Sign in to follow this  
Bears r us

********** Official Motherwell v Rangers Thread ***********

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think we have to trust the players, gaffer and the fitness, strength and conditioning team.

We've put a lot into the last week but we have a young, hungry team who will be recovering well after each game. If everyone is fresh and ready to go, it's our strongest team. Guys like Katic, Kent, Borna, Kamara, Aribo have had wee breaks here and there too so should be fresh and guys like Tav, Jack and Morelos just love playing and have great energy levels. 

Pretty confident to be honest.

As long as our training sessions in between are not too intensive I'd hope we wouldn't have too much of a problem. I'm sure Gerrard understands more than any of us not to overload the players.

Laudrup1984 likes this

I predict we will get booted up in the air from the start but the first booking will come in the first half against us. 

I also reckon the next few games Alfredo will be targeted and his ‘petulance’ will constantly be spoke about leading to a day off on the 29th 

paranoid protestant loyal 

8 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Thought the gaffer said he needed a large squad to be able to rotate in games like this. Mustn't have too much faith in his back up

Do you? Personally I don't.

I think it's something we have to look into because people like King, Barker, Stewart, Flanagan, Docherty, Halliday, Polster don't fill me with confidence that they'll be able to step in and perform to anywhere near the same level as the first picks.

Rangers_no1 and Malkytfp1 like this

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Is Ojo injured?

If he’s just been left out then i suspect he’ll be returning to Liverpool in January.

Hopefully, can't be arsed with the lad. As much steel about him as a... muffin

STEPPS BOY likes this

4 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

I think it's something we have to look into because people like King, Barker, Stewart, Flanagan, Docherty, Halliday, Polster don't fill me with confidence that they'll be able to step in and perform to anywhere near the same level as the first picks.

I have no faith in them either but what I think he means is Gerrard said he needs a big enough squad to rotate. 

Just now, pollok-bear said:

I have no faith in them either but what I think he means is Gerrard said he needs a big enough squad to rotate. 

I think our squad's big enough mate, it is just filled with mediocrity.

Is King that shite he can't get a game even when Davis is out? I'm not saying drop Jack, but generally Davis and Jack would be playing together.

pollok-bear likes this

I think that is what the problem is we have made a lot of poor signings over the last couple of seasons and to rotate and play those fringe players would severely weeken us. We have some amount of dross to move on yet and it is holding us back when it comes to making changes game to game. 

pollok-bear and Blueteeth like this

14 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Thought the gaffer said he needed a large squad to be able to rotate in games like this. Mustn't have too much faith in his back up

You’d think by now Stewart and either one of Polster, King or Docherty would be trusted today but you’d be wrong. Either not getting enough chances or completely shite. 

Blueteeth likes this

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

You’d think by now Stewart and either one of Polster, King or Docherty would be trusted today but you’d be wrong. Either not getting enough chances or completely shite. 

I'd say completely

1932517580_celticfanshite.jpg.1cf78064a00bff03115d38acc4d76b9e.jpg

13 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Said in the summer our squad was bloated and too many players of similar ability not good enough to step in for games like today. 

We could get rid of about 8 players and bring in three quality players and the squad would be better off imo.

Blueteeth and TEFTONG like this