Biggest turn around from a Rangers player?

graeme_4

22 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

Jennings was a little bit before my time, I had heard of him but. I think Goram was in the same boat, if he was from the continent like Italy or Spain he would have been considered an all time great, I seriously rate Goram as 1 of the best ever and (slightly controversial for some) I rate him as good as a young Buffon.

I honestly think Goram is one Rangers player who was the best in the world in his position . That's how highly I rated him . 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Eh? The first league game of his first season he dribbled the ball about 60 yards before setting up big dunc for the winner

We were dumped out of europe early (AEK if my memory is right) and there were question marks over both laudrup and boli. Laudrup had signed from AC but tbh if i mind right he was a bit meh, it was in germany he showed the form he did with us 

35 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

You could be right, and it prob is my memory. I thought he was not that great at the start and came good, it might be he had a dip in form that I'm getting mixed up with. 

Think people forget that amo arrived injured and his debut was the last OF game of the season i think

Just now, Gascoigne8 said:

We were dumped out of europe early (AEK if my memory is right) and there were question marks over both laudrup and boli. Laudrup had signed from AC but tbh if i mind right he was a bit meh, it was in germany he showed the form he did with us 

Yeah we lost to AEK in europe, falkirk put us out the league cup at ibrox and tarriers beat us, but i dont remember Laudrup being that bad, he strolled the motherwell win on opening day

47 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Leading to arguably the best clip of Walter, if not any manager, ever.

52 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I honestly think Goram is one Rangers player who was the best in the world in his position . That's how highly I rated him . 

Best under 6 foot definitely, best shot stopper at any height maybe, but as great as he was I'm not sure he was rounded enough (in skills, not belly) to stake a claim to be the best in the world.

10 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Best under 6 foot definitely, best shot stopper at any height maybe, but as great as he was I'm not sure he was rounded enough (in skills, not belly) to stake a claim to be the best in the world.

All about opinions mate . 

And I'll go further , I dont think there was a better keeper before or since and I include guys like Banks , Shilton or even Schmeikel to whom he was often compared to.  

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

For me, he genuinely was the best in the world at that time. Living in England at that point everycunt couldn’t see past Schmeichel who was amazing no doubt but Goram was the best I’ve ever seen. 

1 hour ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Thought Boli was going to be a great signing 

21 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Pretty well acknowledged that the u-turn in Mark Hateley was probably the biggest in terms of an awful start, to becoming an absolute machine.

Fernando too, from being hooked in the first half against the filth to becoming club captain and lifting trophies.

Borna in more recent times stands out, after looking like he was being bombed out to becoming one of our most important players. 

Anyone else stand out for you?

You listen to H in H? 😂

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Think people forget that amo arrived injured and his debut was the last OF game of the season i think

He was incredible in that game too. His debut was immaculate. Not a player I'd say had a bad start. 

2 hours ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Boli just loved phoning up burgers and fish suppers to his room service at Cameron House, absolute waste of a player.

Archived