rather be facing them then one of the “elite” teams though.

All going to hinge on the first game I think. If, and it’s a big if, we can go over there with a lead and no away goal conceded then I would fancy us to finish the job. If they score at Ibrox I think we will struggle to get through.

Whilst any team in this competition at this stage are no mugs, we can beat Braga, no doubt. Would have preferred second game at home, but I am not sure if the seeding situation made that impossible. One thing for certain, Ibrox will be the proverbial Bear Pit that night which should help us get a lead to take over to Portugal.

11 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Yeah it’s easy to look at the name and think easy tie, but they are no mugs. Still rather be facing them then one of the “elite” teams though.

All going to hinge on the first game I think. If, and it’s a big if, we can go over there with a lead and no away goal conceded then I would fancy us to finish the job. If they score at Ibrox I think we will struggle to get through.

They got 14 points in the group stages. Only Seville got better

Archived