Sign in to follow this  
The Widow's Son

Andrew Neil, Rangers fan

10 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

PG was a big cricket school - don't even think they had a football team

Rugby as well, for a school that had feegie folk in it, it saw itself as a bit of a snobby school

siddiqi_drinker likes this

15 hours ago, LV said:

When did he ever support us only seen him in a strip for JG testimonial. 

The picture in a Rangers strip was because he was on John Greig’s testimonial committee. In 1978 he was regarded as being a supporter of Scottish football in general.

Although by then he had already written “You’re In My Heart” with its reference to the tarriers so he should have been nowhere near John Greig’s testimonial committee. In fact despite him making noises about wanting to play in the game, as far I remember he was nowhere to be seen on the day.

36 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Andrews brother Jim was a st. midden fan who liked us and hated them. Masonic brother.

I worked with boys from feegie who were good bears though all the midden fans seemed rabid bassas.

9 hours ago, harlands plater said:

The picture in a Rangers strip was because he was on John Greig’s testimonial committee. In 1978 he was regarded as being a supporter of Scottish football in general.

Although by then he had already written “You’re In My Heart” with its reference to the tarriers so he should have been nowhere near John Greig’s testimonial committee. In fact despite him making noises about wanting to play in the game, as far I remember he was nowhere to be seen on the day.

What’s his excuse for kicking about with a Rangers strip in 1991 then?

9 hours ago, harlands plater said:

He definitely never played. JGs testimonial was Kenny Watson’s best ever game for us! 🤦‍♂️