Biggest turn around from a Rangers player?

graeme_4

1 minute ago, WeeJacksonRFC said:

remeber when James Beattie came on I remeber some one played a through ball. He was so so so so slow ! ill never forget it I was like what the fuck have we signed here. 

Walter did sign some amount of shite in his time. Thankfully he signed some absolute stars to make up for it.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Mental that as well, he was a seasoned hardened pro but shat it against jobbers at hamilton. The epitome of disappointment 

I was under 14 -18  playing for my local team down south in festivals beating professional youth teams and teams linked to big clubs. We were loud, gallas, could battle but could play a bit too. They really didn't expect that of us.

Imo it's the same at a professional level - many folk coming from down south in particular really underestimate the game here and what's required to succeed in it.

38 minutes ago, WeeJacksonRFC said:

remeber when James Beattie came on I remeber some one played a through ball. He was so so so so slow ! ill never forget it I was like what the fuck have we signed here. 

He’d still beat Helander

27 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

To a certain degree .... Alfredo has had his fair share of criticism ...... but has become ..... and no doubt will get better ..... the player we all adore today.

:UK:

I think Alf,s  heading ability has improved enormously this season,  and his link up play.

47 minutes ago, WeeJacksonRFC said:

He moved like a robot, no idea how he played so many games down south.

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Possibly not quite the same but the transformation in Ryan Jack is just ridiculous. For me he was always fine, solid, okay. Some didn't want him in the first place. Some wanted him gone. Not everyone had him in their first choice 11s during the past few summers in the lead up to the new seasons.

However he's went from okay to exceptional IMO. I don't even think a Jack diehard fan could have seen the progression in his game. Quite remarkable to be honest.

Another one for slightly different reasons is probably Kenny Miller. Don't think anyone wanted him back. Everything was against him coming back however he turned it round to give us all many a great day. Obviously some still hate him but in terms of return on the park, he played his part in some great moments.

Jack has become a magnificent player.

He's got two of the best central midfielders of the previous generation to learn from but he's the one who has stepped up.

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Agree with you about Woods. 

I don't remember Amoruso's dodgy start, thought that came under Advocaat but might be mis-remembering. Looked a rolls royce of a player on his debut versus them.

Big Amo's debut was at the piggery in the Scottish cup semi....he came off the bench and was a colossus in that game....he was already a fans favourite by then end of that game

Archived