Virtuoso

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Virtuoso said:

Of course we would, but in the last eight days:

Throw away a 2 nil lead to the sheep

Lose to a vastly and out-played bheast fc side

Chuck the chance to go top of our group.

As I said, frustrating as fuck...

I think we should withdraw from the competition in shame.

After massive disappointment on Sunday the team were under tremendous pressure. 

We had to get a result tonight to stop the rot and did. There was a real danger that everything could have unravelled very quickly. Thankfully we showed sufficient character to get a positive result.

Pleased for Stevie and the lads.

1 hour ago, Darrenmt7 said:

What annoys me there is we had a chance to come 1st in a competition and have thrown it away, Just adds fuel to the we have no winning mentality crap, Should have won comfortably tonight! we need to stop fannying around and start killing teams off, Feel like we are passing about too much our play needs to be more direct at times.

like the fucking Chris Sutton fan club on here at times 

I’m happy as fuck we qualified tbh.

But it still worries me how we allow inferior opposition to get in our faces and dismantle our game plan. Young boys were pish tonight and still got a point.
We have come a long way, but when you look at the sheep game and tonight’s game in isolation, our game management has been very poor.

8 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Well that's that then they must have got beyond Morelos constantly.

I stated 4 facts, three shots plus a header that occurred inside the box by players other than Morelos (there were others) that you said didn't happen. I think you just like to argue.

1 minute ago, Brown Brogues said:

I’m happy as fuck we qualified tbh.

But it still worries me how we allow inferior opposition to get in our faces and dismantle our game plan. Young boys were pish tonight and still got a point.
We have come a long way, but when you look at the sheep game and tonight’s game in isolation, our game management has been very poor.

👏👏👏

5 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

like the fucking Chris Sutton fan club on here at times 

Like how you highlighted it in a way that I clearly wasn't meaning I said it adds fuel to that CRAP, I do think this team can win something but we let ourselves down at times when we have been excellent in a game. 

1 hour ago, Darrenmt7 said:

Like how you highlighted it in a way that I clearly wasn't meaning I said it adds fuel to that CRAP, I do think this team can win something but we let ourselves down at times when we have been excellent in a game. 

Realise i responded to your comment but mines, ambiguous when i reread it, was more of a general moan.  Fed up with folk saying we dont have a winning mentality.  

7 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I stated 4 facts, three shots plus a header that occurred inside the box by players other than Morelos (there were others) that you said didn't happen. I think you just like to argue.

Plenty to argue about on here on a daily basis so If I loved to argue my post count would double every month.

3 shots plus a header. Now count all the times the ball went wide to Aribo, Kent or even Morelos peeling off and receiving it wide and there was only one body in the box, and in the case of Morelos getting it wide, none at all.

1 hour ago, don logan said:

Wonder how many teams have ever made it from the first qualifying round to the last 32?

As far as im aware its only Rangers. 2nd team to get through 4 qualifiers into league section, 1st to do it twice and only team to get through group having done so. Could be wrong but think that's the case.

1 minute ago, MurrayWilson said:

Definitely that would help.  Loads of times last night nothing happened at the end of a promising move cos of this.

Morelos ends up having to take a shot from a tight angle when there's little or no chance of beating the keeper. Then that goes down as a missed "chance" and everyone rattles on about him having 6 or 7 chances and missing them most or all of them. Happened a few times on Sunday as well. The header and penalty were the only real chances he had, the rest were through bodies between him and the goal and I give him credit for even working the keeper in those instances.

9 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Definitely that would help.  Loads of times last night nothing happened at the end of a promising move cos of this.

Absolutely. Even SG had a wee dig in one of this post match interviews basically saying ‘someone should have been there’ for the tap in after Morelos’ shot was parried. We need a dangerous RW who also has an instinct for scoring. 

Archived