********** Official Motherwell v Rangers Thread ***********

Bears r us

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Confident for today, we’ve been playing really well, just failed to convert all the chances. Would give Defoe 30/40 minutes in this game beside Morelos. 

Used to cry out for that myself. But every time we go 4-4-2 we play shockingly badly. 

5 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

No Ojo. Has Gerrard finally realised he’s just not good enough? I hope so. 

I live in hope that the whole 2024 Gerrard/Klopp contract renewals are a sign that Liverpool will give SG some actual good players in January as they want him to start winning and ultimately be ready for the Liverpool job. 

28 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

He was. Much better performance, same from Aribo. But neither is a right winger. Arfield plays much better in the middle. Hopefully Aribo keeps up with the improved performances. 
I just think Arfield still isn’t quite right. 
But you know Gerrard, will be very little changes and the same formation tactics and subs. 
3-1 Gers

Fir park is never a place for wingers , that is for sure :p:

14 minutes ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

I'm starting to get worried that we aren't rotating players with all these games. Players were shattered in that 2nd half midweek.

If we start to get a lot of injuries then it will also point toward poor use of our squad.

It's difficult, we need to win every game, so we are obliged to play our strongest 11 every game. I guess we can only hope that we put teams away early and can substitute key players to give them a rest.

I don't think our squad is really that strong, I think our first 11 are. But then there's only a couple of players I'd feel we can substitute in without lowering the team's quality by too much.

I think we have to trust the players, gaffer and the fitness, strength and conditioning team.

We've put a lot into the last week but we have a young, hungry team who will be recovering well after each game. If everyone is fresh and ready to go, it's our strongest team. Guys like Katic, Kent, Borna, Kamara, Aribo have had wee breaks here and there too so should be fresh and guys like Tav, Jack and Morelos just love playing and have great energy levels. 

Pretty confident to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think we have to trust the players, gaffer and the fitness, strength and conditioning team.

We've put a lot into the last week but we have a young, hungry team who will be recovering well after each game. If everyone is fresh and ready to go, it's our strongest team. Guys like Katic, Kent, Borna, Kamara, Aribo have had wee breaks here and there too so should be fresh and guys like Tav, Jack and Morelos just love playing and have great energy levels. 

Pretty confident to be honest.

As long as our training sessions in between are not too intensive I'd hope we wouldn't have too much of a problem. I'm sure Gerrard understands more than any of us not to overload the players.

Archived