*****Official Hibs v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Dropping your £7m star winger because he’s had maybe 3 sub-par performances in the last 5, only to replace him with Ojo, Stewart or Barker is well over the top. 

Gerrard has shown that with his star men he gets them to play through it to find form - see Tav for example. 

If it’s a must win game I’d much rather him than them in my starting 11, as will Gerrard thankfully. 

Fans can be utterly ridiculous to be honest. The guy is young, missed preseason, picked up a major injury and has still contributed reasonably. Wanting him out the team after the clamour to sign him sums the some of the Rangers support up. 

Sure someone will be along to quote ‘standards’ as the excuse for being utterly negative, unreasonable moany bastards. 

Keep playing him every game then. He’s certainly replaceable.

If we lose today it’ll be nothing short of a fucking disaster.  The team needs to get wins against Hibs and Kilmarnock before going in to that game at Parkhead.

Strongest possible team and get a good amount of goals.  

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Doesny make it right though, look at Ojo.

Ojo has never really shown his potential, imo there's no form for him to get these days. Whereas everyone knows what Kent is capable of and i reckon playing him is the only way to get his head right again. I mean look at Borna. Arguably it was 2 key moments, the free kick, then the tackle at Feynoord to turn him around.

6 minutes ago, SRAO said:

Ojo has never really shown his potential, imo there's no form for him to get these days. Whereas everyone knows what Kent is capable of and i reckon playing him is the only way to get his head right again. I mean look at Borna. Arguably it was 2 key moments, the free kick, then the tackle at Feynoord to turn him around.

Aye, but Barisic wasn’t exactly playing every game when he started showing promise. 

25 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Actually have a bad feeling we will draw this tonight. 🙁

I don’t think we will win either 

There is just something about us that can’t rise to a big domestic challenge away from Ibrox .Especially our hated enemies 

bheastville ,Sheepland and most definitely Easter road have yet to be conquered 

1 win out of all the games we have played there since we returned to top league 

Lamentable record tbh  

2 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Wonder if Defoe will take a sore one with them knowing we have no more strikers. Can Stewart play up top if worst game to worst? 

Hopefully he will be too savvy to let this happen, and what happens if (I know it is a big if) he has a storming game tonight with regards to Alfie going straight back into the team?  I know realistically that even if Defoe scored a hat-trick tonight Morelos would be back next game, but given that Gerrard tries to be fair to his squad, it would give him something to think about for Boxing Day, perhaps keep Alfie fresh for THEM.

4 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Hopefully he will be too savvy to let this happen, and what happens if (I know it is a big if) he has a storming game tonight with regards to Alfie going straight back into the team?  I know realistically that even if Defoe scored a hat-trick tonight Morelos would be back next game, but given that Gerrard tries to be fair to his squad, it would give him something to think about for Boxing Day, perhaps keep Alfie fresh for THEM.

Alfredo starts when available, that’s not even debatable for me. 

Archived