Sign in to follow this  
graeme_4

Biggest turn around from a Rangers player?

11 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Didn't take him long but Goram. Absolutely shocking against Hearts where Crabbe lobbed him from 40 odd yards

I always believed a big part of Gorams starting problem was that he was filling the boots of Chris Woods who was a brilliant keeper, Woods would have more or less walked into any team in the world at both club and international level, he was second choice for England as they had Shilton who at that point was in top form and is also 1 of the greatest of all time.

For bad starts I always remember Amoruso had a woeful start, heard him being called Ama-useless at times, the big man wasn't phased and had confidence in his ability even if hardly anyone else did at this point. 

1 minute ago, geronimoo said:

I always believed a big part of Gorams starting problem was that he was filling the boots of Chris Woods who was a brilliant keeper, Woods would have more or less walked into any team in the world at both club and international level, he was second choice for England as they had Shilton who at that point was in top form and is also 1 of the greatest of all time.

For bad starts I always remember Amoruso had a woeful start, heard him being called Ama-useless at times, the big wasn't phased and had confidence in his ability even if hardly anyone else did at this point. 

Agree with you about Woods. 

I don't remember Amoruso's dodgy start, thought that came under Advocaat but might be mis-remembering. Looked a rolls royce of a player on his debut versus them.

hammer93 likes this

There was so many players, I think even big Amo was shite when he came in, making big mistakes all the time. He practically erased them from his game and became rock solid.

Memory is shite, I might be wrong.

8 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Agree with you about Woods. 

I don't remember Amoruso's dodgy start, thought that came under Advocaat but might be mis-remembering. Looked a rolls royce of a player on his debut versus them.

Certainly did

13 minutes ago, JimmyCR1 said:

And Beattie and Senderos, Defoe puts them all to shame.

remeber when James Beattie came on I remeber some one played a through ball. He was so so so so slow ! ill never forget it I was like what the fuck have we signed here.