********** Official Motherwell v Rangers Thread ***********

Bears r us

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Not away to arguably the 3rd best team in the country. Who will play like it’s their cup final. 

It will be interest to see what SG does, saying that we've just had Europa League progress. Imho I think he will rotate the team

10 hours ago, TMB said:

I’d like to see Aribo in central midfield and Greg Stewart given a chance wide right.  Beyond that, same team as Thursday.

I’d like to see Stewart get a bit more game time. Might not be the best player but seems to find himself in the right place at the right time more often than not.

1 hour ago, AdzKyle said:

I would drop/rest Arfield for a few games. He’s had a lot going on and could give the likes of Docherty a game in the middle of the park. Stewart deserves a start wide right. 

Docherty hasnt played all season no way he will or should be put in against the 3rd best team in country. Stewart could be a shout but dont think Aribo has done much wrong there

Seen Bara ,Katic and the scarlet pimpernel out having a few drinks last night .All watching what they were eating and drinking water .Bara had no socks on 🤪and it was Baltic .European thing eh .All left the place around 10 .So clearly there was a night before the game curfew 

Tempted to get a selfie but my lady friend wasn’t haven’t it 😄

2 hours ago, AdzKyle said:

I would drop/rest Arfield for a few games. He’s had a lot going on and could give the likes of Docherty a game in the middle of the park. Stewart deserves a start wide right. 

Airfield was superb on Thursday night .No way he is being left out for this one 

50 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Prediction today is at least 3 Rangers flags to one of theirs get displayed.

My prediction 

As it’s such a hard away  game .Expect a  ref that gives us fuck all afternoon 

I know you will know where I’m coming from 

9 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I think SG might rotate the team a bit over the next few games, to protect those playing in the European games from hatchet men injuries.

Europe is parked until February ,in the words of our esteemed manager .It’s all systems go for the league title in coming weeks .No rotation .Just the strongest physical side .We can’t afford any lightweight passengers against Well and Hivs .That is for sure  

Could be one for Stewart to come in and freshen it up imo, knows the Scottish game and to grind it out up-top.

Gut tells me it’s not going to be pretty and a wee bit lethargic. Take a 1-3 though!

7 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Defoe could be a shout, because of the weight of that final and European game just after on Alfie. Not saying that I’d do it myself but that might be a change we’ll see.

Hopefully not, this is the type of physical game that we really need Alf for. 

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

Airfield was superb on Thursday night .No way he is being left out for this one 

He was. Much better performance, same from Aribo. But neither is a right winger. Arfield plays much better in the middle. Hopefully Aribo keeps up with the improved performances. 
I just think Arfield still isn’t quite right. 
But you know Gerrard, will be very little changes and the same formation tactics and subs. 
3-1 Gers

Archived