Thoughts on Aribo?

BlueSuedeSambas

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Playing as a winger/wideman.

I still thought his final pass was wasteful on a few occasions but his skills and quick feet meant he was a constant threat until he tired towards the end. He’s certainly more effective when he’s given freedom to play further up the park than he is when he plays deeper in a midfield three.

Do you think we should keep using him out there rather than in a central position where it’s harder to get away with drifting in and out games or is it just a stop gap until Jones is fit or we sign somebody else in January?

thought tonight kent should have been played wide and Joe told to have a free role  

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I still thought his final pass was wasteful on a few occasions but his skills and quick feet meant he was a constant threat until he tired towards the end. He’s certainly more effective when he’s given freedom to play further up the park than he is when he plays deeper in a midfield three.

Do you think we should keep using him out there rather than in a central position where it’s harder to get away with drifting in and out games or is it just a stop gap until Jones is fit or we sign somebody else in January?

Superb first half as of Sunday 

wasteful second half as of Sunday 

Willing to take it in the neck but at this stage I reckon he’s utter dog shit. Overall think he’ll flatter to deceive and we’ll punt him for a small profit - not up for the fight.

5 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

I stuck 50 quid on him at half time to score the next goal at 14/1, wish he would just stick the laces through it sometimes, instead of doing that daft move ov his all the time.

Thought he played well first half.

How long you had this gambling problem?

Genuinely think he's played really well in the last few games he's played wide. He's a bit slow in terms of pace, and decision making but his ball control is unbelievable at times.

What's not going so good is the fact that we have lacked wins since he's gone out-wide - not that I think there's a correlation there though.

2 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Genuinely think he's played really well in the last few games he's played wide. He's a bit slow in terms of pace, and decision making but his ball control is unbelievable at times.

What's not going so good is the fact that we have lacked wins since he's gone out-wide - not that I think there's a correlation there though.

I think 2nd half he stayed wide, shagger kept trying to find him at kick outs and ended up to far away from Morelos to link up.

To be honest I've not been a fan but he did play better last night. 

However I will stick by that he and Arfield can't play in the same team as they are far too similar and end up getting in each others way. 

I'd much rather we played a natural winger rather than force him or Arfield out there. 

Like Arfield I think he has skills that works at that RM position but its not where he is suited. 
He would be dynamite for us in a 4-2-3-1 behind Morelos where he plays for Nigeria but in Gerrards 4-3-3 when central hes far too deep to show his skills and eye for a pass.  Having him playing ahead of Davis and Jack instead of in line with them would get the best out of him. 

12 hours ago, DBBTB said:

He should playing off the striker if arfield isnt available for that role

Problem with scottish football is that teams park the bus against us, so he's never got that much space as he had last night

Archived