Biggest turn around from a Rangers player?

graeme_4

Pretty well acknowledged that the u-turn in Mark Hateley was probably the biggest in terms of an awful start, to becoming an absolute machine.

Fernando too, from being hooked in the first half against the filth to becoming club captain and lifting trophies.

Borna in more recent times stands out, after looking like he was being bombed out to becoming one of our most important players. 

Anyone else stand out for you?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Didn't take him long but Goram. Absolutely shocking against Hearts where Crabbe lobbed him from 40 odd yards

I always believed a big part of Gorams starting problem was that he was filling the boots of Chris Woods who was a brilliant keeper, Woods would have more or less walked into any team in the world at both club and international level, he was second choice for England as they had Shilton who at that point was in top form and is also 1 of the greatest of all time.

For bad starts I always remember Amoruso had a woeful start, heard him being called Ama-useless at times, the big man wasn't phased and had confidence in his ability even if hardly anyone else did at this point. 

1 minute ago, geronimoo said:

I always believed a big part of Gorams starting problem was that he was filling the boots of Chris Woods who was a brilliant keeper, Woods would have more or less walked into any team in the world at both club and international level, he was second choice for England as they had Shilton who at that point was in top form and is also 1 of the greatest of all time.

For bad starts I always remember Amoruso had a woeful start, heard him being called Ama-useless at times, the big wasn't phased and had confidence in his ability even if hardly anyone else did at this point. 

Agree with you about Woods. 

I don't remember Amoruso's dodgy start, thought that came under Advocaat but might be mis-remembering. Looked a rolls royce of a player on his debut versus them.

Possibly not quite the same but the transformation in Ryan Jack is just ridiculous. For me he was always fine, solid, okay. Some didn't want him in the first place. Some wanted him gone. Not everyone had him in their first choice 11s during the past few summers in the lead up to the new seasons.

However he's went from okay to exceptional IMO. I don't even think a Jack diehard fan could have seen the progression in his game. Quite remarkable to be honest.

Another one for slightly different reasons is probably Kenny Miller. Don't think anyone wanted him back. Everything was against him coming back however he turned it round to give us all many a great day. Obviously some still hate him but in terms of return on the park, he played his part in some great moments.

7 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

For bad starts I always remember Amoruso had a woeful start, heard him being called Ama-useless at times, the big wasn't phased and had confidence in his ability even if hardly anyone else did at this point. 

fef.gif

41 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Didn't take him long but Goram. Absolutely shocking against Hearts where Crabbe lobbed him from 40 odd yards

Just don’t tell goram that because he’ll tell you to fuck off. 

13 minutes ago, JimmyCR1 said:

And Beattie and Senderos, Defoe puts them all to shame.

remeber when James Beattie came on I remeber some one played a through ball. He was so so so so slow ! ill never forget it I was like what the fuck have we signed here. 

Archived