***** The Official Rangers V Kilmarnock Match Thread *****

Not the prettiest to watch, but job done. Barcelona would have struggled against that lot today. I’m not complaining about their system though as they didn’t come to Ibrox today to make it an entertaining game. 3 points in the bag and we move on to the tarriers. Job done. 

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Last year we possibly would’ve lost points in a game like that. It was a struggle today, but we got through. Thought Kent was a bit disappointing today.  3 points is the important stat. 

Totally agree with your post mate.

Kent certainly has not looked like a 7m  pound player this season.  I think the tag is too big for him and he is trying too hard.

Saying that, Arfield is also disappointing this season.

15 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Tough playing against a team who came for a 0-0 draw and completely boring for a fan to watch.

Thank you Alfredo for a well taken goal.

These coaches have studied for years and worked their way through the ranks. Got their pro badge and the best they can do is 7 at the back every time the opposition gets the ball ?

Give me a break. 

10 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

On reflection, do you think Gerrard started with Defoe just to say to Morelos that unlike last season that if he does find himself serving a ban for stupid red cards he is not guaranteed a starting slot when he is available. 

No. 

I thought Tav had a great first half, not so much in the second.

Not sure how Aribo got motm although options were few and far between. I probably would have given it to Morelos for getting us 3 points.

Just when I thought Kent had turned a corner the last couple of games, then he disappointed today.

For all the ball possession Barisic had today, his crossing was ineffective.

Looks like we came away without injuries and good to see Davis back. He will be needed on Sunday.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I thought Tav had a great first half, not so much in the second.

Not sure how Aribo got motm although options were few and far between. I probably would have given it to Morelos for getting us 3 points.

Just when I thought Kent had turned a corner the last couple of games, then he disappointed today.

For all the ball possession Barisic had today, his crossing was ineffective.

Looks like we came away without injuries and good to see Davis back. He will be needed on Sunday.

Ryan Jack got motm.

Too many players not quite on it today. Kent, Arfield, Defoe all below par. We simply need more from them if any of them play on Sunday if we've to hope to win. Thought the defenders played well, Bornas crossing apart.  Shooting practice required before sunday.

Predicted Killie parking the bus, poor challenges and timewasting. Got all 3 correct.

3 points all that mattered today though, and its onto Sunday we go 

Archived