Will it ever be a level playing field again ?

BLUEDIGNITY

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Black Catholic and Foreign the Holy trifecta of victimhood at ScumFC. 

Like to think I'm pretty balanced on here so when I watched Morelos do his celebration in real time, I was like oh no, the ref's gonna do him and send him off for that.  That's a reflection on the refs, not just Morelos.  Whether it's right that the ref did him for it is up for debate, but it was the very first thought that crossed my mind.   When Alfredo went to our fans and the ref was there making sure nothing more came of it, my gut instinct was that the ref was just going to have a word with him after it and I felt relieved.  Which would have been what I would class as "good, sensible" refereeing.   There's no doubt in my mind that if 90% of other SPL players did that, that's what the ref would've done, it would've been a quiet word and a warning that he was off next iffy challenge he made.  At which point Defoe would've been on quicker than Morelos would've had time to complain.  But the ref sniffed an opportunity and knew it could be seen as "technically" correct.

However, as we know, Morelos and Rangers (Halliday, Candeias as examples of this "type" never mind the other obvious ones in the last week) are being refereed to a different standard.  The multitude of social media pictures of "others" committing the same "crime" as Morelos prove that.

I'm annoyed at Morelos giving the ref an opportunity that he must now know will be gleefully exploited.  I'm even more annoyed that we are being unfairly treated (again) and we are doing nothing about it. 

2 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Like to think I'm pretty balanced on here so when I watched Morelos do his celebration in real time, I was like oh no, the ref's gonna do him and send him off for that.  That's a reflection on the refs, not just Morelos.  Whether it's right that the ref did him for it is up for debate, but it was the very first thought that crossed my mind.   When Alfredo went to our fans and the ref was there making sure nothing more came of it, my gut instinct was that the ref was just going to have a word with him after it and I felt relieved.  Which would have been what I would class as "good, sensible" refereeing.   There's no doubt in my mind that if 90% of other SPL players did that, that's what the ref would've done, it would've been a quiet word and a warning that he was off next iffy challenge he made.  At which point Defoe would've been on quicker than Morelos would've had time to complain.  But the ref sniffed an opportunity and knew it could be seen as "technically" correct.

However, as we know, Morelos and Rangers (Halliday, Candeias as examples of this "type" never mind the other obvious ones in the last week) are being refereed to a different standard.  The multitude of social media pictures of "others" committing the same "crime" as Morelos prove that.

I'm annoyed at Morelos giving the ref an opportunity that he must now know will be gleefully exploited.  I'm even more annoyed that we are being unfairly treated (again) and we are doing nothing about it. 

I’ll repeat what I’ve said already mate, you can’t be annoyed at Mo if what he did is exactly what he does to us as a Get In There gesture and when you watch it that is exactly what it is he doesn’t place his other hand on the arm he throws in the air he simply punches the air, he does have a pop as he’s running towards them by pointing to his ears to say I can’t hear you now. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I’ll repeat what I’ve said already mate, you can’t be annoyed at Mo if what he did is exactly what he does to us as a Get In There gesture and when you watch it that is exactly what it is he doesn’t place his other hand on the arm he throws in the air he simply punches the air, he does have a pop as he’s running towards them by pointing to his ears to say I can’t hear you now. 

I thought he touched his arm, making it a GIRUY.  If he didn't touch his arm, then I'm with you on this one.   His face was a defo GIRUY though, but the ref couldn't see that, so irrelevant. 

I'm at work, so can't play it, but will look later.

43 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Looked deliberate to me mate. Alfredo plays right on the edge. Sometimes he goes over and gets away with it & other times he gets nailed.

Typical South American style player, kinda reminds me of Luis Squaraz.

The one in the OF yeah maybe you can say he's been clever and made it look accidental but the Motherwell one the boy's come from behind him as he's went to toe poke the ball away and he's caught the boy.

6 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I'm converted. Tail between my legs. Just seen the screenshots of him doing same celebration to our fans at Ibrox. 

Screenshot_2019-12-16-19-41-54.jpg

What chance do you have when this is the medias take. Michael 'wallloper' Stewart

Speaking on BBC Sportsound, he said: "I don't agree. There's a big difference. Scott Brown was standing there. The game finished in that bottom corner - he didn't go over there to the Rangers support.

"He was standing there with his arms out in front of the Rangers support.

"The video footage I saw he walked up the side of the pitch celebrating with the celtic supporters. I don't think he should have been sent off. 

"I see a difference between what we saw yesterday and that. I don't see any inconsistency in that but look if you are going to get supporters of one team finding issue with it I don't think that's a great surprise.

"It's been a long time since I remember seeing the video footage but to me it wasn't the same as what happened yesterday."

9 hours ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

What chance do you have when this is the medias take. Michael 'wallloper' Stewart

Speaking on BBC Sportsound, he said: "I don't agree. There's a big difference. Scott Brown was standing there. The game finished in that bottom corner - he didn't go over there to the Rangers support.

"He was standing there with his arms out in front of the Rangers support.

"The video footage I saw he walked up the side of the pitch celebrating with the celtic supporters. I don't think he should have been sent off. 

"I see a difference between what we saw yesterday and that. I don't see any inconsistency in that but look if you are going to get supporters of one team finding issue with it I don't think that's a great surprise.

"It's been a long time since I remember seeing the video footage but to me it wasn't the same as what happened yesterday."

They didn't show the stamp on Kamara, nor the studs being raked down the back of Alfies legs nor the studs up one into his shin. They only mentioned objects flung at him to reinforce what happens as a result of his misconduct.

They really do hate us.

Archived