The difference between the two 1/2's

Virtuoso

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, fernando0606 said:

We all would have taken qualification when the draw came out. 

Of course we would, but in the last eight days:

Throw away a 2 nil lead to the sheep

Lose to a vastly and out-played bheast fc side

Chuck the chance to go top of our group.

As I said, frustrating as fuck...

1 minute ago, Virtuoso said:

Yeah when you put it like that it would have been nice, previous 2 games have been disappointing.  Let's get a few past Motherwell on sunday!!

1 minute ago, Virtuoso said:

It’s devastating. I Will take the qualification, I’d have bit your hand off before the group. but there is escaping what could have been in the last few games 

onwards and upwards tho

What annoys me there is we had a chance to come 1st in a competition and have thrown it away, Just adds fuel to the we have no winning mentality crap, Should have won comfortably tonight! we need to stop fannying around and start killing teams off, Feel like we are passing about too much our play needs to be more direct at times.

We missed the composure of a Steve Davis tonight in the middle of the park and that should be a concern.

When you constantly turn possession over to the opposition,as we did in that 2nd half,then it's never going to turn out to good.

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Just like at Aberdeen absolutely dominating then we got sloppy, nervy, made wrong decisions and mistakes, giving the woeful opposition confidence.

Need to knock that shite to fuck as itll continue to hurt us.

I always believe the manner in which things are done is a more important predictor of future success as the result on the night. 

beyond delighted that we have qualified from this group but we have been very bipolar again. We can be a fucking joy to watch and then suddenly from nowhere we shoot ourselves in the foot. 

Even on a night that is definitely for celebrating it worries me to fuck 

17 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Speaks volumes that we're upset at not tipping a side like Porto to win the group. 

We still forget that we're coming up against sides who are used to playing European football year after year, whilst this squad of players are just starting out. 

Quarter finalists of cl last year and weve come a ball hair away from beating them into top spot 

36 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

We've completely dominated for at least 45 minutes of all three games and come away with a defeat and holding on for two draws by the skin of our teeth. 

It seems like as soon as one or two players drop their level the rest are dragged down and they just fall apart and look like they've forgotten how to play football.

But we're through, which is a great achievement but 100% focus needs to be on the league now starting with another tough game on Sunday.

38 minutes ago, fernando0606 said:

We all would have taken qualification when the draw came out. 

Well said. We could make 15 to 20 million pounds from this competition. Playing in the last 32 again will be a great buzz. Last time was 8 years ago. Back in about it again at last.

So very proud of our players. management and staff tonight.

I hope this spurs us on to greater things. 

48 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Agreed but it’s things we’ll learn from. This is a thrown together team, we’ve barely kept players to bed in together over the last 8 years. We need to build a squad long term and get coherency, it’ll come. 

11 minutes ago, bornabear said:

BREAKING NEWS.

Team from pot 4 qualifies for Europa Cup knockout round.

Further breaking news

Team leading the table into matchday 6 blow a lead in final game, to an absolutely howling poor opposition, and fuck their incredible top place finish.

Archived